Thread: March 2013 Finds

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Other Misc items 1-2 buxs each..
    What games are on those plug and play consoles?

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by markusman64ds View Post
    I'm not sure..Honestly these things go in the Fodder Box ..to look a later,sorry..
    ,just no time to mess with them..

They are for sale but as shown,untested and I can take close up pics if needed via PM..

I have other plug n play consoles that I just dug out,pac man,atari types.......... and more of the controller type as pictured but burried in boxes somewhere.
    ..My plan was to lot them(as is) in one big USPS box soon and list them on ebay..

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

One of the COOLEST things I SAW at the Flea Market was a HUGE LEGO STORE DISPLAY..I Believe It was LEGO ATLANTIS

Anyway,at this particular market I did Not do any searching as I had went there on a call to pick up a big item that had me spent,and van filled..
    On the way out I spotted the Display and I knew the guy as I bought my old Virtual Boy Display unit from him.(now at the DP store)

The Display was perfect for my Sons as they are BIG into Lego but I was already spent and the display was so big/long..
    Still I know the guy and the display as his $$ of the day,his asking price would be $500.00 easy..

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think he's wondering if they're famicom/NES compilation controllers. Sometimes they have strange or unique pirated ROMs and some just have a special history (such as the Super Joy, infamous for getting the creator in lots of trouble in a nintendo lawsuit)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gamecube
    Rocky-CIB 2.50$
    Marvel nemesis-rise of the imperfects-cb 2.50$

ps1
    dragonball z ultimate battle 22-infogames-cb 3$
    dragonball z ultimate battle 22-atari-cb 3$

nintendo power-vol 139 dec 2000 2$

gameboy color pink-
    gex-enter the gecko-c
    simpsons-bart vs the juggernauts-c 15$
    mega man 2-c
    playmobil laura-c
    barbie magic genie adventure-c

genesis
    atp tour championship tennis-CIB 2$
    summer challenge-cb 2$
    jack nicklaus-power challenge-CIB 2$
    skitchin-cb 10$
    david robinson's supreme court-cb 2$
    troy aikman football-cb 2$
    coach k college basketball-CIB 2$

n64
    midways greatest arcade hits volume 1-c 15$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit dvd $4
    3DS system with Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D $45
    Babylon A.D. dvd free with above purchase
    3DS charger $10

So I went back to the guy at the flea market where I got the $1 current movies from. He had a glass case on his table with a bunch of new items in there, including a 3DS system. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said $50 so I asked him if it worked. He said yes and let me test it out. I turned it on and it had the MGS: SE cartridge inside of it. So after confirming it worked I asked if he would take $40 for it and he said that he would meet me in the middle. So we agreed on $45, which makes the system come out to about $30 once you figure MGS: SE is probably worth around $15 by itself. I was so happy with my purchase that I forgot to bring up the missing charger. He obviously didn't have one for it but I could have used that as a bargaining chip to lower the price even more. Yes I really am that cheap

But I was at a flea market so I went to one of the game vendors and asked if they had seperate 3DS chargers for my new purchase. They had them for $10 which I thought was a pretty fair amount. I got the Babylon dvd from the 3DS guy because after I paid him for it he told me to pick out any movie I wanted. Unfortunately he didn't have any more of the new movies he had the last time I was there so Babylon AD was probably the best thing available. The SI dvd was from Goodwill. So now I'm torn about rather to keep this system or sell it while it's still going for a decent price used. I already sold all the 3DS games that have come thru my hands over the last year and I could care less about the Metal Gear Solid series. So if I decide to keep it I don't have nothing to play yet. Still, it's not like I will ever find another deal like this.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Found this while getting Meloetta for my Pokemon games.

Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not going to post a pic, but I got my hands on my first PS2. A co-worker got it in a storage locker auction and let me have it for 10 bucks. No controllers, but power cord and AV cables (also a spare RF switch). I fired it up (the fact that its comparable with PS1 components is... pretty dang handy) and everything seems to work okay (can't test much PS2 functionality much since I don't have a Dual Shock 2 yet... but stuff loads up fine)

Question, what's the best video hook up for the PS2? S-Video? How hard is it to get your mitts on a S-Video for a PS2 these days?
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

best PS2 video is probably component. I got a component cables set for $5 shipped and it worked great.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Not going to post a pic, but I got my hands on my first PS2. A co-worker got it in a storage locker auction and let me have it for 10 bucks. No controllers, but power cord and AV cables (also a spare RF switch). I fired it up (the fact that its comparable with PS1 components is... pretty dang handy) and everything seems to work okay (can't test much PS2 functionality much since I don't have a Dual Shock 2 yet... but stuff loads up fine)

Question, what's the best video hook up for the PS2? S-Video? How hard is it to get your mitts on a S-Video for a PS2 these days?
    Like recorderdude said, Component is the best possible choice, S-Video is second best.

As for the cables... there's third party ones but I've had horrible luck with them. Try to stick to genuine Sony cables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did get a generic third party cable myself. It was a really tight fit, but once I got it in it worked great.

One thing I will say though is that there are a select few games that will NOT run with these, or ask about running in the mode while not displaying it (with a black screen). The most popular one I remember having issues with was Resident Evil 4.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WEEKEND ,Two Different Flea market Hunts

$5.00 Fill Your Box ..

$8.00

NES is a Repair
    Shatterhand $3.00

Nice find on the PS2 Memory cards, the grey/green pack is rather rare, even used ones aren't that easy to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    I did get a generic third party cable myself. It was a really tight fit, but once I got it in it worked great.

