Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default March 2013 Finds

Lord help me, I just bought Postal III for three bucks.

In non-crappy finds, I also picked up the UHF soundtrack for one dollar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Finds! Finds! FINDS!!

From Half Price Books:

Children of Men (HD DVD) - $1
    Mission: Impossible (HD DVD) - $1
    Warpath Jurassic Park (PS1) - $12
    Minecraft: The Story of Mojang (DVD) - limited edition #1451 of 3000 - sent out to Kickstarter donors. SEALED, very cool!

From FX Game Exchange:
    Bomber Raid (SMS) - $13 - complete
    Cyborg Hunter (SMS) - $4 complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Six Gamecube import demos $100
    Pokemon Soulsilver $10
    Pokemon Gold(DS) $9
    Pokemon Silver(GB) $9
    Pokemon Red(GB) $9
    Dead or Alive 2(DC) $2
    Megaman X-7(PS2) $2

I picked up the Gamecube demos online. The seller wanted $50 a piece for them but they didn't sell so I made him an offer for all six and he took it. They are all open but they might as well be new because they are in flawless condition. The rest of the games I picked up at the flea market. Megaman X-7 is an ex rental and isn't in the best of condition. But atleast I finally got to add the Dreamcast version of DOA2 to my collection.

Streets of Rage 3(Gen) $4
    Assassin's Creed II(PS3) sealed $7
    Jordan Sparks cd $3
    Code Breaker disc sealed $2

I picked all of these up at three different Goodwills. This is the second complete copy of Streets of Rage 3 I've found in the wild. I also wish I wouldn't have already sold my PS3 copy of Assassin's Creed I since this one is also sealed. I haven't seen this version of the Code Breaker disc before. Must have been one of their short run variants.

Priest dvd
    Kinect Sports(360)
    Taken 2 dvd
    The Man With The Iron Fist dvd
    Silent Hill: Revelations dvd
    G.I. Joe dvd
    House At The End of The Street dvd
    Paranormal Activity dvd
    Skyfall dvd
    Here Comes The Boom dvd
    Looper dvd
    The Other Guys dvd

These were all $1 each. Actually, less than a $1 each. I got them from a dude at the flea market. He had a bin of movies and told me that everything in there was $1 each but if I got 10 he would throw in two for free. So I started looking thru and saw all these recent movies. I thought it was a mistake but he said they were all the same price. I'm not sure if he was aware that half of these were released in the last few weeks/months and could have easily gotten him $5-$10 a piece. But I paid him what he asked for. And the Kinect game was in the bin so I added that to my twelve items for $10. Not a bad score if I do say so myself.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 03-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Expect a lot of raging out of Silent Hill Revelation.

I only made it through 20 minutes before closing the damn thing, and you know I love bad movies... but this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure how great a deal but at the local flea market today i put together this deal. play station 2 slim with controller cables and demo game for under 20.00. I saw them selling at the market for 30 to 40 ea and saw a console only for 10.00 and figured for the third of the price i can play build your own system for a fraction of what others are selling them complete for.

Now im off to test it but how many of you do things like that. You see a console only and think for less than what others are selling a complete one for you can go out and finish of building one missing a few things. Either to make money on a system ( a good deal ) or just as a challenge for yourself if you can find all the other parts at the same flea market

Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually don't go console-only due to the high chance of it being broken, especially with something like a PS2 where the time and cost of materials to repair one outweighs the value, let alone buying extra bits.

as for handhelds, though, I'm a lot more open to that, as I can just pop in batteries and a game and test it right there, and chargers/accessories/etc aren't half as necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    I usually don't go console-only due to the high chance of it being broken, especially with something like a PS2 where the time and cost of materials to repair one outweighs the value, let alone buying extra bits.

as for handhelds, though, I'm a lot more open to that, as I can just pop in batteries and a game and test it right there, and chargers/accessories/etc aren't half as necessary.
    Yep the unit crapped out. ( big surprise ) but I see that the power pack is the same as the one the atari xegs runs ( input 100-120 volt output :5volt 2 amp. ( xegs is 1 amp). As long as the 1 amp difference doesnt hurt the xegs i can swap out the old ac plug in and install this one and be good there. Working on my laptop and maybe this is gonna be a good plan of attack.
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by GamerTheGreek View Post
    Yep the unit crapped out. ( big surprise ) but I see that the power pack is the same as the one the atari xegs runs ( input 100-120 volt output :5volt 2 amp. ( xegs is 1 amp). As long as the 1 amp difference doesnt hurt the xegs i can swap out the old ac plug in and install this one and be good there. Working on my laptop and maybe this is gonna be a good plan of attack.
    I probably wouldn't risk over amping anything. You can possibly hurt the device.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GamerTheGreek View Post
    It should be fine, it will only use the amps it needs. It's better to have an adapter that provides higher amps than lower amps, one with not enough amps will cause damage.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It should be fine, it will only use the amps it needs. It's better to have an adapter that provides higher amps than lower amps, one with not enough amps will cause damage.
    I don't know if this is one, but don't only switching power supplies do that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    I don't know if this is one, but don't only switching power supplies do that?
    It's how electronics work. All normal household receptacles are rated 15 amps, do you only plug in devices that use 15 amps? Electronics will only use as many amps as they need, even if more are available. Power supplies usually limit the amps as increasing them increases the cost to manufacture them, if the device only needs 1.5 amps there's no reason to make the supply output 4 amps as it's a waste of cost by that point.

