Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAV AND MOST HATED CONSOLES

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Favorite: Easy, Turbo Grafx-16. I love those jack-of-all-trades systems, plus they seem to have gotten more out of their CD attachment than any other system did. Sega Master System also has that jack-of-all-trades quality I love.

Least Favorite? Well, the CD-i comes instantly to mind but they really hardly marketed that as just a game system, see the VCDs out there with the CD-i logo. this may surprise some here, but the system that gets the least play in my house: The Super NES. Yes, I love the RPGs on it, but somehow every other game that came out on it that also came out on the Genesis seems to be more fun with the Genny controller. Plus, the SNES doesn't have Landstalker or Phantasy Star... or the Shining Series for that matter. I guess I just can't get into the regular SNES fare.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great system. I just don't play it.

...CD-i blows.

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good god, someone else from Liverpool (well, ok, so maybe I don't actually live there, but anyway, it's the nearest Big Place)

Favorite system: Megadrive + Mega CD, although I'm not sure why.

Least Favorite: Probably the N64 simply because the control stick used to give me blisters. Actually, how about the GBA, possibly my biggest spending mistake to date.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

System I love the most? Hmmm....overall that would have to be my NES (it's the only system that I never sold from my collection).

Most hated? I dislike certain systems due to their game lineup or something. I dislike the Jaguar due to its mostly crap lineup and abysmal controller. I dislike the Game Boy due to its hard to see screen (not counting the SP, mind you, I'm talking GB through original GBA) and game rehashes I still own on the SNES. I hate the PS1 not because of the games but the direction Sony moved the industry. Many of you probably know my stance on Sony, so I won't repeat it as I get long winded (more than usual).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't trust a game system that has a hard drive...but maybe that's just me.

Why?

My fav is the Genesis. Lots fo great games sports and RPG's.
    Worse right now I would say the PS2. Any GTA game after 2 blows.
    There are some good games but Sony pisses me off. Devil May Cry 2 got tons of prees but I don't know anyone that like it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: FAV AND MOST HATED CONSOLES

Quote Originally Posted by grayrobertos
    My fav has to be the snes, the nes tought me everything I know but the snes showed me how beutiful it can be.

I hate the playstations however as I feel they have lowered the bar in videogaming if u know what I meen. Not making ur own games is a sin and they are trying to make games machines like vcrs. Doesnt work for me.

I also luv DC,N64 and megadrive however had no luv for the master system.
    Okay. The TI-99/4A for the "Touch Typing Tutor" and the Dreamcast for "Typing of the Dead". Pick them up today!

No, really. I'm serious.

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi EveryOne,

Just thought i'd alittle to the FAV Console!?? and worst!! My Favs are the C64, NES, SNES and the GC ( Starfox Adv amazing!!! Zelda amazing!! Metroid etc, etc just sweet A$$ GAMES!!)

I want Nintendo to either bye playmore or get them to start releasing some of the NeoGeo games for GC Xclusivly!! But the games would have to be as tight and sharp as they are on the Neo!! it's Hot!!

I know i'm dreaming but it would be a big thing to sell the Next GC console!! along with there own (nintendo games) as well as 2nd and 3rd party!!... Nintendo need to get the 3rd party ppl on track (The licensing sounds really steep..)

I'm a Huge Snes fan (The U.S VERSION) when the snes was first released in the UK i got one with my brother it was the Street Fighter II Pack i remember thinkin at first it looked Huge, and i kept thinkin it won't touch the NES, for the gameplay etc, etc (Doooh!! i learned very quickly :P !!)

After a year or so again me and my brother Got the US Version £220 which back them for a games console was abit steep! but we wanted real bad!

After getting the US version i was hooked and have been ever since i like the PAL version still, but nothing and no one can touch the US SNES, I started collecting US Snes/Games/Consoles/promo/proto stuff about 4 maybe 5 years back and i'm on my way to completing my collection (But any collector knows, any collection is never complete there is always that little something to find .)

Another thing the SNES no matter what region US, PAL or JAP they all can take a lickin and keep on tickin!! and never stop.

The only problem (once in a blue moon) i come across is using crappy JAP and US pirate games these are lethal i have killed 3 snes's with these little sh*ts!!.. also again in a blue moon the fuse on the board might pop, but that nothing to fix!!

I have dropped, smashed, cracked and kicked (by accident) my snes and they just keep going.. THE BEST!!!

Unlike the Sega MegaDrive / Genesis it feels so hollow and cheap and even a wrong look in it's direction might make it stop working!! and the frickin Pads?!?!? ohhhh i loved it when Street fighter was released for the Genesis, i was playing it at a computer club we had at Highschool at lunch time, my first question where all the buttons go!! that learn Capcom!! for cheatin on us!! lol

I'm no fan of Sega! really, I do like a few off the genesis games (Maybe 3 or 4) but i always feel dirty afterwards like i cheated on my Poor snes that stays at home an waits for me.. :/ i feel like a cheap hooker just talkin about it!

The thing that really made it hard was genesis / Megadrive fans that used to go on and on about it and how the Snes was rubbish, it just made me luv my Snes even more (i'm die hard Nintendo! )

For me also the N64 was good but it seemed like it was launched, had a good few games released for it and then that was it, Next console please?, all i read in most NIN mags was news, about how so-and-so had stopped making games and how Nintendo where going down the plug hole if the N64 died.... By the end all i heard was how the N64 was made just to run Mario 64.. which we all new it wasn't but it will never rival the Snes in it's games and popularity?!? shame really!! and we waited so god dame long as well..

I have a PSone as well!! but i couldn't tell you much about it a have a few favs (twisted metal series, SF2 etc) on that as well, but i'm no one to ask about games or stuff like that..

I don't have a PS2 (But i think Vice city is amazing!! very nice game)

Also i have never played a DC or an Xbox!! But from what i gather i'v missed out on not having a dreamcast!! oh well!! There going cheap i might start now!!

Sorry to have gone on for ages if you have alittle look over to the left you'll see i don't post much!! when i do it's in bursts like this i didn't relise i had gone on so much sorry fellas!! lol

I console!! myself in the knowledge!! that the whole Sony PS1 and PS2 family tree are from the SNES CD that makes them offspring of the Snes AHHHH!!! Ninny always wins!!

Bye, uhhhh ok you guy's wake up the post is over!!!

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

I don't know about a least favorite system, but I prefer my NES and my NGPC over most everything else. Though my GBA gets a lot of play, since I only have 3 NGPC games (but I'm hoping to change that at CGE).