Thread: Report: NeoGeo X’s Production Is Coming to an End

Strawberry (Level 2) cityside75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rumors of the X's death are greatly exaggerated:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/25/ne...herals-on-the/

Now I know that many will still be skeptical, and I am as well, but I'm still glad to hear that it's not officially dead yet. For what it's worth, flaws and all this device has really rekindled my love for the Neo. I've been re-focused on completing Samurai Shodown 2 and Metal Slug and I have to say that the much hated credit limit has been part of the motivator for me, and my skills in both games have improved in the last few weeks trying to get it done on just 4 credits. I also really like (love?) the clicky pad on the handheld and couldn't imagine going back and playing these with a d-pad or analog stick. I've also had zero issues with the joystick and with a little fiddling on the TV I can get a picture that's comparable to the composite output of my actual AES (which really isn't THAT great either).

Here's hoping that at least a few game packs make it out before the doors really are shut for good!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't buy the death of it either as much as some fanboys of similar products would like to see it dead or those hating the problems or price of it(understandable on that stuff.) The real system to me is this years handheld. The last year thing was to bait the big fans with deeper pockets who want all the added parts, fluff and extra title. On Reddit a Tommo employee as talking up the thing for more games but not which, their support team and testing, intentions and asking for any bugs or issues they can address in firmware and hardware updates.

I'm still interested, but I do want to see a few of the non-dock issues the main unit has addressed, still wish it would also take more than 4 credits as an option, and allow for more games to run either they release or by other means.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm hoping that the update gets released, not just for the improvements, but to get the upgrade process out in the open to make hacking easier.
    This thing is begging for unibios and more emulators.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    This thing is begging for unibios and more emulators.
    I heard a PS1 bios was in it, some NEO GEO games were released in Japan for the PS1. KOF 95 thru 99, Samurai Shodown 1 thru 3, and Metal Slug. Even a 3D Fatal Fury game. I dont know if this has the power to do PS1 properly though.