Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Class of Heroes 2: Support Physical Release Of JRPGs!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    About time. Although I hear the "solution" to the whole licensing rights issue was to remove the intro entirely, which is pretty lame. Why couldn't they just remove the song and replace it with some in-game track? Doesn't make any sense to throw away the animation too for no reason.

I don't know if you made a typo, but the price is showing up as $36.99 for me. Kinda scuzzy of them to tack on a couple extra dollars from what they were originally saying the price would be with no explanation.

And it looks like they're doing the covers completely backwards assed. Why are the Kickstarter backers getting the cover that came in second place? Shouldn't their reward be the most popular cover? I actually prefer the second place cover, which is based on the Japanese cover rather than being a messy copy and paste of game assets like the other cover, and as someone who didn't back the Kickstarter, I was hoping I'd get that one.
    I agree. Vic didn't even bother to address the issue after several of us raised it last week on the Gaijinworks forums. He basically said he was looking into alternatives and then never provided more information. I suspect Gaijinworks basically has no money and that any further delays would cut into any slight profit this release might generate.

Kickstarter backers have the option of either buying the regular cover art release or the Kickstarter only version. Kickstarter backers received a special link via e-mail this morning to order the Kickstarter version. Otherwise, they can just use the public order form for the regular.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, it's nice that Kickstarter backers get an option (although they'd have that option no matter what since anybody can buy the normal version), but it still seems screwy to me that the cover that won the poll is the one that is available to everybody. The whole point is to reward the people who backed the Kickstarter, so they should be the only ones getting the cover that is most well-liked among fans. What kind of reward is getting exclusive access to a runner-up?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Uh, yeah they are.

UnchainedBlades 6/26/12
    Final Fantasy III 9/25/12
    Fifa 13 9/25/12
    Ragnarok Tactics 11/6/12
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11/6/12
    Eliminage Original 11/20/12
    Corpse Party: Book of Shadows 1/15/13
    Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection 2/19/13
    Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi 2/19/13
    Carnage Heart EXA TBA 2013
    Black Rock Shooter TBA

Released in the last six months, fully translated, and ready for purchase off PSN for all happy PSP users in the good ol' US of A.
    Final Fantasy III's remake finally came out for PSP in English? How did I miss this news? Finally, now I don't have to play on two screens and can actually play this on my TV once I buy a 3000 or Go!
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Well, it's nice that Kickstarter backers get an option (although they'd have that option no matter what since anybody can buy the normal version), but it still seems screwy to me that the cover that won the poll is the one that is available to everybody. The whole point is to reward the people who backed the Kickstarter, so they should be the only ones getting the cover that is most well-liked among fans. What kind of reward is getting exclusive access to a runner-up?
    Kickstarter backers are getting access to an art variant that nobody else does and those copies will be numerically more limited in theory. That seems like a pretty good reward considering that those of us who supported the Kickstarter didn't end up spending a dime to do so. I suspect most Kickstarter backers will be ordering at least one of the regular and one KS exclusive version, so they'll still get the art they want regardless.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I get all that. I just think it would be more logical to have the poll winner be the limited one and the runner-up the one that everyone has access to.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Well I want that alternate lesser cover there Aussie 2B. I forgot to put in for the KS before it shuttered so a loss for me.

For those that are KS special cover eligible, how many copies are you able to order?
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The sale for this game is ending tomorrow, and there's already scalpers on ebay trying to sell them for twice the price. Those that are interested better order soon.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo View Post
    The sale for this game is ending tomorrow, and there's already scalpers on ebay trying to sell them for twice the price. Those that are interested better order soon.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'd been dragging my feet on this.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo View Post
    They extended to the weekend because they are still several hundred copies short. Hopefully people step up and actually buy what they promised to during the preorder campaign.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, that sucks, although Gaijinworks kind of shot themselves in the foot by dragging out the cover voting so long and then things going on longer yet due to the song problems. I'm sure a lot of people got frustrated or forgot about it. Even with the licensing issue, there was no reason why they couldn't have done the pre-purchases immediately after the interest gauge. I mean, it's not like the game is ready to ship now either. At it is, it'll probably be a couple months before it's actually in anybody's hands, and I don't think anybody would be shocked if it gets delayed beyond that.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ordered. I put it off till the near literal 11th hour (EST anyway ) but I got my order in before the posted deadline on the website. For those that have put off, there's still just a few minutes over 3 hours left before the deadline ends (now that I've ordered, watch them extend it another week ).
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ordered. I put it off till the near literal 11th hour (EST anyway ) but I got my order in before the posted deadline on the website. For those that have put off, there's still just a few minutes over 3 hours left before the deadline ends (now that I've ordered, watch them extend it another week ).
    A little over two hours left now. I doubt they will extend again as at last count they almost had 2700 orders. I believe roughly 700 of those will be the Kickstarter variant, so both versions are going to be extremely numerically rare.