Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A whole new world of VGA idiocy

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't help but think people would have conflicting opinions over that.

Anyhow, I suppose sealed games do have their margin of appeal. It's not for me, but hey, if you want to display your childhood (or simply something rare) as a trophy for all to see, at least for this generation, I can't think of a better way than your favorite game(s) looking the same way it did when you first discovered it on your Xth birthday/christmas/whatever.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 02-28-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Live and let live I always say.

I don't get why people get all crazy over something like this. Who cares if someone wants to do something you don't agree with that doesn't affect you in any way? Is grading a game (regardless of whether it's current gen or classic) really that harmful to any of us? If someone wants to pay more than I would pay for that game, let them. If someone else decides that game is worth more than I am and is willing to pay for it, so what? I can still decide for myself what I'm willing to pay for something, regardless of what someone thinks it's worth. And it's a freaking video game - I can live without it until I can find one at a price I'm willing to pay.

Seriously people, stop trolling.

(I honestly hadn't even heard of VGA before this - I thought this thread was about the idiocy of modding a classic console to support VGA monitors )
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Collecting CIB - fine. Games came CIB.

Collecting sealed - fine. Sure it's pricey, but games DID come sealed.

Collecting loose - fine. Yes, it seems silly, but the loose game comes with what you need to PLAY it.

Collecting it all - fine. I used to collect it all. I collect CIB now.

Collecting manuals - fine.

My point is, that stuff came with the game.

Collecting VGA seriously worries me. What if this catches on? Will people suddenly think that games worth $10 now are worth $50, $100, $500, even worse? VGA looks like a fly by night to me.

I have 700 games, and a collection worth $6,000 or so. If I knew I could sell it all for 100 grand to VGA lemmings, would I? No. If I was to sell it, I'd sell it for it's fair market value of $6,000, and piece by piece.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I could not care less if someone likes collecting sealed games personally. That's your thing and that's cool. You can slab said game to preserve it in its current state ( makes sense to keep it protected if you intend to keep it that way.) what I think is utterly ridiculous is how gaga some get over a slabbed game. Sure it's cool to have a sealed out of production game. But paying the utterly ludicrous premium for a "graded" game is just silly IMO. But hey it's your money to spend and if you want to trade your opportunity to have a myriad of open playable games to have a display piece then by all means please do, it makes it easier for those of us who just want the game to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I collect sealed games. I even buy certain current gen games to keep them sealed. The way I see it, its much easier to find a disc only copy of a game, but finding a sealed copy of Ni No Kuni White Wizard Edition or Xenoblade Chronicles is much harder. There's no way I'm ever opening those.