Hi I'm trying to understand the relationship of the cherry switch pulsing a timer.

Ill be up front I am an inventor trying to start my own arcade/amusement manufacturing business but I need some more knowledge before I can do that. I have a few problems I am trying to iron out of a system.

1) How does the cherry switch attached to the coin mech pulse the timer?

2) What is the best type of cherry switch to use?

3) Any recommendations on a 30 second - 2 minute timer? Cheaper is better for prototypes so preferably $20.00 or under.

4) When the quarter goes through the coin mech and trips the cherry switch which pulses the timer will the switch going back to its default cause the electricity through the system to shut off the machine?

^ As in, this series of events, quarter trips the cherry switch, which pulses the timer, the cherry switch goes back its default setting, then because of that one of two things happens. Does the system keep running till the timer runs out, or does the cherry switch going to default cut the power and cause the whole machine to reset?

What Ive got in mind, Quarter drops in, sets off the switch which pulses the timer which causes the rest of my machine to run for the time I set it to. Then if they want to see the machine run again they have to pay another quarter.

Sorry this is a lot of text to read but I'm hoping someone can help me out here with this.