Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rayman Legends Postponed

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rayman Legends Postponed

I'm not sure about you guys but I was really looking forward to this game on the Wii U. they delayed it to release the game multiplatform, even though, the Wii u version is finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1XdPXWnOVQ

There's a link in the description for a petition to try to get the original Wii U release date back. If this affects you, please give it a look

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Wii U should have more exclusives, and this was going to be a good one to have. I love Rayman, still havent beaten the games though, but I get a new one thinking finally this will be the one. I guess I should just invest that time to the first game and beat it then move on.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LordsOfSkulls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Quote Originally Posted by Jack7 View Post
    I'm not sure about you guys but I was really looking forward to this game on the Wii U. they delayed it to release the game multiplatform, even though, the Wii u version is finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1XdPXWnOVQ

There's a link in the description for a petition to try to get the original Wii U release date back. If this affects you, please give it a look
    See i find that being a problem..........

WHY ARE YOU WITHHOLDING THE GAME?

It going to boost sales of Wii U, Get better partnership terms with Nintendo.... and down the road you can still release it for other consoles and people will buy it.

Or is it that the Wii U version is superior over the others ones, and you dont want for consumers to know the other versions of the game will be worse, and just want extra money?

I am going for number 2....

cause their some things in this game only Wii U will be able to do...

+ Many companies brought out exclusive game to one system, to later in 6 months up to 2 years time move it to another consoles.... (which many people are okay with)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Id say a big problem with consoles nowadays is that there arent enough exclusives to the systems. 90% of the games Iwant this generation are on both the PS3 and 360. The only exclusives to the 360 I want and will eventually get one to have are the bullet hell shooters. Rayman is more inline with a Nintendo system to me since its a mascot platformer, so I dont see the point to release it for the other consoles especially since the Wii U is a next gen console.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Words iManifest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

See, this went from a day one purchase to screw it, I'm not interested anymore and will not be buying it. Come September there will likely be a rush of awesome pre-holiday games and also very likely, new consoles and Rayman just doesn't fit into that new schedule. Why pull a game that will obviously move very well due to the lack of new WiiU software not to mention being a fairly anticipated game by many ? Yes, I may be butthurt but I believe this is well within reason. I do want everyone to be able to enjoy this game and am not knocking it going multi-platform, just punishing us and pushing the WiiU version back is what's getting my goat.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most likely explanation I've seen is that Microsoft pushed them to delay the Wii U release.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/micr...form-releases/

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomwaits View Post
    Most likely explanation I've seen is that Microsoft pushed them to delay the Wii U release.

Highly unlikely. The reality is that releasing a title on one platform where it's no longer exclusive months before a multi-platform release is a waste of marketing dollars and can lower sales because retailers will see how the lead version does and then lower subsequent preorders for the other platforms. Consumers also may avoid titles like this assuming that the later releases will somehow be improved. I personally am very disappointed that the game was delayed simply because it's one of the reasons I bought the WiiU at launch, but from the business perspective, it makes a ton of sense to delay all three, especially in light of estimates placing WiiU sales for January in the US at between just 110K and 125K units. There just isn't a sufficient install base for the WiiU yet in the United States to justify any third party doing exclusives sadly.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if that logic applies in this situation though. They've already invested in marketing for the Wii U version, including a demo. With the drought of Wii U titles it would probably generate more sales now than it will in September... showing retailers optimal numbers for multi-platform ordering in September. I think the Wii U audience is eager enough that the possibility of buying an 'improved' version on PS3/360 in September won't impact Wii U sales and PS3. And, PS3/360 owners who weren't planning to buy the Wii U version will wait. Delaying the Wii U release is also generating a LOT of bad PR. Thousands of complaints between their facebook page, ubisoft forums, and the Uplay channel of miiverse which is now on the front of everyone's Wii U loaded with negative posts.

I don't see the logic in delaying a completed game until the multi-platform ports are ready. They should just release the Wii U version now, then add a couple levels to the other platforms and call it 'Special Edition' or 'Directors Cut'. Unless there's other politics involved...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty happy this is coming out on 360/PS3. I loved Origins and had yet to see a need to buy a Wii U -- now I won't be buying one for the foreseeable future. Yeah, it sucks if you bought a Wii U to play Rayman, but that's how marketing works.

Not a good sign for Nintendo, though.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am curious to see how they will handle the touch screen moments and all the wii u bells and whistles without the wii u

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not sure if that logic applies in this situation though. They've already invested in marketing for the Wii U version, including a demo. With the drought of Wii U titles it would probably generate more sales now than it will in September... showing retailers optimal numbers for multi-platform ordering in September. I think the Wii U audience is eager enough that the possibility of buying an 'improved' version on PS3/360 in September won't impact Wii U sales and PS3. And, PS3/360 owners who weren't planning to buy the Wii U version will wait. Delaying the Wii U release is also generating a LOT of bad PR. Thousands of complaints between their facebook page, ubisoft forums, and the Uplay channel of miiverse which is now on the front of everyone's Wii U loaded with negative posts.