One thing I will say though is that there are a select few games that will NOT run with these, or ask about running in the mode while not displaying it (with a black screen). The most popular one I remember having issues with was Resident Evil 4.
    It's all but impossible to find a TV that can handle everything the PS2 hardware can do. I've never heard of a set who supports both 1080i and traditional light guns.
    50hz comes into play as well for import games.

If you tried to activate 480p, that resolution obviously will not work on an SDTV.
    Other games use 240p mode which doesn't work on certain HDTVs.

RGB SCART is an alternative to component for cases 480p isn't necessary.
    Lum fan.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    I think he's wondering if they're famicom/NES compilation controllers. Sometimes they have strange or unique pirated ROMs and some just have a special history (such as the Super Joy, infamous for getting the creator in lots of trouble in a nintendo lawsuit)
    I wouldn't say it was the device that got the creator in trouble.
    I think you'd mean reseller, and it was his own fault for being a big enough idiot to sell them in plain sight in shopping malls, while running demo units.
    (maybe if it was just a few of the obscure Japanese exclusives he might have gotten away with it, but running Super Mario Bros. on this mysterious device is very suspicious. Obviously SOMEONE is going to notice and care enough to report him.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Decided to wander into the local Goodwill and got supervised...

The Curse of Monkey Island (PC) $3 - Standalone jewel case version. I already have a copy (big box version, sans big box). But worth having a spare around.
    The Neverhood (PC) $3 - Finding a copy of CMI was a big score, but this I wasn't expecting. Again I already own a copy, but again worth having two off. Especially with what I found. More about that latter.
    Duke Nukem Time to Kill (PS) $3 - Looks a bit rubbish.
    Steamboy (DVD) $4 - Picked this up as a gift for a friend, he's a big steampunk fan.

Anyway... about The Neverhood copy I found. Like I said I have a copy I've had since High School. So is not new to me. But when I opened up my old copy, and compared it to the copy I found, I discovered this...

The copy I got at Goodwill today (pictured right) has a shinny gold finish on the disc, my copy (pictured left) does not have that. I'm assuming the gold version is an early pressing, anyone think it has any greater value as a collectible over the non-gold version?

EDIT: Also, random question... does The Neverhood not have a Jewel Case back label? My original copy didn't have a back label when I got it (from a friend), and this copy I got at Goodwill lacks a back label as well. Did The Neverhood never have one?

Cause I hate jewel cases that don't have official spine text.
    Last edited by The Adventurer; 03-05-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Decided to wander into the local Goodwill and got supervised...

The Curse of Monkey Island (PC) $3 - Standalone jewel case version. I already have a copy (big box version, sans big box). But worth having a spare around.
    The Neverhood (PC) $3 - Finding a copy of CMI was a big score, but this I wasn't expecting. Again I already own a copy, but again worth having two off. Especially with what I found. More about that latter.
    Duke Nukem Time to Kill (PS) $3 - Looks a bit rubbish.
    Steamboy (DVD) $4 - Picked this up as a gift for a friend, he's a big steampunk fan.

Anyway... about The Neverhood copy I found. Like I said I have a copy I've had since High School. So is not new to me. But when I opened up my old copy, and compared it to the copy I found, I discovered this...

The copy I got at Goodwill today (pictured left) has a shinny gold finish on the disc, my copy (pictured right) does not have that. I'm assuming the gold version is an early pressing, anyone think it has any greater value as a collectible over the non-gold version?

EDIT: Also, random question... does The Neverhood not have a Jewel Case back label? My original copy didn't have a back label when I got it (from a friend), and this copy I got at Goodwill lacks a back label as well. Did The Neverhood never have one?

Cause I hate jewel cases that don't have official spine text.
    As far as I know the disc being gold doesn't really matter. I've sold a couple of Neverhoods in jewel cases and they usually have a pink back inlay with a few logos...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I've sold a couple of Neverhoods in jewel cases and they usually have a pink back inlay with a few logos...
    Same. And I don't think any of the copies that have passed through my hands had the shiny disc art.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Return to Dinosaur Land Repro $45 shipped
    Super Mario Omega Repro (with a label I designed) $60 shipped

from Retrostage. Very quality work and quick. Nice guy. He took my custom order for Omega and I love the way it turned out.

Rockman & Forte SFC cart $25 shipped
    Zelda OoT complete (JPN version) $25 shipped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WEEKEND ,Two Different Flea market Hunts

Quote Originally Posted by markusman64ds View Post
    I'm not sure..Honestly these things go in the Fodder Box ..to look a later,sorry..
    ,just no time to mess with them..

They are for sale but as shown,untested and I can take close up pics if needed via PM..

I have other plug n play consoles that I just dug out,pac man,atari types.......... and more of the controller type as pictured but burried in boxes somewhere.
    ..My plan was to lot them(as is) in one big USPS box soon and list them on ebay..
    On the left maybe a Powerjoy Famicom clone with possibly Tengen Tetris inside? The other on the right looks like a Polaroid TV MegaMax with exclusive games, the cables can easily be adapted to RCA connectors.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wii U Nintendoland and a sealed Vita Little Big Planet-$14.99 each at Goodwill.

Sifl and Olly Season Three (The Lost Episodes) and Wonder Showzen Season One DVDs-$2.99 each at Salvation Army. I love both shows but was really stoked to find the S&O DVD.