Thread: Open Source Gaming Handheld Project Wants Your Money [Slashdot]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Open Source Gaming Handheld Project Wants Your Money [Slashdot]

YokimaSun writes to point out a Kickstarter project that may warm the cockles of your heart: "Fans of Emulation and Homebrew have not had much to cheer about over the years, the recent generation of consoles have all pretty much killed off any hacking by constant firmware updates. The days of PSP Homebrew have died a death and consoles like the Caanoo, GP2x and even the mighty Openpandora never really lived up to the massive expectation. There is a glimmer of hope from a team of homebrew developers who have developed a new console called the GCW-Zero, a new Open Source Handheld system which uses the OpenDingux Linux OS. The specs are impressive, with a Ingenic JZ4770 1 GHz MIPS processor, Vivante GC860, capable of OpenGL ES 2.0, 3.5 inch LCD with 320x240 pixels; 4:3 aspect ratio, 512 MB DDR2 and 16GB of internal memory which can via external memory card be extended by another 32GB. N64 and PS1 emulation and everything below should be at full speed in time."

Read more of this story at Slashdot.

I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was thinking about posting a thread about this myself. This thing really does look incredible. I hope it makes it.