Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2013 finds

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was all in a plastic bag at Salvation Army for $49.99.

This was $4.99 at the same Salvation.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, this month certainly started off with a bang.

Heading down to a local GameStop earlier this week, I was met with a surprise. They were in the process of tearing down their PS3 Kiosk. Apparently, they no longer had any space for it and they had been told to trash it. I have a very good relationship with the employees and manager there, so I asked if there was any way I could have it. After some discussion and a couple of phone calls with the manager, they agreed to have it ready for me that evening. When I came by to pick it up, they had removed the television and the console. I was already planning on using my own PS3 console, but I had to put some consideration into a replacement for the television. I dismantled it, loaded it into the back of my SUV, thanked the crew, and headed home.

After some contemplation, I settled on using a PS3 3D Display for the kiosk. What better way to compliment a PS3 Kiosk than with a PS3 TV? I bought one from a store that still had one in stock along with an extra pair of 3D glasses. Unfortunately, when I opened the box and examined the television, I found that it actually isn't meant to be mounted. There are some screw holes on the back, but they are too close together to fit the kiosk. I took some measurements and drafted up a plate that would fit the holes on the kiosk to the holes on the back of the display. The next day, I had the plate made and the television mounted on. The picture quality is fantastic and the 3D is quite impressive.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the way this turned out. I was able to save a kiosk from being destroyed while adding a fantastic piece to my room.

Last edited by Esquire Fox; 02-08-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not a game but I was pretty excited to pick up a copy of The Walt Disney Treasures Dr. Syn The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh on dvd for $5 and get home to see it selling for over $100 on ebay

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by esquire fox View Post
    well, this month certainly started off with a bang.

Heading down to a local gamestop earlier this week, i was met with a surprise. They were in the process of tearing down their ps3 kiosk. Apparently, they no longer had any space for it and they had been told to trash it. I have a very good relationship with the employees and manager there, so i asked if there was any way i could have it. After some discussion and a couple of phone calls with the manager, they agreed to have it ready for me that evening. When i came by to pick it up, they had removed the television and the console. I was already planning on using my own ps3 console, but i had to put some consideration into a replacement for the television. I dismantled it, loaded it into the back of my suv, thanked the crew, and headed home.

After some contemplation, i settled on using a ps3 3d display for the kiosk. What better way to compliment a ps3 kiosk than with a ps3 tv? I bought one from a store that still had one in stock along with an extra pair of 3d glasses. Unfortunately, when i opened the box and examined the television, i found that it actually isn't meant to be mounted. There are some screw holes on the back, but they are too close together to fit the kiosk. I took some measurements and drafted up a plate that would fit the holes on the kiosk to the holes on the back of the display. The next day, i had the plate made and the television mounted on. The picture quality is fantastic and the 3d is quite impressive.

Overall, i am extremely happy with the way this turned out. I was able to save a kiosk from being destroyed while adding a fantastic piece to my room.

that is awesome!!

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

QuackShot for genesis - $7 loose. Decent condition, game plays fine...I now have all the SEGA-made disney games on the genesis, but only fantasia's CiB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire Fox View Post
    Well, this month certainly started off with a bang.

Heading down to a local GameStop earlier this week, I was met with a surprise. They were in the process of tearing down their PS3 Kiosk. Apparently, they no longer had any space for it and they had been told to trash it. I have a very good relationship with the employees and manager there, so I asked if there was any way I could have it. After some discussion and a couple of phone calls with the manager, they agreed to have it ready for me that evening. When I came by to pick it up, they had removed the television and the console. I was already planning on using my own PS3 console, but I had to put some consideration into a replacement for the television. I dismantled it, loaded it into the back of my SUV, thanked the crew, and headed home.

After some contemplation, I settled on using a PS3 3D Display for the kiosk. What better way to compliment a PS3 Kiosk than with a PS3 TV? I bought one from a store that still had one in stock along with an extra pair of 3D glasses. Unfortunately, when I opened the box and examined the television, I found that it actually isn't meant to be mounted. There are some screw holes on the back, but they are too close together to fit the kiosk. I took some measurements and drafted up a plate that would fit the holes on the kiosk to the holes on the back of the display. The next day, I had the plate made and the television mounted on. The picture quality is fantastic and the 3D is quite impressive.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the way this turned out. I was able to save a kiosk from being destroyed while adding a fantastic piece to my room.
    I'm glad for you too man. That is super cool and I applaud your ingenuity and can do attitude. I wonder who ended up with PS3 and TV that were originally in it? I could see the Sony Rep wanting the PS3 back but what would they really do with a TV specifically designed for the kiosk after the kiosk was scrapped? Good on you for saving the kiosk from getting tossed out and very cool set up!
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bitNesMan View Post
    I'm glad for you too man. That is super cool and I applaud your ingenuity and can do attitude. I wonder who ended up with PS3 and TV that were originally in it? I could see the Sony Rep wanting the PS3 back but what would they really do with a TV specifically designed for the kiosk after the kiosk was scrapped? Good on you for saving the kiosk from getting tossed out and very cool set up!
    The store manager claimed the PS3 unit. Apparently, the district manager agreed to sell it to him for cheap. It was his first PS3 believe it or not, so he was very excited about it. I'm not entirely sure about the television, but I believe the district manager claimed it. I took a couple of snap shots of it first though, including a picture of the model number on the back. If I ever want to restore it to original parts, I'll have that information on hand.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Got fired today, that was fun. Guess the gaming gods decided to throw me a freakin bone and this fell into my lap. The SNES actually works (gonna get a good bath next week, more pressing issues in the meantime I'm afraid) and some really surprisingly good finds in here that I didn't know were that valuable. So here's the list...

