Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Awesome Find for Video Games?

Insert Coin (Level 0) LordsOfSkulls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Default Most Awesome Find for Video Games?

While i had many great deals, or finding rare games for very good deal or people that dont know what to sell it for.... today i say i had best ebay one of the best buys to this date....

I mange to win a auction for....

PS2 + 3 guitars + Guitar Hero 1-4 + 2 Memory Cards + Controller all for $43 + Shipping.

Which in my mind i think it was really good Bargain Bundle O.o, got everything from backup PS2 System, + Guitars/Games that i always found them to be too expansive and extra memory cards i needed and backup controller all in one bundle.

Another Good Deal i gotten was for collection of 50 Gamecube Games.

It had everything from Zelda games, to all RPGs that came out and really expansive couple titles for $200 that i would had paid otherwise $500+.

Third one that comes to mind.... Steam Online Sales = Saved my Bunch of Money ;p

I forgotten other awesome deals i gotten ;p maybe i edit the post and add more later....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Usually it comes down to right place at the right time. I once picked up an Arc the Lad Collection, Lunar 1 and 2 complete, Tron Bonne, and Growlanser Generations all for about 50 dollars at a store as they were being traded in. Not only were these the nicest looking copies I'd ever seen, but the store had yet to throw annoying stickers on them.

Sadly, I found out a few weeks later the girl who sold them to me at that price had been fired for such gross miss pricing.

Insert Coin (Level 0) HyruleHero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hard to find a diamond in the rough these days, especially with the Internet and most people knowing what stuff is worth. I to lucky two weeks ago, went to a thrift shop that I pass by all the time . They had a little shelve display of a stack of Snes games, all $3 a piece. Copped SMB RPG! All Stars, SMB World 2 Yoshis island, all for $9!

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My "most awesome" video game finds were:

CIB NES Top loader for $.99 + tax
    Minty Turbo Express for $5.99 at Goodwill (it was sitting there on a shelf next to toasters and answering machines, when I saw it my reaction was )
    Minty Suikoden II for $20 at Gamestop (back when they still sold PSone games)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Quote Originally Posted by FayeC86 View Post
    Usually it comes down to right place at the right time. I once picked up an Arc the Lad Collection, Lunar 1 and 2 complete, Tron Bonne, and Growlanser Generations all for about 50 dollars at a store as they were being traded in. Not only were these the nicest looking copies I'd ever seen, but the store had yet to throw annoying stickers on them.

Sadly, I found out a few weeks later the girl who sold them to me at that price had been fired for such gross miss pricing.
    That kinda sad to hear that she got fired....

I am looking myself for Tron Bonne o.o i should had gotten it with Mega Man 2 when i saw it but i passed it and now it one of my regrets but i was young back than and didnt start collecting games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    My "most awesome" video game finds were:

CIB NES Top loader for $.99 + tax
    Minty Turbo Express for $5.99 at Goodwill (it was sitting there on a shelf next to toasters and answering machines, when I saw it my reaction was )
    Minty Suikoden II for $20 at Gamestop (back when they still sold PSone games)
    I am jelly of that... i still hunting down for Suikoden I and II i got all other ones.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a loose copy of Diner for the Intellivision for $1 at Flea World last year. That's about as good a find as I've had.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine would be:

3DO FZ-1 system for $1 at a flea market
    5 factory sealed copies of Castlevania: SOTN(PS1) for 99 cents each at Sears
    Metroid Prime Gamecube bundle(system and game) for $25 at Sears
    factory sealed copy of Ninja Gaiden 3(NES) for $50 from ebay

Theres more but those are probably the best off the top of my head.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had two really good deals during my short time collecting..

Model 1 Sega Genesis + Sega CD for $15

Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii for $3 (Later sold for $60)
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Mint, complete (box, guide, inserts) Earthbound for $25. Considering where I found it, it most likely was stolen or dumped off by some poor collector who fell on hard times (we'll never know).

Still...$25!
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Mint, complete (box, guide, inserts) Earthbound for $25. Considering where I found it, it most likely was stolen or dumped off by some poor collector who fell on hard times (we'll never know).

