Thread: List of US Sony Playstaion Portable (PSP) Games Released as physical UMDs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool List of US Sony Playstaion Portable (PSP) Games Released as physical UMDs

With the crazy sales Gamestop is doing clearing out PSP games I've been picking up a lot of titles for the system, but while I've been looking around I've been unable to find a definitive list of games for the PSP that were released on UMD.

There is a big list on Wikipedia but I have no idea how up to date it is, and it includes titles from all regions, plus I couldn't really tell if it denoted PSN only titles, or titles that were ALSO released on PSN.

So anyway, does anyone know of a good, legitimate, resource to track all the PSP games (and maybe movies) that were released on UMD?

Note: I did search for forum first and couldn't find a thread addressing this, if there's already one please let me know. I'm mainly focusing on RPGs but there are a lot of pretty good games for the system.
    Last edited by xelement5x; 03-01-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

There are very few titles that were released on PSN that were not put on UMDs. The only one I can think of is the Uncharted pinball game.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 02-28-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    There are very few titles that were released on PSN that were not put on UMDs. The only one I can think of is the Uncharted pinball game.
    Incorrect. There were tons of games released on PSN for PSP that never ended up on a UMD, at least in the US. Corpse Party, Cladun, and many, many more RPGs and other games fit into that category.

Insert Coin (Level 0) danawhitaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Others here may disagree or have better/other sources, but my go-to for something like you're attempting is allgame.com. They aren't perfect, but it would give you at the very least a very good basis for making your own list.

Edit: They tend to list things that are PSN only with a [ ] next to the title. So far I've found them to be accurate while working on my all-console database.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

It's more than just a few. There's a decent list of downloadable only PSP software, unfortunately I can't find one separate of the UMDs.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Incorrect. There were tons of games released on PSN for PSP that never ended up on a UMD, at least in the US. Corpse Party, Cladun, and many, many more RPGs and other games fit into that category.
    It's still probably less than 2%. Hell, Fat Princess got a UMD for the PSP, while it was a download only for the PS3. There is Everyday Shooter that was download only, while Pixel Junk Monsters was release on UMD

The list gets much longer, if you include downloadable Playstation 1 titles and the Minis.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 02-28-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker View Post
    Others here may disagree or have better/other sources, but my go-to for something like you're attempting is allgame.com. They aren't perfect, but it would give you at the very least a very good basis for making your own list.

Edit: They tend to list things that are PSN only with a [ ] next to the title. So far I've found them to be accurate while working on my all-console database.
    Yeah I use this site too. I highly recommend it for anything other than release dates on much older systems. On newer systems they seem to get the release dates right every time.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I'll look through allgame as they do seem pretty good.

I did find an RPG list on here, the problem is that both RPG and PSP get knocked out in search so using Playstation Portable instead seems to work better

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...e-PSP-(rpgpsp)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Comming to the party a little late

I found a rpg list for the psp a while ago and posted it in another thread. I recently went back to that website and found a .pdf checklist for every retial umd released in the usa. The site does say that Limited editions are not include in the checklist. I hope that this helps, if anyone is collecting for the PSP. www.pspjournal.com
    Wise man: When you removed the book, did you speak the words?

Ash: Yeah. Well, maybe not every single syllable exactly, but basically I said them.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Thanks Mr.Phippen, that's a really useful and concise list of PSP UMDs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Phippen View Post
    I found a rpg list for the psp a while ago and posted it in another thread. I recently went back to that website and found a .pdf checklist for every retial umd released in the usa. The site does say that Limited editions are not include in the checklist. I hope that this helps, if anyone is collecting for the PSP. www.pspjournal.com
    Yeah, that's an awesome resource! But you're already missing Class of Heroes 2 (It only came out last week, but I thought I'd let you know either way)