The better stuff - Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Turtles in Time, Mega Man X, Super Metroid, Soul Blazer, Contra 3, Spiderman Maximum Carnage, Castlevania 4

The rest - Phantom 4040, Marvel War of the Gems, Frank Thomas Baseball, Incredible Hulk, Taz-Mania, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Earthworm Jim, Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, X-Men Mutant Academy, Killer Instinct, Street Fighter 2, Act Raiser 2, Final Fight, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Spiderman X-men Arcade's Revenge, Justice League Task Force, and Jurrassic Park

All total 80 bucks. Woot.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Today was pretty good. I'll post pics of everything then explain each find.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-08 20.12.51.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	6286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-08 20.17.08.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	6287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-08 20.22.19.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	6288

Craigslist (One person) $70:
    Gamecube system
    2 extra wire controllers
    1 wavebird
    9 games (two best Smash Bros, Starfox Adventures) The rest are pretty crap
    3 memory cards

N64 system (No controllers)
    13 games
    3 memory cards
    transfer plus adapter

GBA system
    GBA to Gamecube cable
    3 games (Mario Advance, Bomberman, Mario Kart)

12 genesis games (Nothing amazing just the normal rubish)
    2 genesis controllers
    genesis arcade stick

Salvation Army $25:
    Sega Saturn /w six button controller (Mint condition)
    Saturn 3D controllers

Goodwill $28:
    Slim PS2 w/ 2 dualshock controllers
    Just Dance 4 Wii U

Best Buy $15:
    Kirby 20th Anniversary (I had a $20 off coupon from Rewards zone, plus a $5 certificate)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ryo Hazuki jacket from my awesome girlfriend.

"Hmmmm... I know this."

"Hang-On, 100 Yen a game..."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Ryo Hazuki jacket from my awesome girlfriend.

"Hmmmm... I know this."

"Hang-On, 100 Yen a game..."
    Love the random Pop'n Music controller in the back lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    Love the random Pop'n Music controller in the back lol.
    You mean my FIVE DOLLAR Pop'n Music ASC?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    Got fired today, that was fun. Guess the gaming gods decided to throw me a freakin bone and this fell into my lap. The SNES actually works (gonna get a good bath next week, more pressing issues in the meantime I'm afraid) and some really surprisingly good finds in here that I didn't know were that valuable. So here's the list...

The better stuff - Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Turtles in Time, Mega Man X, Super Metroid, Soul Blazer, Contra 3, Spiderman Maximum Carnage, Castlevania 4

The rest - Phantom 4040, Marvel War of the Gems, Frank Thomas Baseball, Incredible Hulk, Taz-Mania, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Earthworm Jim, Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, X-Men Mutant Academy, Killer Instinct, Street Fighter 2, Act Raiser 2, Final Fight, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Spiderman X-men Arcade's Revenge, Justice League Task Force, and Jurrassic Park

All total 80 bucks. Woot.

wish i could end my day on a good note after being fired... o.O good finds regardless though :P

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    You mean my FIVE DOLLAR Pop'n Music ASC?
    Now that makes me want to cry. I can't even find those things locally at all let alone for that price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

007 Goldeneye box(N64) with random game $4
    WWF Wrestlemania 2000(N64) $4
    Brothers In Arms action figure $2
    Just Dance(Wii) $4
    Smallville cd $3
    Women cd $3
    Shot Glass...heh $1
    Aliens Vs. Predator: Extiction(Xbox) $4
    Billboard cd $3
    Final Fantasy III(DS) *read on*
    Super Mario Kart(Snes) $4
    Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past(Snes) $4
    Mario Paint(Snes) $4
    Turok(N64) $4

Every now and then I find boxed N64 games in the wild but when they are found at Goodwill they don't always have the game inside. Goldeneye wasn't in the box so I just put some other random wrestling game in there. But I'm sure I will find another cart only copy of Goldeneye to complete the set. Atleast Wrestlemania 2000 was in there because I needed that for my collection. While I would have rather found a Just Dance game for Kinect I grabbed the Wii version since I heard they were pretty popular. The shot glass is a gag gift for my girlfriend and I picked up the cds at different Goodwill locations.

