Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Rebellion - 2014!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Red Dead Rebellion - 2014!

So, I just wanted to talk a little bit about how much I enjoy playing Red Dead Redemption. It's such a great game I think it's in my top favorite games of all time. The story is great, the graphics are out of this world amazing, the controls are perfect, and I couldn't ask for a better western game to play. There's not many modern western games, which makes this one so unique next to Red Dead Revolver. Both in their own way were such great games. When you play the RDR game on single player mode, you don't get to choose your character, yet the story is so good, you don't want to choose your own character. That's the great thing about it. Usually I like to make my own character, but this one I really liked and fit the story well.

The online game play is pretty good, though, you get to choose from preset multiple characters from Red Dead Redemption.
    Now, if you have the Undead Nightmare expansion pack then you get a whole new game plus for the online play you get all new characters to unlock, through ranking. Also, I've noticed that when you have the Undead Nightmare, there is a bit more blood, perhaps it's because of the new weapons you get as well. For the Undead Nightmare you get exclusive items that includes the Tomahawk. It comes in handy for the online play since there is so many trolls everywhere. With the Tomahawk you can easily kill someone with one hit. The Explosive Rifle, you get by downloading the Liars and Cheats pack only through the PSN.

Unless you get the complete Game of the Year Edition that includes: Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare, Liars and Cheets pack, Legends and Killers pack, Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission pack, Myths and Mavericks Bonus pack, and with all original pre-order content. It's actually cheaper to get the Game of the Year Edition then buying them individuality and saves you the trouble of downloading all the content for the multi-player online play. The Explosive Rifle is the best rifle you can get, you only get this after completing a gang hideout, if anyone has any kind of glitch or hack (on the online multi-player), the Explosive Rifle can fix that. Although, you only get 5 bullets so use them wisely. You can always get it again by completing the gang hideouts. If I had to rate this game, it'd definitely be 10/10.

Red Dead Rebellion -
    There has been lots of talk about a next Red Dead game, thus Red Dead Rebellion was finally announced although the official name hasn't been released. I did some research and even found a youtube video demo of Red Dead Rebellion, although this is not confirmed, it may be a fake. The title at the end doesn't seem to fit right. I'll post the link and let you guys decide. In RockStar Newswire in the 'Asked and Answered' blog, RockStar confirmed that there will be a new Red Dead. Perhaps sometime in summer of 2014 (rumored). The comment shown was this:

“All I wanna know is is there goin to be a new Red Dead game any time soon?” – via Facebook
    “Will there ever be a sequel or prequel to #RDR I am Red Dead mad!!” – @liquidh20stevew (via Twitter)

Awesome, we love Red Dead too – and are thrilled that so many of you loved John Marston’s tale and are excited for more epic Western action. As we mentioned in our last set of Asked & Answereds to similar questions about the future of other game franchises like Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels but that does not mean that we won’t get to them eventually. Stay tuned for further announcements about the future of the Red Dead series.
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ft-auto-v.html

Official Red Dead Redemption Launch Trailer:

Here's a video, Everything that this guy has said, seems legit since i've talked with someone from Red Dead about this before, they say pretty much the same thing, but possibly using arrows as well. Since it will be before RDR.

Here's the "trailer" for Red Dead Rebellion, I'll let you decide if it's real or not. I personally don't believe this is real or it would be on RockStar's news feed.

There has also been a lot of game play description (although this is only speculation).

Red Dead Rebellion's story will follow the life of a new protagonist named Charlie Devan, the newest member of Thorton's Gang. Charlie was recruited by the gang because he was able to hold his own in a bar fight and easily defeated the criminal in a duel. Charlie finds himself in a world much more dangerous than it seemed, as he must avoid rival gangs and the Law. Also, Walton Lowe, leader of the Walton's Gang in Red Dead Redemption is a member of your gang. The game will feature totally new weapons, some of them making a return from Red Dead Revolver and a couple from Red Dead Redemption. The game will have a larger map, many more settlements, including Tumbleweed before it was turned into a haunted ghost town.

As you are a member of a notorious gang, you will be able to ride with your gang on missions, side-quests, hunting trips, bounty hunting, etc. Visit your gang hideout often because it can be attacked by rival posses. A new feature notable feature in RD: Rebellion would be the Single Player Gang Shootouts. Your gang will meet up with the enemy and everyone in your gang must shoot their way to victory. Like Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost And Damned non-major members of your crew can die, but they will be replaced with a new person.

INTERACTIVE WORLD

The more your fame increases, the more dangerous the world around will be. You will be hunted down by skilled Bounty Hunters or posses of outlaws. You will also be challenged to more duels. The more crimes you are caught committing, the higher your bounty will increase and the law will persue you until you pay your dept to society. New crimes can also be committed.
    - Bank Roberry
    - Store Roberry
    - Cattle Rustiling
    - Assassination (different from Bounty Hunting)
    and more!

JOHN MARSTON MAKES CAMEO APPEARANCE?

