Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things Could Always Be Worse, WIll They?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Things Could Always Be Worse, WIll They?

What are some mistakes or evil things companies could have done this generation of consoles that they could end up doing next gen?

Capcom will start charging you to unlock new special moves in SF 5.
    There will be computer viruses infecting the 720 since itll use Explorer.

Those are just two I came up with with no real foundation to actually believe will happen, but they still could. Whats some ideas you fear that will happen?
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 02-06-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
    What are some mistakes or evil things companies could have done this generation of consoles that they could end up doing next gen?

Those are just two I came up with with no real foundation to actually believe will happen, but they still could. Whats some ideas you fear that will happen?

lol. Norton Anti Virus for Xbox

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just examples of how gaming continues to evolve further and further away from my interests.
    Last edited by XYXZYZ; 02-06-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 360 already uses IE and there are no viruses. But I wouldn't mind some kind of spam killer for all these ads on the corners of the dashboard. And thats the only thing I could see making games worse, having pop-up ads during gameplay. Dashboard ads are annoying enough.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What are you guys ideas of the possible worse case scenario future?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A second video game crash.

It would be brought on by all the insipid greed and stupidity of the game making companies trying to pass the blame onto the consumers for their own rotten business models from both sales and development time&costs. The first step is the locking out of second hand games and more DRM garbage, and it'll continue on from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Worst case scenario? Nintendo leaves the market. Without their competition, Microsoft and Sony proceed to screw gamers ten ways to sunday. Angered, gamers refuse to buy their product in droves, killing console gaming as we know it. Five years later, games and gamers are an eternal punchline for comedians, always sure to get a laugh. "So what's the deal with gamers? Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't games supposed to be played by little children? Hey, look at me! I'm playing online hide and go seek!" The audience applauds loudly.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    A second video game crash.
    I don't really see this as a bad thing. Maybe something new will get made instead of the same hyper-realistic FPS games or new versions of Final Fantasy/Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Madden/every other 20+ year old franchise that just releases an updated version every few years.

Smaller more creative companies need a better chance to get noticed.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LordsOfSkulls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

big problem i have with capcom is that their no release of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on PS Vita or PS3....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The most disturbing thing I'm seeing is all the DLC type stuff that is going on in games like Dead Space 3. You pay $60 for a game, and then they bombard you with requests to buy this gun, or that ammo, etc, etc. The nickel and diming of the gaming population is going to get really out of control in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"things could always be worse"

I hate thinking like this. It's a slippery slope & it makes you settle for things that you just shouldn't.

That said, hmm. How about a system that has locked games per system, is download only, you have to pay to play online, and each game is half finished or has half the game locked until you pay additional fees to unlock it for you. Additionally, the games won't play unless your're connected to the internet, and the single player (if any) deletes it's self when you finish it one time.

This is pretty much my end game scenario.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm half and half on dlc. I like how borderlands dlc is handled and feel that that's how it should be done. I shouldn't have to pay for pallete swaps in fighting games. Especially since we use to get them for free. I think a crash might be coming but I don't think it'll be as big as the first

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

I almost feel like we are in for another video game crash. I know it sounds impossible. But something about how the buisness's are pushing things right now or atleast how the rumors are stating it. I feel like something bad is gonna come from it.

But at the same time i agree a second crash could help shake things up and get companies back on track on creating new exciting titles other then the same call of duty/BF hack game and GTA wanna be (although i agree some are great.... but some are just stupid)

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    I almost feel like we are in for another video game crash. I know it sounds impossible. But something about how the buisness's are pushing things right now or atleast how the rumors are stating it. I feel like something bad is gonna come from it.

But at the same time i agree a second crash could help shake things up and get companies back on track on creating new exciting titles other then the same call of duty/BF hack game and GTA wanna be (although i agree some are great.... but some are just stupid)
    Our videogame companies don't want to make games, they want to control. DLC, DRM, online passes, and now anti-used game measures? These guys want to turn us into money cows to milk down at their beckon call. Where are the innovations? Where's the next level of video games? The big ideas? The fresh perspectives? The new frontiers?

You know what? Let 'em! Like I said in another thread, they're signing their death warrant. These greedy twats are setting themselves up for a crash without realizing. Gamer base shrinking by half, skyrocketing costs, collapsing sales, rampant piracy and console abandonment.....all these will come to pass in one form or another, I guarantee it and "good riddance to them". You can quote me on that.
    Last edited by Press_Start; 02-08-2013 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it seems like nintendos the only bandwagon I'll jump on. that and PC. There's not a whole lot I can get on ps360 that I can't get on pc

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My fears would also be that games would be console locked and used games would be eliminated. I am a huge fan of buying used games. If you can find a used game shop with the right prices and selection you can get allot for little money. If they do block used games were all screwed down the road when a game we want is out of print. It's kind of hard to build a collection with no games to buy.

I believe Nintendo is to smart to do this.They have the bennifit of the Wii u launching first. If Sony and or Microsoft do go through with it They will be putting the final nail in there coffins and Nintendo will be able to learn from there mistakes. Sony as a whole is not doing well at all and there was talk about there not being a Ps 4 at one point. They seem to assume that gamers are sheep and will keep buying no matter what. Theres a hell of allot of us who will draw the line at console locked and blocked used games. I say fuck Sony and Microsoft it they go through with it. If there that ignorant they deserve to get crushed. Dont get me wrong I hope that this dosen't happen because without competition were going to end up with shitty games I just have a bad feeling that this is were were headed.
    Last edited by rlemmon; 02-08-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heres a cool video to watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heres a cool video to watch.
    So he's basically saying video games need to be more like movies, or at least visual novels. Not surprising from the creator of heavy rain. What I fear from going down that path is taking away control from the player. The close you come to storytelling the more games become like movies, and really, controlling a game is pretty much the only thing separating many games from movies these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Games for Windows Live. Designed to make you experience 600% more horrible. This kind of DRM drives me mad (because it barely works). I'd hate to imagine it being everywhere.

- The death of the single player game. I like adventure games and western RPGs really. I like FPSs with good single player campaigns. I don't want to be matched against a load of foul mouthed twelve year olds from Poland - I want to play against my friends if I am going to play agains anyone. Multiplayer should be an afterthought.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    So he's basically saying video games need to be more like movies, or at least visual novels. Not surprising from the creator of heavy rain. What I fear from going down that path is taking away control from the player. The close you come to storytelling the more games become like movies, and really, controlling a game is pretty much the only thing separating many games from movies these days.
    I didnt get the turn games into movies thing like you did.

I think he meant games need to stop just being summer block buster types. There needs to be games like most of the movies in The Criterion Collection. Real art that can be taken seriously by older people so then older people who can appreciate things, more than kids who only care about graphics, come in and then the industry will evolve. He just used movies as an example.

And I think hes right about Hollywood only treating video games a cash in on their movies. Theres countless awesome films that could become amazing video games, but theyre not made. Theres a video game for Watchmen, but why isnt there a video game of The Seventh Seal?
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 02-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.