Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jbjabroni23

Default Gold NWC For Sale

Haven't seen anyone post about this yet, if anyone is interested in one of the 26 Gold NWC's now's your chance!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Nintend...item20cee2149d

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, the goofball that coffin'd his NWC cart again. Yeah, I think the general consensus here was "fuck that shit". Didn't sell before, and I doubt it will this time around, at that price anyway. The prices for a lot of his other stuff are pretty ludicrous as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gamesafe/m.h...p2047675.l2562
    Last edited by wiggyx; 02-05-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I hate to say it, but nobody's going to spend $27,000.00 on a videogame, I don't care how rare it is.

It could be the only Nintendo World Championship cart in existence and nobody would spend that kind of money. The most this guy is realistically ever going to get is maybe a few thousand at the absolute most. but 27 grand? I hope he enjoys paying the ebay fees for a listing nobody will ever buy.

Even add to that, Nintendo World Championships itself isn't even really that good. Super Mario Bros and Teteis are all time classics, but what's Rad Racer doing in there? Nothing against Square's racer, but why not the first level of Contra or a round or the first level of Donkey Kong or hell, even a round of Nintendo Golf? Rad Racer is such a random anomaly in any sort of tournament involving the NES you can think of.

The final nail in the coffin is the fact that for quite some time now, those who simply MUST have a copy of NWC 1990 could spend a sliver of that $27,000 asking price on the retrozone reproduction cart that does the same exact thing and also comes with a box and a proper manual. This really boggles my mind how anyone could be delusional enough to think that there is even one gamer out there willing to shell out more than the cost of a mid range car on a single videogame.
    Last edited by Satoshi_Matrix; 02-05-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doesn't NWC Gold use an EEPROM? Won't gutting the board and exposing it to light destroy the game data?

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

http://m.cnet.com/news/ebay-buyer-pays-$41300-for-nintendo-game/10461235?ds=1

You clearly haven't been exposed to the Nintendo Age crowd. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

Not this dumb asshole's stupidly slabbed copy, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Doesn't NWC Gold use an EEPROM? Won't gutting the board and exposing it to light destroy the game data?

Lol nevermind I just looked at the picture. They do look like EEPROMS. So yeah, seems like a bad idea to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    I hate to say it, but nobody's going to spend $27,000.00 on a videogame, I don't care how rare it is.

It could be the only Nintendo World Championship cart in existence and nobody would spend that kind of money. The most this guy is realistically ever going to get is maybe a few thousand at the absolute most. but 27 grand? I hope he enjoys paying the ebay fees for a listing nobody will ever buy.

Even add to that, Nintendo World Championships itself isn't even really that good. Super Mario Bros and Teteis are all time classics, but what's Rad Racer doing in there? Nothing against Square's racer, but why not the first level of Contra or a round or the first level of Donkey Kong or hell, even a round of Nintendo Golf? Rad Racer is such a random anomaly in any sort of tournament involving the NES you can think of.

The final nail in the coffin is the fact that for quite some time now, those who simply MUST have a copy of NWC 1990 could spend a sliver of that $27,000 asking price on the retrozone reproduction cart that does the same exact thing and also comes with a box and a proper manual. This really boggles my mind how anyone could be delusional enough to think that there is even one gamer out there willing to shell out more than the cost of a mid range car on a single videogame.
    That's not why people buy NWC carts. They do sell for many thousands of dollars. It's just that this one, well, this one is a special kind of idiotic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post

You clearly haven't been exposed to the Nintendo Age crowd. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

I didn't want to say it that way, but you are 1000% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzo View Post
    Lol nevermind I just looked at the picture. They do look like EEPROMS. So yeah, seems like a bad idea to me.
    VGA supposedly uses the most UV resistant PC (polycarbonate) you can buy. I know that this is pretty much BS because they charge less for the whole process than the materials themselves would cost if they were indeed using museum quality UV resistant plastics.

Either way it's been largely agreed upon that this guy's slabbed copy is about as dumb as it gets.

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"VGA: Because, hey, y'know, who PLAYS video games anymore?"

Wouldn't be surprised if someone out there has a sealed gamegear sonic 2 in a VGA case.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    Oh, the goofball that coffin'd his NWC cart again. Yeah, I think the general consensus here was "fuck that shit". Didn't sell before, and I doubt it will this time around, at that price anyway. The prices for a lot of his other stuff are pretty ludicrous as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gamesafe/m.h...p2047675.l2562
    At least his Magic prices seem to be a little better priced out than his video game stuff, to bad I really don’t play Magic anymore. I am really surprised that the promo cards aren’t slabbed at least with them it would make more sense.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    At least his Magic prices seem to be a little better priced out than his video game stuff, to bad I really don’t play Magic anymore. I am really surprised that the promo cards aren’t slabbed at least with them it would make more sense.
    I'm no Magic aficionado, but this is reasonable?!

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

If thats authentic, it probably is worth more than that..

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only about 100 were made and given out to friends, family and some company workers. That’s not saying it will sell for that as it’s not a playable card so it only has a small market but his other stuff that’s not in the $6,000 price range is set a bit better.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post

Oh come on don't pigeon hole all of us who use that site as nuts. I think it was insane, both to ask that kind of cash on a game even if it is that limited, but then to send that to VGA the supposed sealed experts alone, to have them crack that shit open and expose it to a greater chance of ruined data exposing the chips was just sick. There is a group there that care about games and gaming first still there, much don't speak out and get drowned out I feel, I guess a non-vocal majority? No need to fan the flames, they really don't care what you think so it's just bitching into the wind. I started to post here as this place has some very gamer centric ties so it creates balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...m-cart-on-ebay

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    There is a group there that care about games and gaming first still there, much don't speak out and get drowned out I feel, I guess a non-vocal majority? No need to fan the flames, they really don't care what you think so it's just bitching into the wind. I started to post here as this place has some very gamer centric ties so it creates balance.
    What flames am I fanning? I think that the majority of the power users on Nintendo Age are psychotic dimwits. I don't care if they care that I care, and OK, that went to Hell, but whatever.

Use whatever forums you want. I also don't care that you care that I care that you don't care or... You know what, fuck it.

Seriously.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, it could be worse. It's not as bad as paying $30,000+ for a US AES Aero Fighters 3 that is all but confirmed as a fake:

http://kotaku.com/5889143/this-video...for-over-30000
    http://www.substance-tv.com/30000-ae...dge-a-forgery/