John will make an appearance in the game. He will be seen riding with Dutch and the rest of their gang in the early poarts of the game. Charlie and John exchange glares but I do not have any information regaurding a conversation between the two. In the story, John is seen with Bill trying to rob your gang and all hell breaks loose once the Marshals interrupt. After a massive shootout between your gang and the Marshals, John gets shot by a member of your gang.

- This will be the last game of the Red Dead series
    - More missions and side-quests involving duels
    - You can purchase loading screens of characters from Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Rebellion.
    - More minigames
    - More jobs available. You can be hired to kill or hired to protect someone. You can slo do good deed for money such as cattle herding.
    - Bring special items to the gunsmith and they will make you new weapons or special items.
    - No more Mexico and Tumbleweed can only be travled to during a mission.
    - No multiplayer lasso. No multiplayer trains.
    - Brimstone QuickDraw Tournament is available in the game
    - More Co-op missions, and they will be harder.
    - You can race for money

- Villans & Heroes Pack DLC: This will give you all characters from Red Dead Revolver in multiplayer, play as Red Harlow in 3 all new action packed missions in the single player mode, and the Scorpion Revolver in multiplayer and single player.
    - Rebellious Outlaws Pack DLC: This will give you the young members of Dutch van der Linde's gang [John Marston, Bill Williamson, Javier Escuela and Dutch van der Linde] as well as every map from Red Dead Redemption multiplayer game modes.
    - Savagery & Civilization Pack DLC: This will give you all of the main characters from Red Dead Rebellion in multiplayer, brand new maps in multiplayer game modes, multiplayer minigames will now be available after downloading, Territory War Mode, and QuickDraw mode for multiplayer.

People, I'm doing my best to get all of the information I can. This is not all of it, and the game isn't even under development yet so changes are possible. Please, post this or tell everyone about it. Getting this info is NOT easy...
    Of course this was posted Aug 30, 2012. So, their might be a LOT changed since then.

But then more was posted on Sept 3, 2012.
    - More Free Roam! The player can choose the option of ordinary Free Roam, which will place you in the world of Red Dead Rebellion or Villans & Heroes Free Roam (only available with the Villans & Heroes DLC) which will place you in the world of Red Dead Revolver, which has taken a great make-over and added all new gang hideouts such as Native Tribes.
    - Offline Multiplayer possibility (return of Showdown Mode from Red Dead Revolver)
    - You can play Hired Killer in Single Player. This would be the criminal equivilant to Bounty Hunting. You will be sent to kill someone that has a high price on their head, most of the time they will be protected. You can bring gang members with you. Bounty Hunting is still available.
    - Loading Screens (there will be way more than this)
    - Red Harlow spinning the Scorpion Revolver
    - John Marston weilding a Bolt Action Rifle
    - Charlie Devan spinning and shooting Twin Revolvers

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay will be the same as Red Dead Redemption. Ideas for the gameplay are still being tossed back and forth and the moment but the Auto-Aim idea is staying. While using Twin Revolvers, you cannot lock on to an enemy or use melee attacks. Pressing the trigger while you are close to an enemy will no longer result in a melee attack. There will be a melee button. Health items can now be carried and used by pressing on of the D-pad buttons (this feature is only for Single Player).

I asked about Golden Guns in Rebellion and we have decided that Golden Guns are staying.
    Then lastly, the last reply was on Sep 22, 2012.

Customizable multiplayer characters! You will be able to create your own outlaw or choose a character from the Red Dead series. Titles and emblems are once again editable. Crews will be available in this game just like Max Payne 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5 but it is undecided whether crews will be able transfer over from MP3 or GTA-V into Rebellion. Crews/Posses can have their own special outfits marked with a gang symbol but this is only available for players with a certain level of experience. Crew/Posse Gang Matches are playable and winning these will reward your entire crew with a large ammount of Xp and Multiplayer Money.

Multiplayer Money is indeed making a return. The money can be used for gambling and for buying items in the all new Outfiter Store. After unlocking items, you will have to buy them. In the Outfiter Store you will be able to purchase new weapons, new mounts, clothing for your custom character, titles, and emblems. Multiplayer Money will no longer be replenished after time; you must earn it. Multiplayer Money can be obtained by coming in 1st-3rd place in any public multiplayer match, completing gang hideouts, completing Cooperative Missions, Land Grab games, and gambling of course.

24-player session are being discussed. This would only be for Free Roam, though. However, it does not look likely.

Pros: The map will be larger than before. There should be more than 16 players available in a game because it will be difficult for them to encounter each other in such a large area. With more people in the game, it would be a lot more fun and challenging. This also supports the purpose of increasing the number of members available in a posse.
    Cons: Too many things going on at once will jeprodize the connectivity server. Also, this would push the console beyond their limit. Graphic upgrades, realistic gameplay, customization features are the main focuses. An expanded ammount of players per session would be too much.

