Quote Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
I agree that it was probably never made, but not because they gave the winner an alternate prize (I think this is the second most likely scenario). I doubt there was even a winner to begin with. No one is guaranteed to win a contest like this. Whoever had the winning number would have had to actually care enough to check if they had the winning number. I think there's a good chance that the majority of the Kool Aid Bursts' packaging was just thrown out, including the one with the winning number. It's not like they were choosing a random entry from a pool of participants.
That is another possibility

Those of you who live in New England will know what I am talking about a local supermarket chain named Shaws did a promotion where they were giving away all kinds of prizes but you had to collect these game pieces that you would get at random with your receipt. They had million dollar prizes which I think never had anyone claim them out of the 2 different times it was ran. Similar problems I would imagine happen with stuff like the Mcdonalds monopoly game promotion.