Thread: Class of Heroes 2: Support Physical Release Of JRPGs!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) LordsOfSkulls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Default Class of Heroes 2: Support Physical Release Of JRPGs!

Right Now their is a sign up for pre-order, if reaches 2,500 sign ups the game Class of Heroes 2 will get a physical release for $34.99

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

=) i signed up cause i want the physical copy over the digital. + show my support for JRPGs.

Their alot of games in Japan that dont make State sides that should really be brought over.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordsOfSkulls View Post
    Right Now their is a sign up for pre-order, if reaches 2,500 sign ups the game Class of Heroes 2 will get a physical release for $34.99

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

=) i signed up cause i want the physical copy over the digital. + show my support for JRPGs.

Their alot of games in Japan that dont make State sides that should really be brought over.
    I signed up for two copies. I'm glad to see Vic going this route as I don't think every new JRPG warrants a collector's edition. I would be more than happy to pay $40 on an on-going basis for a physical and digital copy of anything Gaijinworks releases for the PSP.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I thought the Kickstarter campaign was really stupid so I didn't touch it, but $35 is reasonable for a physical copy so I signed up for this. Especially since there's potential for this to be hard to find and/or expensive later on, and I don't like digital-only gaming. I just requested one for myself to play, though; I ain't playing the reseller game with this.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Did anyone not pledge for the kickstarter because its a mediocre dungeon crawler?

I would of love to have seen Western Digital styled collectors edition return to the market place but I have absolutely no interest in this game. I've seen the videos they have posted and it really just doesn't appeal to me, I understand that with a new company they are going to start off small and build a reputation from there but I really wish their first localization efforts were in a more appealing genera. if they were going for something else, personally ideally something like Valkyria Chronicles III then I would be all over this but even at this cheaper alternative I have very little interest in it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not the most interesting release they could have gone with given the PSPs japan-only library of titles. But I'd like to think if its successful we'll see more really niche titles make it over in retail form. I put in for two copies (one to play one to collect).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    Did anyone not pledge for the kickstarter because its a mediocre dungeon crawler?

I would of love to have seen Western Digital styled collectors edition return to the market place but I have absolutely no interest in this game. I've seen the videos they have posted and it really just doesn't appeal to me, I understand that with a new company they are going to start off small and build a reputation from there but I really wish their first localization efforts were in a more appealing genera. if they were going for something else, personally ideally something like Valkyria Chronicles III then I would be all over this but even at this cheaper alternative I have very little interest in it.
    I personally have no interest in this game as I bought the first one and it bored me. Having said that, this is one of those rare instances where a few people ordering or not can and will make a difference and could lead to much more interesting games in the near future getting a physical release that otherwise would not. As such, I would encourage everyone to order one if they can possibly swing it.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

True, I suppose 30 bucks really isn't a lot and I could always sell it down the line.

It just makes me cringe every time I see "and there are TONS more Class of Heroes games to bring over if this succeeds!" line I've seen Vic Ireland express another forums. lol