Thread: Selling some GameGear stuff on craigslist, what to do?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Selling some GameGear stuff on craigslist, what to do?

Couldn't think of where to put this, so I guess this will have to do.

I'm a little worried about some gamegear items I listed on craigslist (to be exact, Two Faulty GGs for repair, 3 Copies of sonic 2, 2 copies of sonic chaos, one copy of sonic 1 and 4 sports games). I got an offer from a guy who claims his autistic nephew absolutely loves game gear stuff and he fixes broken ones in his spare time. Seems genuine, and, from the time I've spent here, his hobby doesn't seem odd at all. However, since he's around a 40-50 minute drive away from me, he wants me to ship it to him and pay me through money order. I told him I'd sell it all for $22 plus shipping, and he was alright with paying another ~$12 for shipping via a medium flat rate box. My question is: is this a safe method of transaction and, if not, what options do we have?

Now, I did let the fellow know about this forum since he seemed to be into console repair, but I don't know if he's joined or not. To restate, I've got nothing against the guy, I just want to know if this or any kind of transaction locally is secure (as craigslist specifically warns against money orders), to protect both of us, really.

Thanks for any help you can offer; I'm sure many of you are far more experienced dealing with craigslist than I.

EDIT: He just told me that he got 12 for-repair gamegears for free from a neighbor so he's only interested in the games now, which I offered to ship in a small flat rate box for $20 total. doesn't change the situation much, but thought I'd add that.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 01-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.