Thread: Wii Sensor Bar that uses an A/C Adapter, or an A/C Adapter for the standard Bar?

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Wii Sensor Bar that uses an A/C Adapter, or an A/C Adapter for the standard Bar?

I know I've seen a solution like this, but I don't know the brand or model name. I'm looking for a Wii Sensor Bar that is wired but does not connect to the Wii for its power source. The reason is that I want to use the Wii with a rear video projector and the screen would be on the far side of the room from the equipment as the Wii itself would need to be near the projector for A/V reasons. The wire for the Sensor Bar is not long enough to reach across the room and there is always the worry of damaging the cord anyway.

Now I know there are wireless IR emitters but they use batteries and I don't want the looping rigmarole which is using and then recharging batteries, or creating unneeded waste with disposable batteries; then there are the extension cables for the Wii Sensor Bar's cable but that would still ultimately connect to the Wii's Sensor Bar port; and there are even USB power cables for the Sensor Bar (so you can plug it into any available USB port) but these would still require something with USB outputs such as what the Wii has. What I'm looking for is either a Wii Sensor Bar which uses an A/C wall adapter (either built-in or as separate components), or an A/C adapter designed for the standard Wii Sensor Bar. Heck, even a solar-powered option like what calculators use would be fine, just as long as it doesn't need a wire running to the Wii. Of course, any affordable IR solution ($10 or less) which would work well with the Wii would be wonderful as well. I just don't want to have to have someone build a custom solution.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i think i saw one on deal extreme a little while back while i was looking for a wireless one for my dolphin box.

also you could probably find an old walkthrough to bulid one and replace the batteries with an ac adapter of the same voltage that the batteries would have supplied

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If there are USB powered options, just buy something cheap designed to plug into a outlet that powers USB devices.