Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Playstation 4 Finally Officially Announced For Holiday 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For anyone who was thinking about buying a PS4/Orbis development kit. Supposedly.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Explain to me why the tablet or pro controller can't play Tatsunoko vs Capcom or NSMB. For that matter, why can't the classic controller and internal flash memory on Wii be used for GC games? Why can't I share data between a GBA cart in my GB Player and my GC for games that support GBA/GC link? We all know the answer, and it's quite simple; Nintendo. Buy more accessories and cables, please!
    I'll start by saying that this is a notable shift from your original "lol Nintendo" line, which almost implied as though Nintendo's BC as a very concept was somehow flawed.

Bolded part: I've played Wii Virtual Console games and Samurai Warriors 3 with the Pro Controller just fine. I don't see why those two games would be problematic unless they never worked with classic controllers to start with. It's literally just a different design for the original Classic Controller, just like the "Wii U MotionPlus Controller" is just a different branding; there's little compatibility difference. Where do you read your "info"? If you're gonna be asking a bunch of questions, at least fact-check for accuracy.

As for everything else: The tablet incompatibility's not a good example of your "nickel and diming" accusation since there's nothing you could theoretically buy or do that'd suddenly make Wii games run on the tablet. While it's a legiitimate issue with the hardware since it'd be a nice feature to have off-TV play on the Wii back catalog, your accusation of motive hardly makes sense in this instance.

All the other stuff just sounds like asking ridiculous questions being pressed just for the sake of it. You're literally the first person I've ever seen mope about the Gamecube compatibility on the Wii not being able to use the internal storage for save data. What would you have gained from this feature, if anything really substantial? I'd rather keep my internal storage for the actual Wii apps.

And you've got the complaints about the Gamecube controller completely reversed: It was more annoying when Gamecube controllers didn't work with certain Wii games (Boycotted Metal Slug Anthology on this issue, myself), and it'll especially be frustrating that you can't connect them to a Wii U without some converter when the next Smash Bros. comes out. If you already had Gamecube controllers, you'd probably have considered classic controllers a non-factor for the Wii's lifespan.

And... What the heck kind of crazy GBA/GC link shenigans are you trying to do in a GB Player that you couldn't do in a significantly easier to obtain, easier to use, less cumbersome, and/or cheaper GBA model? Trying to load those Animal Crossing NES games on the GB Player instead of, y'know, using AC's built in emulator? I mean, heck, why would you even purchase a GB Player, a niche interest item, and then turn around and accuse Nintendo of nickel-and-diming you? I don't have a GB Player. Because it didn't do anything for me. I didn't have to buy it for any reason. What does this even have to do with backward compatibility in the first place?

Honestly, you sound like someone who's complaining about things you've never used, or planned to use, in the first place.

And why would you need DS2 support on PS3? The sixaxis/DS3 works just fine for PS1 and PS2 games.
    Except for, y'know, their inferiority over the DS2. Just because it's a "new" controller doesn't make it better. Especially the Sixaxis. Now, imagine if Sony went with that Boomerang that they originally proposed.

Also the blatant hypocracy in complaining when you incorrectly state Nintendo doesn't let you use Pro Controller on Wii games, but expecting Dual Shock 2 fans to put up with -actually- being nickeled and dimed so they can continue using their controller on the next-gen console. Ugh.

And also the fact that the PS2 was back-compatibile with PS1 controllers right outta the box, which was something that was nice and convenient for everyone and no one had to argue about whether a DS2 controller "works just fine" on PSOne games to justify an upgrade.
    You see, I believe total backward compatibility, where EVERYTHING from the old gen works on the new gen hardware, would be a nice ideal to have.
    Sony had it right with PS1 to PS2, but not the PS3. Nintendo had GC BC (minus some niche adapters) right on the Wii, and on the Wii to Wii U side of things it's alright, but then the GC BC has been ditched, so there's also steps backward there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those games DO NOT WORK with the new Wii U controller or the tablet AS A CONTROLLER. NO WII GAME DOES.
    Maybe you should fact check before shitting up the thread with walls of text.