This was the first time I've ever picked up a Aliens Vs Predator game and after hearing about how cool the series is this game is a....real time strategy game Oh well. I might become bored enough to play it some day. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past is also the first copy of that game I've ever picked up. I hardly ever see this in the wild, especially for an affordable price. But I use to say the same thing about Super Mario Kart and I've now found three of those in the last year. Then we have Final Fantasy III. Even though this was only priced at $2.92 I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick this up at the thrift store, until I opened it......

Inside were copies of Final Fantasy III(DS), Final Fantasy V(GBA), New Super Mario Bros(DS) and Children of Mana(DS). On top of that, the cashier marked this down for their half-off sale, so instead of the $2.92 it was marked for I only paid $1.46 for all of that. I have been buying video games from that store for awhile and they never include video games in their half-off sales. But it was a damn good deal so I'm not going to complain.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 02-08-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my first purchase of the year good start i think some were even sealed.

genesis
    Team usa basketball-CIB 3$

acclaim dual turbo wireless remote system genesis-CIB 15$

(genesis
    alisia dragoon-c
    race drivin!-CIB
    streets of rage-cb
    chester cheetah-too cool for school-CIB total 20$
    Mickies ultimate challenge-CIB

playstation
    Resident Evil-CIB)

(snes
    lethal weapon-CIB
    hurricanes-CIB
    tko championship boxing-CIB total 30$
    best of the best karate-CIB
    toys-CIB
    kablooey-CIB)

(n64
    tigger's honey hunt-c

nes
    battle chess-c
    wizards & warriors-c
    milons secret castle-
    abadox-the deadly inner war-c
    gradius-c
    total recall-c
    conquest of the crystal palace-c
    caveman games-c
    solar jetman-hunt for the golden warship-cb
    monster party-cb
    rocket ranger-CIB

genesis
    champions world class soccer-cb total 100$
    pitfall-the mayan adventure-CIB
    saturday night slammasters-CIB
    true lies-CIB
    super battletank-war in the gulf-CIB
    michael jacksons moonwalker-CIB
    batman forever-CIB
    jurassic park-rampage edition-CIB
    jungle book-CIB
    dynamite headdy-CIB
    wwf wrestlemania the arcade game-CIB
    world heroes-CIB
    arch rivals-cb

sega cd
    corpse killer-CIB

32x
    after burner-CIB)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For roughly the price of what the vendor wanted for the ever so rare Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt cart combo I got these eight games out of his "common" bin of NES games.

Stack Up
    Ninja Gaiden III
    TMNT III
    Kick Master
    Tiny Toon Adventure 2
    Whomp 'Em
    Batman Returns
    Micro Machines

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by treismac View Post

For roughly the price of what the vendor wanted for the ever so rare Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt cart combo I got these eight games out of his "common" bin of NES games.

Stack Up
    Ninja Gaiden III
    TMNT III
    Kick Master
    Tiny Toon Adventure 2
    Whomp 'Em
    Batman Returns
    Micro Machines
    i'd take a "common" stack up converter cart for the same price as mario duck hunt any day.

my recent finds were a Toaster, Fattie PS2 w/ memory card and a roomba dock with charger for $14 at a good will as-is store.

no pics, you all know what they look like....

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you mean a model 1 NES when you say "Toaster" or an actual toaster? I was pretty sure you meant a NES but the whole roomba vaccuum thing threw me off.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Other finds from the past few weeks:

Cantinflas Show 5-DVD volumes 1 and 2 (new, $1 each)
    Savage Sisters ($2)
    Los Caballeros del Zodiaco: La muerte de Hades (new, Mexican bootleg, $1)
    La maldición de Nostradamus (new, $1)
    La fuga del Rojo (new, $1)

Some of you guys may remember Cantinflas show under its American name, Amigo and Friends. Caballeros del Zodiaco is a bootleg from Mexico. How it ended up in the US, I dunno. The Nostradamus flick is... well, one of his descendants is an evil wizard and wants to take over the world. And a scientist must stop him. La fuga del Rojo is a typical 1980's action flick with the man that gives Chuck Norris nightmares, Mario Almada.
    Do you have more pictures of that Los Caballeros del Zodiaco disc? I want to check to see if it's a bootleg - there are actual legitimate Los Caballeros del Zodiaco DVDs from Mexico (in regions 1 and 4). Towers Entertainment appears to be the licensee for Latin America. Or just let me know if it has any regions listed on it at all.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092