Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kool-Aid Sweepstakes Exclusive Super NES Game?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
    I agree that it was probably never made, but not because they gave the winner an alternate prize (I think this is the second most likely scenario). I doubt there was even a winner to begin with. No one is guaranteed to win a contest like this. Whoever had the winning number would have had to actually care enough to check if they had the winning number. I think there's a good chance that the majority of the Kool Aid Bursts' packaging was just thrown out, including the one with the winning number. It's not like they were choosing a random entry from a pool of participants.
    That is another possibility

Those of you who live in New England will know what I am talking about a local supermarket chain named Shaws did a promotion where they were giving away all kinds of prizes but you had to collect these game pieces that you would get at random with your receipt. They had million dollar prizes which I think never had anyone claim them out of the 2 different times it was ran. Similar problems I would imagine happen with stuff like the Mcdonalds monopoly game promotion.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Heck, I just looked it up and found a post on the Lost Levels.

http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtop...7b7563e1e1ab1c

Kool-Aid had a contest back during the early/mid-90's with Nintendo, similar to the Handi-Snax contest (both products were manufactored by Kraft/General Foods at that time IIRC), where the winner would be in his/her own SNES game. According to Nintendo's customer service phoneline, that prize was never awarded.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im going to contact Kool Aid's parent company, Kraft Foods tomorrow and see if they have any more information or if a game was even actually in the works.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I found another mention of the game not being made: http://english.turkcebilgi.com/Kool-Aid

"Kool-Aid partnered with Nintendo in the early 1990s, for a promotion involving their newest product, “Kool-Aid Bursts”. Game codes were printed inside the packaging during the promotion, and the winning code would eventually be announced on the Nickelodeon network, during a broadcast of Wild & Crazy Kids. The winner was promised “every game Nintendo makes”, their own likeness being programmed into a new Nintendo game, among other prizes. The winning code was never produced, thus, the grand prize would not be awarded."

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The laws that govern sweepstakes' are complicated, and vary from state to state, but I believe by law, SOMEONE has to win, so if no one wins by virtue of having the winning entry, a winner is picked from a random sample of all entries. My guess is someone won by having their name picked out of a hat, and took a $5000 or so buyout instead of the prize.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by spman View Post
    The laws that govern sweepstakes' are complicated, and vary from state to state, but I believe by law, SOMEONE has to win, so if no one wins by virtue of having the winning entry, a winner is picked from a random sample of all entries. My guess is someone won by having their name picked out of a hat, and took a $5000 or so buyout instead of the prize.
    Not exactly. Remember that supermarket sweepstakes i talked about? They ran it twice with million dollar grand prize which no one collected

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spman View Post
    Is that how state lotteries work too? If nobody has a winning ticket with all the numbers matching they just give the jackpot to some random person? Cause that's pretty much how the Kool-Aid contest was set up, there were no actual entries just a winning number you were supposed to match to a pre-printed piece of packaging. You'd only reply to them to claim the prize if you had the winning number, if not you wouldn't bother contacting them. As already stated the grand prize for this contest wasn't awarded to anyone, other people already looked into this by contacting the companies who ran the contest.

A part of me wants to believe the game Lester the Unlikely was created as part of a contest prize, someone won the chance to be the main character in a game and that was the end result. Sort of a screw you for winning the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qssl3qKwvQ

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    Similar problems I would imagine happen with stuff like the Mcdonalds monopoly game promotion.
    It's said that some guy working for McDonalds or a sponser swiped the million dollar pieces and gave them to a hospital. And then when McDonalds found out, they canceled the contest but still gave the hospital the money.

Cherry (Level 1) CastlevaniaDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    There can only be 3 scenarios here:

Its like that He Man create your own figure contest back in the 80s....Whomever won got a figure made of their creation, well that never happened, all the kid got was a scholarship fund... its an interesting read: http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=942
    Except that it was created... Two decades later.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2512178...Types&var=sbar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Nope.
    Glad to meet you, most everyone!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    It's said that some guy working for McDonalds or a sponser swiped the million dollar pieces and gave them to a hospital. And then when McDonalds found out, they canceled the contest but still gave the hospital the money.
    nice of the man to do and smart on mc donalds to do.

Nice of the man for doing that for the hospital

Smart for mc donalds to still shell it out... Can't imagine the bad press back lash of turning down a hospital money like that o.O

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Most contests are fake/misleading anyways. Remember the "Who shot Mr. Burns" contest where they made it seem like you would get to guest star ("you could win a chance to be animated with the Simpsons!") on the Simpsons? All you got was a drawing of yourself with the Simpsons not an actual appearance on the show. No wonder the lady who won just took the cash.