Thread: Japanese Video Game Companies Should Go To US Anime Conventions

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Japanese Video Game Companies Should Go To US Anime Conventions

Tell me if this does happen, but I think if they went to major anime conventions they would see how Americans want several games which are Japanese exclusive. The type of people who go to these cons eat up all kinds of Japanese stuff. If they did then theyd see their games do have a major audience which they dont tap into, and the audience has to resort to other methods of getting Bullet Hell shooters, JRPG's and such. They could have panels and demo booth in the gamin rooms, theyd be huge hits at the cons.

What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a fan of anime and video games I wouldn't even want to go to one of these conventions and I don't expect companies to go to them either.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why? Theyre insanely fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, there's something lame for me about getting together all in one place with people that are supposedly fans of the same things you are in person. Online and on forums I think it's nice but actually seeing everyone, well...I think I'd get annoyed or pissed off a little by some of what I'd see or hear there. Just stepping foot briefly into places that sell games pisses me off from what I sometimes heard. I even think going to stores that are specifically dedicated to games is pretty lame too except Funcoland back in the day. I loved that place but probably because I was young at the time.
    Last edited by GhostDog; 02-12-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
    Tell me if this does happen, but I think if they went to major anime conventions they would see how Americans want several games which are Japanese exclusive. The type of people who go to these cons eat up all kinds of Japanese stuff. If they did then theyd see their games do have a major audience which they dont tap into, and the audience has to resort to other methods of getting Bullet Hell shooters, JRPG's and such. They could have panels and demo booth in the gamin rooms, theyd be huge hits at the cons.

What do you think?
    The niche publishers like Aksys, Xseed and NIS already do this.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, theres a lot of people with certain personalities that go to places that people like us have interests in. Were not the popular types of people, but Im not ashamed of that. Theyre from Japan, theyre used to the types that show up at things. You can meet a ton of cool people though at these things, and some people you wouldnt think would be into this. Theres 18+ cons that you can go to if you dont want to be around kids and teenagers.

What would they say that would piss you off? From posting in this area of the board, Id say meeting people in person makes them behave better than online.

Thats great to hear bojay, Im glad they do that. I just wish larger or medium sized companies would do the same. Itd spike demand and sales here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be kind of like having someone record me when I was drunk or on drugs. It takes seeing you in that kind of situation for it to hit home and make you quit.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    That would be kind of like having someone record me when I was drunk or on drugs. It takes seeing you in that kind of situation for it to hit home and make you quit.
    Dont be holier than thou.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also would find it annoying at all the people that want to show off just how big of an anime or video game fan they are, as if just because it's a convention people will accept them and think like them. Their methods of doing so would most likely annoy me.
    Last edited by GhostDog; 02-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
    I also would find it annoying at all the people that want to show off just how big of an anime or video game fan they are as if just because it's a convention people will accept them and think like them. Their methods of doing so would most likely annoy me.
    That happens more on here than there. People cosplay, thats all they do to show off, and a lot do great stuff. A guy I talk to in Round Rock thought that the past con I went to up there would have rooms full of Sheldon Coopers for some strange reason because he doesnt know what anime is like. I told him to stop watching south park who actively uses those to make fun of people, or big bang theory to think anime cons are like comic cons, because the type of stuff there has a way different cultural origin. How many raves happen at comic cons? Hentai is even shown at a lot of them.
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 02-12-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

You couldn't have used your preexisting anime conventions topic for this?

And, man, use some freakin' punctuation mid-sentence, for crying out loud.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, posts like that make me wish I could block this whole subforum. Why is there so much trolling in this one? This is what i hate most about modern gaming. bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    You couldn't have used your preexisting anime conventions topic for this?

And, man, use some freakin' punctuation mid-sentence, for crying out loud.
    Added a comma for you.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
    I also would find it annoying at all the people that want to show off just how big of an anime or video game fan they are, as if just because it's a convention people will accept them and think like them. Their methods of doing so would most likely annoy me.
    Thats not at all true.. I have friends who use to goto the anime boston event every year and kill it with their high quality cos play but they never ever think of themselves better then the next in their cosplay or their knowledge in gaming or anime. They treated everyone with respect and always had a good time! and really thats what its about (or atleast should be about imo)