SINGLE PLAYER

This game will be deeper into the world of violence and low-honor than before.
    - You can now violently execute people. There will also be parts of the game where you may hang someone, creating a realistic feel to the western life.
    - Prostitues can now be taken into your home.
    - Gun, drugs, jewlery and prostitution importing and exporting bussiness opportunities.
    - Desicion-making returns, and your desicions will affect the ending of the game.
    - Random mission formerly known as "Stranger Tasks" will be available again. Some of these can be triggered through the desicions you make in the story-line's missions.
    - You must raise through the ranks of your gang to have any control over them. Their respect can be gained through side-missions, like killing an important member of a rival gang, or accompanying them in lawless activity.
    - Fight Clubs can be joined.
    - Story's Main Focus (SPOILER): Charlie has been gone for 9 years after heading to the East. After hearing of his brother's death, he returns to the west and sees that many things have changed. He decided that he would live the rest of his lief in the west peacefully, and not make the same mistakes as his brother. . . But it seems to be impossible to get away from the underground world of crime and rebellion.

It is now decided that the game's main setting shall be a new location. It is suppose to be based on the 1905-1906 western part of America. The map will be significantly larger than Redemption's.
    So, this was all the stuff I could dig up on the next Red Dead, let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited by Astrid.Hecate; 02-17-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man, I guess we are become GameFAQs...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

My thoughts?

You should be banned for abusing font colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    My thoughts?

How am I abusing the color font? I post in red because it's easier to read. Perhaps, you should get some glasses.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid.Hecate View Post
    How am I abusing the color font? I post in red because it's easier to read. Perhaps, you should get some glasses.
    Yeah, it's not like the default theme is Digital Press RED. Red text on a black background. I definitely need glasses now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This needs to stop. I ignored the Heavy Rain thread, but your posts laden with video clips and unintelligent walls of text add nothing to the level of discourse here. This is not a game news site and this is not some obscure hidden gem that people will miss in the barrage of millions of dollars that will be spent to market it in 2014.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I think rainbow colors are best.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

My thoughts?
    This game concept lost me at "prequel".
    This topic lost me at "red font".

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    man, I guess we are become GameFAQs...
    We've been an awkward extension of GameFAQs for a year and a half now.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    We've been an awkward extension of GameFAQs since they learned about this place via Attack of the Show in 2007. It's just gotten worse in the last year.
    Last edited by JSoup; 02-18-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Got my shows mixed up.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, you guys can be idiots, i'm out. You know, I thought I this could be a cool place to hang out and talk about games and maybe meet some cool people to hang out with, but since everyone is going to be immature, forget it. It's no wonder hardly anyone comes to this site anymore, since the moderators let people like you guys troll everyone's post. But let me know when you guys decide to grow up and act your age..not your mentality age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    My thoughts?

I stopped reading because of the annoying color too. Stick with white on black, nothing wrong with it, never was. *tilts hat back down over eyes, resumes nap*
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im gone too.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
    Im gone too.
    Hope you find a new place to hang out. I'd suggest Game Over on N Lamar in Austin, Texas, but I hear he doesn't like self entitled children.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

^Harsh...but I laughed

I've got less a problem with the colors then I do with the posts themselves. This and the Heavy Rain one read like "stealth" PR posts. I don't think this website is popular enough to attract that sort of attention are but man they sure seem like them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    So I've noticed. I'm a bit of a lurker, but seriously, what happened?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I didn't bother to read the OP as the colour was just bad, plus with all the bold text it's like there's some secret message hidden in it. Most likely some BS advertising campain, as already mentioned with the Heavy Rain thread. Seriously how is that underrated at all? It's like saying Harry Potter is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    So I've noticed. I'm a bit of a lurker, but seriously, what happened?
    Quality posters stopped posting and starting lurking more. Other posters came in to fill the silence with anything that popped into their mind. I have a feeling it's because there's no more articles being updated. At one point I kept coming here more for the articles than the forums, without the various articles(regular new content) it's like we're getting more people who barely read.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Hope you find a new place to hang out. I'd suggest Game Over on N Lamar in Austin, Texas, but I hear he doesn't like self entitled children.
    Children isn't really the right word when he's 23, if anything the term "manchild" would be more accurate. Not that I necessarily agree with it, though posting about that stuff as a thread is pretty odd when it's not meant as a joke. Almost like that other poster who's been registered for years with barely any posts, just to post that he's been cheated on. Why post this?

Quote Originally Posted by RP2A03 View Post
    Personally, I think rainbow colors are best.
    Everything leads back to the pony thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Children isn't really the right word when he's 23
    Good God! I thought he was about 13.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How come the fine Digital Press tradition of making sure people don't come back by banning when they claim they're leaving hasn't been taken with these two problem childs in this thread?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    Good God! I thought he was about 13.
    He mentioned his age in another thread, it's the only reason I knew he was older. It's from that locked thread on him bothering store staff for hours at a time. Also, I wish bus fares would be $2 where I am, they're currently $3.75 per trip. The price gets raised practically every year, I remember it being under $3 when I first started taking it. It was never as low as $2, not as long as I've been using it.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...=1#post1953116