Still...$25!
    ya i dont think i will ever own personally own Earthbound or Suikoden 2 ;( it just one of those games that price is too much to pay... Bills+ Living Expanses come first. Unless i am planning on eating ramen for 1 month to get it =p

i gotten Klonoa 2 in mail. finally today =3 it awesome condition that game was long time on my list for PS2 and was always little bit expansive or very few copies around =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Quote Originally Posted by HyruleHero View Post
    Hard to find a diamond in the rough these days, especially with the Internet and most people knowing what stuff is worth. I to lucky two weeks ago, went to a thrift shop that I pass by all the time . They had a little shelve display of a stack of Snes games, all $3 a piece. Copped SMB RPG! All Stars, SMB World 2 Yoshis island, all for $9!
    Actually you be suprised....

Most People go all the time to places like Amazon/Ebay... but their actually alot of websites out their that not many people know and you be suprised what awesome finds you can find =) Internet is like it own lil Thrift Store just got ot know were to look and be patient.

Example i gottne Klonoa 2 in Mint Condition for $11 =) were i see it go most of the time $20-45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordsOfSkulls View Post
    Actually you be suprised....

Most People go all the time to places like Amazon/Ebay... but their actually alot of websites out their that not many people know and you be suprised what awesome finds you can find =) Internet is like it own lil Thrift Store just got ot know were to look and be patient.

Example i gottne Klonoa 2 in Mint Condition for $11 =) were i see it go most of the time $20-45
    Wow, didn't realize Klonoa 2 was so pricy. I found a copy for a couple bucks in a thrift but gave it to my friend cause he likes the games

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i dont know i think my Vectrex with 2 carts for $5 at a good will as-is store was pretty good

or the rental unit virtual boay with a large hard sided custom foam inserted case for $1 was pretty good aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Wow, didn't realize Klonoa 2 was so pricy. I found a copy for a couple bucks in a thrift but gave it to my friend cause he likes the games
    If the game is in great shape, and has like manual, cover artwork and disk all in great shape, for PS2 games the price shoots up by alot.

Most buyers will ignore on ebay if it doest have a manual or cover artwork like myself.... if it Brand NEW and a RPG seal wrapped... all hell breaks lose... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

My two favorite finds ever? Stopping at a pawn shop and looking through a box of SNES games, mostly sports titles. There in the back, glistening in it's only holy light, was Chrono Trigger. I asked the lady, "How much for these SNES games?" her reply, "$2 a piece". I almost lost it there. I gladly paid the two dollars and whatever tax was involved and had to drive to my sisters dorm at the time to show her the find.

The second best find was at a strip mall near my hometown. There was a guy there with his little storefront specializing in video games. Anything popular was way overpriced. $25 for any SMB cart, $20 for Sonic the Hedgehog, etc. I did happen to find Earthbound in his case and he had it marked for $13. I could not get home quickly enough that day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Quote Originally Posted by M.Buster2184 View Post
    My two favorite finds ever? Stopping at a pawn shop and looking through a box of SNES games, mostly sports titles. There in the back, glistening in it's only holy light, was Chrono Trigger. I asked the lady, "How much for these SNES games?" her reply, "$2 a piece". I almost lost it there. I gladly paid the two dollars and whatever tax was involved and had to drive to my sisters dorm at the time to show her the find.

The second best find was at a strip mall near my hometown. There was a guy there with his little storefront specializing in video games. Anything popular was way overpriced. $25 for any SMB cart, $20 for Sonic the Hedgehog, etc. I did happen to find Earthbound in his case and he had it marked for $13. I could not get home quickly enough that day.
    ;p that awesome finds....

One thing that comes to my mind recently that i found.... for PS2 is

Rule of Rose in a Mint condition for $20

Haunting Grounds also in Mint condition for $20

and Super Robot Teisen OG Saga in Mint condition for $20 (For DS)

=p i think those 3 games are my recent finds that i was exteremly happy about =p

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine is probably going to be one of the best finds of 2013, bought a Playstation 2 Tool with a network adapter, stand, and DVD Emulator card for $1000. It had protos on it, Twisted Metal Harbor City and Warhawk, both games were canceled and had no known protos prior to this.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    Mine is probably going to be one of the best finds of 2013, bought a Playstation 2 Tool with a network adapter, stand, and DVD Emulator card for $1000. It had protos on it, Twisted Metal Harbor City and Warhawk, both games were canceled and had no known protos prior to this.
    Niiiice!
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

My most recent find was a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 flight stick. I got it from a Goodwill for $3. It still sells for about $65 online.

http://gamestoysonline.com/product/6...-Joystick.html
    Last edited by Gamevet; 02-19-2013 at 08:19 PM.