During a recent investor conference call, Electronic Arts' chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen specifically referenced having seen "the new Battlefield" running on a PlayStation 4. EA has not announced Battlefield 4 as coming to Sony's new flagship box, though it's hardly a stretch to envision the military shooter on the new platform.

Jorgensen shut down the implication that EA's absence from Sony's PlayStation 4 press conference last week meant its support of the new system wouldn't surface until 2014 or 2015. "I'd say between now and E3, you're going to see a lot of stuff from us," he said.

"The technical power on the platform is going to allow us to do a substantial amount of things that we've never done before," Jorgensen continued. "I've seen the new Battlefield and it is stunning, I mean it is just amazing; what the imagination of the game developers are allowed to do with that much power."

We've reached out to EA for more information about Jorgensen's statement and will update with any new information we receive.EA CFO suggests 'new Battlefield' running on PS4 originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments