Thread: Majesco Game Gears

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Majesco Game Gears

Don't quite need these myself, but I know some members have been looking for them and they're not the easiest to come by. Found this while perusing various listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-2-SEG...item4ac228943e

This is probably the only listing I've seen in a while that has majesco rerelease game gears for a not batshit insane price. If anyone's still after one, here you go. Considering a normal GG goes for about $20, and the 2 games included are certainly worth more than $10 combined, I'd say it's a decent deal, even if you'll probably end up reselling one of the systems :P
    Last edited by recorderdude; 03-06-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    Don't quite need these myself, but I know some members have been looking for them and they're not the easiest to come by. Found this while perusing various listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-2-SEG...item4ac228943e

This is probably the only listing I've seen in a while that has majesco rerelease game gears for a not batshit insane price. If anyone's still after one, here you go. Considering a normal GG goes for about $20, and the 2 games included are certainly worth more than $10 combined, I'd say it's a decent deal, even if you'll probably end up reselling one of the systems :P
    Thanks for pointing these out. I bought them for the listed price because I am finally back to getting regular income. The only other one I saw was a CIB system for $120. I don't generally bother collecting systems CIB because the boxes take up so much space.

Game Gear is a pretty hard system to collect for as plenty of games don't pop up boxed very often. I listed my lot of all 12 CIB Sonic games for Game Gear on ebay just to see if anyone was willing to pay close to what I did for the titles and only received one lowball offer for what I paid for just one of the games alone, regardless of Tails Adventure being still factory sealed. I figured that settled it, I would not turn around on these and just keep them because I may never see a CIB Sonic Blast or Tails Adventure again.

Being able to find a couple systems that will actually work and not die so soon only cements my interest in keeping that system as a main platform I will continue to get enjoyment out of. Now I'll actually have a use for Everdrive GG once I can buy one.

I already have a Genesis 2 so I can use its AC Adapter on these.

For my new collection that I am beginning from near scratch I still plan on only collecting or keeping games I have played enough that I can beat them with ease, but in this case the only Sonic game for Game Gear that I haven't completed at least once is Tails Adventure. Once I get my last items shipped and I finally have time to play games again, I might make it a point to marathon this set of 12 games again and at the end finally attempt to finish Tails Adventure to cement its place among the others. I have enjoyed what I have tried of it so it shouldn't be too hard to do.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad I could help you! I'm a pretty big GG collector myself, but I've currently got 3 original GGs, 2 of which have the standard screen/sound issues and one of which that works but has a weak 2 button you have to press harder.

I'm trying to get all the sonic titles, too (still need tails skypatrol and drift for a not-insane importer price) as well as a number of other GG titles that interest me; my collection currently stands at about 30 carts but I'm not as worried about CiB/NiB yet. The only Complete GG games I have are Devilish and Robocop Vs The Terminator (though I do have a box for Ax battler)

(I still need to finish Tails Adventure, too, haha. I've beat pretty much all of the GG Sonics except that and sonic 2 by now)

By the by, then, enjoy the reliability of the majesco models!
    Last edited by recorderdude; 03-07-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Glad I could help you! I'm a pretty big GG collector myself, but I've currently got 3 original GGs, 2 of which have the standard screen/sound issues and one of which that works but has a weak 2 button you have to press harder.

I'm trying to get all the sonic titles, too (still need tails skypatrol and drift for a not-insane importer price) as well as a number of other GG titles that interest me; my collection currently stands at about 30 carts but I'm not as worried about CiB/NiB yet. The only Complete GG games I have are Devilish and Robocop Vs The Terminator (though I do have a box for Ax battler)

(I still need to finish Tails Adventure, too, haha. I've beat pretty much all of the GG Sonics except that and sonic 2 by now)

By the by, then, enjoy the reliability of the majesco models!
    I was able to get Sonic Drift complete for somewhere around $25-30 on ebay, but Tails Skypatrol was like $75 complete just after the tsunami hit and that seller lowered their price in the wake of financial emergency. I think the original cheaper offer I saw was $99 while another was $300. This might have been the $300 one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    I was able to get Sonic Drift complete for somewhere around $25-30 on ebay, but Tails Skypatrol was like $75 complete just after the tsunami hit and that seller lowered their price in the wake of financial emergency. I think the original cheaper offer I saw was $99 while another was $300. This might have been the $300 one.
    Yeah, Sonic Drift 1 CiB for $25-30 sounds about right as far as importer bloating goes. A CIB skypatrol for $300 is batshit insane, though. The highest I've seen one at is $120 and it sells in japan for about $20. (of course, drift is a common in japan so it sells in japan cib for $8 there :P)

Cart only, drift sells here for about $8-9 and the listings for skypatrol that are actually bought average $20-25 (a few BiNs @ $25 and one just ended around $20 last night that i'd been watching to see how much people would realistically pay for it)

TBH, none of the GG imports except MAYBE GG Aleste and Power Strike II/GG Aleste 2 are super rare, while on the other hand some US games such as Megaman, Tails Adventures, and Shining Force Sword of Hayja are legitimately hard to come by, though way more GG games are harder to find CiB due to both the cardboard boxes often being thrown away and the lack of popularity for the system.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 03-08-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Yeah, Sonic Drift 1 CiB for $25-30 sounds about right as far as importer bloating goes. A CIB skypatrol for $300 is batshit insane, though. The highest I've seen one at is $120 and it sells in japan for about $20. (of course, drift is a common in japan so it sells in japan cib for $8 there :P)

Cart only, drift sells here for about $8-9 and the listings for skypatrol that are actually bought average $20-25 (a few BiNs @ $25 and one just ended around $20 last night that i'd been watching to see how much people would realistically pay for it)

TBH, none of the GG imports except MAYBE GG Aleste and Power Strike II/GG Aleste 2 are super rare, while on the other hand some US games such as Megaman, Tails Adventures, and Shining Force Sword of Hayja are legitimately hard to come by, though way more GG games are harder to find CiB due to both the cardboard boxes often being thrown away and the lack of popularity for the system.
    Yeah in the 2 years I searched on ebay for Sonic Blast CIB in the US, only one Sonic Blast appeared from Canada and I bought it. Only a sealed Tails Adventure appeared but that was after I had already bought my sealed copy from Arcade Antics here. I have never seen an open box Tails Adventure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

found another cheap majesco GG, this one has the original box:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Game-Ge...item3cd010cf2b

Still cant buy shit on ebay so I link anything interesting I find here.

That "small spot" bit is just finding a cartridge sweet spot. It's more likely it's his sonic chaos cart than the system itself (my sonic labyrinth cartridge is the same way).
    Last edited by recorderdude; 03-23-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    I have never seen an open box Tails Adventure.
    I got a Japanese version complete very good condition for $18 shipped from eBay in Aug of '09. And then purchased a US cart only for $9 shipped.
    Great game!

My longest sought after GG game would be Yaiba, after years of looking I finally lucked out and got a cart and instructions in a lot of 4 other games for $17 shipped.