Thread: SAG Turbo Everdrive

Insert Coin (Level 0) CatTehBus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SAG Turbo Everdrive

Just wanted to share this here i've seen the boards of this Everdrive on other sites but I really think Stone Age Gamer has done an amazing job putting this thing together. I've been thinking about picking one up and these boards but this seals the deal for me. What do you think?
    Last edited by CatTehBus; 02-08-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I originally ordered my Mega Everdrive from Stoneage and was very pleased.

They did an amazing job on the packaging for the Turbo Everdrive. I was debating on picking one up but with that slick look how can I resist. The only thing I wish is that the card could somehow double as an arcade card duo or a system 3.0 card for a regular turbo grafx+CD setup.

I would think that would be a simple feature to implement, its just extra memory after all, but if it were i'm sure Krikzz would have done so.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny thing I just walked in the door from going to buy a Turbo Grafx and this was the first thread I saw. I haven't even had a chance to pull it out of the box. There is no way im getting anything done tonight because this one came with a few games as well. Might put some thought into picking up and ever drive. I have always like them from afar but haven't had a chance to buy one.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...=1#post1946722

As I said a few weeks ago, I think it's a great product.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words.

The Turbo EverDrive Deluxe was the most expensive Deluxe Edition we ever had to R&D by a lot. We gave to the first two batches of Board Only pre-order/back orders the option to wait for a possible Deluxe solution. Most of them did decide to wait and not one drop out of waiting. There were a few times we were going the throw in the towel on the project, but every time we got close to doing that we figured our way out of a problem. It took us almost 5 months to develop a practical solution. Honestly I still wish would could have came up with a more elegant solution, but we really had very little to work with. The TurboED PCB wasn't originally designed for a shell. KRIKzz did add holes at the last minute, which helped a bit. However the TurboED PCB still requires modification for use to attach anything to it.

The case did turn out really well though. It actually looks like we got custom case done. We did not. We actually found these cases that almost exactly matches the width and height of the TurboED. Depth was the only issue, thus why you see in those pictures we add that padding. We also added plastic to cover padding which not only looks better, but is also functional. It pulls the plastic clips at the top in just slightly so the cart actually clips in quite well. The cases are very high quality though, much higher quality than he Universal cases we normally use.

For those interested here is us making the case grips: http://youtu.be/TpkGFHo0bHU (warning pretty boring video)
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com