Second, I'm pretty sure PS2 slim adapters are switching power supplies. Just like laptop power supplies. Switching power supplies are really common these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Second, I'm pretty sure PS2 slim adapters are switching power supplies. Just like laptop power supplies. Switching power supplies are really common these days.
    You can simply switch the power supplies on all the slim models that have got them externally. Some have got internal power supplies however, so those would be just as hard to switch as on the fat PS2s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Motherlode

I'm positively vibrating with joy. Everything you see here plus a working 2600 unit was $135. I had bought a Commodore 64 collection from this person on Craigslist last month. They contacted me asking if I knew anyone who was interested in that lot of Atari stuff for $150. I wanted the boxes anyway so I said sure, but it turned out they were short a VCS power adapter so cut 15 bucks off the price for me. I have spare VCS power adapters so no sweat, right? I now officially own more Atari 2600 boxes than NES boxes. Maybe even more than NES and SNES combined (I haven't counted, really, just eyeballing. )

Of particular interest to me was the wooden game storage cabinet with the pseudo-etched-glass door with the TV, something-like-breakout, joystick pattern on it. I'd never seen that before. I also got the Atari "Ark of the Covenant" which you see there, and behind all the stuff is the VCS's original box. Also most of the games included manual, warranty cards, catalogs, etc.

I think this is one of 3 great coups for my collection. First was an entire buttload of NES boxes to complete a ton of my games. Second was the 3DO and 10 games I got for 20 bucks. There may be a fourth one, since I was given a Neo Geo Pocket Color and 10 games plus accessories, all boxed, over last weekend (I may post pics soon)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-01 12.37.52.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	6377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-03 02.12.27.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	6378  
    Last edited by sparf; 03-03-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yesterday, I picked up Growlanser: Heritage of War for $10. It had been labeled new and at $40 for just over a year at the Henderson Gamestop, and apparently all PS2 games were moved to the pre-owned section. I bought this, but sadly, since it had been transported from another store, the keychain and artbook are missing, and the box is in bad shape. Apparently, I still got a pretty good deal on it. If anyone has extra Growlanser stuff floating around from this LE (or can point me to a decent deal on the stuff I'm missing - I am not, repeat NOT, paying $30 for a keychain!), I would appreciate it.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Congratulations Sparf on your fantastic Atari windfall. I'm curious to know if that glass etched cabinet was a manufactured item bought back in the day or if it was maybe some kind of high school art project or something. I'm thinking it was manufactured by the ultra-generic artwork designed by somebody who probably never played a video game in his life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guyra View Post
    You can simply switch the power supplies on all the slim models that have got them externally. Some have got internal power supplies however, so those would be just as hard to switch as on the fat PS2s.
    Switching vs linear power supplies, a different type of switching than what you're thinking of.

I do have a slim with a built in supply, it doesn't read PS2 games anymore but PS1 games still run fine. I would avoid buying any PS2s unless they're complete and look to be in great condition, otherwise I'd doubt that they were taken care of and would probably be defective. This one looked a bit worn but came with hookups and memory card for under $10 total so I took a chance on it, I should have known it wasn't in great shape as the controller was a 3rd party.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

WEEKEND ,Two Different Flea market Hunts

$5.00 Fill Your Box ..

$8.00

NES is a Repair
    Shatterhand $3.00
    Other Misc items 1-2 buxs each..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    NES is a Repair
    Shatterhand $3.00
    Other Misc items 1-2 buxs each..
    If you want to sell those foil Atari stickers (the three on the sheet in the bag with the manuals) let me know. I won a couple sheets years ago on a contest here and they've finally worn off the devices I placed them on.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    If you want to sell those foil Atari stickers (the three on the sheet in the bag with the manuals) let me know. I won a couple sheets years ago on a contest here and they've finally worn off the devices I placed them on.

Just pm me your addy my friend and i'll mail them out to you on my next trip to the post office(ebay packages)

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Picked up some things off of Craigslist.

Silent Hill Revelations-Bluray-$10 horrible horrible movie. It was more gross than scary
    Skyfall-Bluray-$10-I dislike 007 movies but couldnt pass it up for the price
    Super Punch Out-SNES-traded a common Xbox game for it.