Thread: Anyone Use Solarisjapan.com Before?

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone Use Solarisjapan.com Before?

I stumbled across a website selling Japanese imports called Solaris Japan. Website Link: http://solarisjapan.com/

Browsing through their site, I noticed they have some decent prices on their games. So I'm tempted to try them out. However, before I do, I wanted to get some opinions on them.

Has anyone here used them before? If so, did you have any issues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Id like to know as well.There selection isn't half bad but i notice it's mostly what they sell,is sold out.Other then that i wonder how long it takes them if you make a request.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Id like to know as well.There selection isn't half bad but i notice it's mostly what they sell,is sold out.Other then that i wonder how long it takes them if you make a request.

Well, I bought a copy of Tales of Rebirth from their site. I got the game in a timely manner, and the condition was as described.

However, I had a heck of a time figuring out how to use their checkout system. The first time I went through it, I chose "Credit Card though Paypal" as the payment method. But instead of going to the Paypal site, it opened up section in the actual checkout screen to enter the cardholder's name, CC number, expiry date. However, it didn't ask for the security code or my billing address. It seemed odd to me, but I tried it anyway.

Of course, my card was declined. I even tried it couple of times, just to make sure I didn't mis-type anything. Finally, I decided to try "Paypal Express Checkout" option instead, and then it redirected me to the actual Paypal site where I could enter all my CC info correctly.

After submitting my payment info through Paypal, it redirected back to the Solaris Japan site. And that I got a message stating there's something wrong with my shipping address! So I had to fix that as well! I think I spent a half hour fiddling with checkout before I successfully submitted my order.

Now, I did use a pre-paid credit card, so there's no risk to my bank account. And so far there haven't been any suspicious charges on it.

So, will I order from Solaris Japan again? Yes, I will! Despite their confusing checkout, everything else about their business met my expectations.

Unfortunately, I can't vouch for their request system, as I haven't used it myself. I suggest emailing their customer support to find out more about it. I corresponded with them a few times, and they were pretty prompt with their replies. They usually responded within a few hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I bought a sealed copy of Dreamcast shmup Border Down (regular version) from them about 2-3 weeks ago.... it was only about 100 bucks shipped too (very good deal imho)! Shipping was fast too.

Overall, they seem like a great shop. Intend to buy from them again soon.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thanks for the response sega_queen and stealthlurker.Probably in the future i may buy them,since as of late i want to import for the md&sfc more.