I don't see the logic in delaying a completed game until the multi-platform ports are ready. They should just release the Wii U version now, then add a couple levels to the other platforms and call it 'Special Edition' or 'Directors Cut'. Unless there's other politics involved...
    Actually, it applies quite well. They haven't done much to market the WiiU version other than to release the demo and to do general PR. Ubisoft has been doing a lot of magazine and in some cases TV buys for games lately and being able to advertise all three versions at once makes that financially viable. If the WiiU had sold like the Wii, I'm sure it would have made more sense to release the game during a release drought. Unfortunately, WiiUs are not flying off the shelves and the install base will likely get larger between now and September, especially if Nintendo actually institutes a price drop or takes some other significant action. You can slap whatever extra content you want on it, but to many consumers, getting a port of a game released six months earlier on another platform takes away a lot of the appeal as it's considered old at that point. There is some negative publicity now, but a few thousand complaints is nothing compared to the potential sales if the title can be properly marketed and released multi-platform. As a WiiU owner I'm bummed, but I fully understand the business logic of the move.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 02-11-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The demo of this has been running on 80% of Wii U demo units I've seen, though.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

i read that article didnt even know it came out, and that just made me hate Microsoft..... I hate GREEDY PEOPLE.... -.- especially Companies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordsOfSkulls View Post
    i read that article didnt even know it came out, and that just made me hate Microsoft..... I hate GREEDY PEOPLE.... -.- especially Companies.
    Well, most companies interested in earning money would do stuff like this - so, that's basically almost all of them. :P Nintendo and Sony has probably got similar terms.

In any case, this is the most likely explanation for the delay. And it's still a really stupid move by Ubisoft, because people was so hyped up about it now, and the current Wii U owners are so games starved, that it would sell like hotcakes - and at release price, at that.

When it finally comes out in November, though, I bet a lot of people will get it - but the total who'll buy it for all three systems at release price will probably be about the same amount of people who would buy it at release price for the Wii U now, because of the hype and games starved console. Come November, there will be a lot more games for the Wii U, and the hype will be gone. If they had released the game for the Wii U now, and then later for the other two consoles, they'd get the great amount of sales on the Wii U, and the amount of sales they'll get for the other two consoles, they'd get for those consoles anyway.

But the amount of money they'd earn on selling this on the Xbox 360 might actually make up not selling as well as possible on the Wii U, though. In which case it would economically make sense for them to agree to a delay of the Wii U release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rayman-legends

Michel Ancel is not happy about this. At all.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They're lucky that Ubisoft is willing to market this game at all considering the mediocre sales of the last game.
    Expecting them to do it twice for a split release is just naive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Quote Originally Posted by Guyra View Post
    Well, most companies interested in earning money would do stuff like this - so, that's basically almost all of them. :P Nintendo and Sony has probably got similar terms.

In any case, this is the most likely explanation for the delay. And it's still a really stupid move by Ubisoft, because people was so hyped up about it now, and the current Wii U owners are so games starved, that it would sell like hotcakes - and at release price, at that.

When it finally comes out in November, though, I bet a lot of people will get it - but the total who'll buy it for all three systems at release price will probably be about the same amount of people who would buy it at release price for the Wii U now, because of the hype and games starved console. Come November, there will be a lot more games for the Wii U, and the hype will be gone. If they had released the game for the Wii U now, and then later for the other two consoles, they'd get the great amount of sales on the Wii U, and the amount of sales they'll get for the other two consoles, they'd get for those consoles anyway.

But the amount of money they'd earn on selling this on the Xbox 360 might actually make up not selling as well as possible on the Wii U, though. In which case it would economically make sense for them to agree to a delay of the Wii U release.
    what funny thing is... E3 this year going to destroy Rayman's Sales.... because most games will be announced by Nintendo will be Zeldas/MArios and so on and all be coming out for Holidays =).... meaning no one will even spit in direction of Rayman =p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dear Ubisoft,

Now is the time to release Rayman Legends on the Wii U, during a drought. 3.3 million Wii U owners are desperate for anything halfway decent right now.

If you wait until the fall, your game will face a lot more competition and will most likely get lost in the shuffle.

Sincerely,

Common Sense

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, is Rayman really coming back? I remember playing that on the ps1. Such a fun little game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rayman never really went away, Michel Ancel just took a break to do other things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayman
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!