Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Kong SNES boxed available for Sale!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pikointeractive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Classic Kong SNES boxed available for Sale!

OLD:

Hello guys

Im launching a new SNES game Kickstarter. this is the beginning in my journey in Indy and Unlicensed game development!

I hope you guys can share it and support!

there are rewards for everyone! even the $1 people can win a Complete in Box copy!

Thanks

Here is the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1449503299/super-4-in-1-multicart-for-the-snes

NEW

Hello Guys, I'm happy to announce the acquisition of a new SNES game to Piko Interactive's Library. I bought the license from Compedia and we are beta testing to see how complete the game is.

Mr. Bloppy Saves the world, an Unreleased platformer for SNES will be released later this year on our website, as well as other games that I will later Announce.

Im currently working on the Multicart (getting ready to ship out the Kickstarter backers). And after that, I'll be posting more games that we are working on/acquired.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or comments!

Thanks!

I was working on the art yesterday, this is it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bloppyboxsmally.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	7107

NEW:

We have the new Super 4 in 1 multciart available for sale now!

http://pikointeractive.com/store.html
    Last edited by Pikointeractive; 01-28-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not following why you need to do a Kickstarter for this and give up a significant fee to Kickstarter and for payment processing. If the game is ready, why not just start taking preorders via Paypal to finance production?

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People have been making repro carts of Uwol and N Warp since the roms was made public, those other games as well probably......

Also, did you have a hand in developing these games? Or have you been given permission from the developers....

If You have not, basically youre taking others peoples work and selling a reproduction 4 in 1? Nice. Thats like making a kickstarter to release repros of Bahamut Lagoon or Seiken Densetsu 3....

Should have just opened a site and took in individual orders for repro carts, if any of these independent developers get wind of this Im sure they are going to be less than thrilled with you. I hope you cleared everything with the developers.
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 03-07-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I do not think the reproduction people asked for permission with the developers nor have a royalty fee set up for each game sold.

over 50% of the money paid for each cart goes to the developers. Also, the reproductions are for a single game not 4-1.

I think paying developers for their work is a good incentive for them to keep making games.

Matt, Mukunda, and Alekmaul all of them have agreed for this project and are receiving royalty checks.
    Last edited by Pikointeractive; 03-07-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pikointeractive View Post
    I do not think the reproduction people asked for permission with the developers nor have a royalty fee set up for each game sold.

over 50% of the money paid for each cart goes to the developers. Also, the reproductions are for a single game not 4-1.

I think paying developers for their work is a good incentive for them to keep making games.

Matt, Mukunda, and Alekmaul all of them have agreed for this project and are receiving royalty checks.
    Thats what I was hoping to hear. This gives these developers incentive to produce more games! Best of luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thank you!

all the support is greatly appreciated.

I myself designed the art for a game, which another known developer is working on right now. So we are just trying to keep this alive.
    Last edited by Pikointeractive; 03-07-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Looks like a fantastic project and I hope it rolls over into being funded and opening more doors. People who make homebrew deserve this kind of production and backing on it. I'm surprised at those pulling out the jump to conclusions mat before knowing the facts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Looks like a fantastic project and I hope it rolls over into being funded and opening more doors. People who make homebrew deserve this kind of production and backing on it. I'm surprised at those pulling out the jump to conclusions mat before knowing the facts.
    Whose jumped to any conclusions? I was simply being skeptical and got the answer I was hoping for.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    Whose jumped to any conclusions? I was simply being skeptical and got the answer I was hoping for.
    Did you read the kickstarter page? It is pretty clear about all this. Having read it myself, you kind of come across as just mouthing off rather than asking legitimate questions.

Looks like a cool project. I'll wait till the retron details come out before committing, though. Plus I just decided to put down for Wasteland 2 and Torment, so I'm feeling a bit tapped.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 03-07-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Cornelius beat me to it on that. It was about appearances. In all fairness I know the guy running the kickstarter tied to this with the multicart so I'm more aware of the project and some of the underlying efforts. It's a great thing it has happened, hopefully it is funded and hits the market. It's about time something like this happened where things can be pumped out and more home brew makers can get a bit for their efforts. I can see this greatly expanded into other mediums where people put in 100s or more hours and get nothing but self satisfaction perhaps with a translated product down the line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for all the support guys!

we got funded today!

I want to let everybody know that all the pledges after the goal will get their reward (some people asking this)

and that I am working on upgrading the menu, and getting a new SNES Game on it for the stretch goal!

Thanks again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default bump

I want to bump this thread to show footage of the New Menu.

It is still under production and we are hoping to get it to work on the carts!

http://webdesignerwall.com/trends/38...e-iphone-sites

Just a small upgrade for all the people that are supporting it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default New Video

What that heck happened to that post!? ^ I don't remember ever posting that link!

anyways you can see the new menu here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DTISX2V_gU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I missed the info Paro Duh asked about on my first look over the page, even knowing it was there:
    Disclaimer: All images, character names, videos, and source codes have been permitted to be used for this project by the original developers.
    It still is a bit unspecific about what the agreement was. You're saying that you give 50% of proceeds to the original developers, and that would be a nice thing to include on the original page and would make people feel even better about supporting this.

I hate to say it, but there's people selling Wiki texts online and it doesn't hurt to be a little careful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    I missed the info Paro Duh asked about on my first look over the page, even knowing it was there:

It still is a bit unspecific about what the agreement was. You're saying that you give 50% of proceeds to the original developers, and that would be a nice thing to include on the original page and would make people feel even better about supporting this.

I hate to say it, but there's people selling Wiki texts online and it doesn't hurt to be a little careful.

Actually I did't add the % anywhere or have said an exact number because developers asked me not to, some of them don't want even their names there, I don't know why.

But I can tell you that each developer has their own %. Now with the possible 5th game/new menu the % will be adjusted.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That new menu is much, much improved, Pikointeractive! It has a sort of a hacker boot screen vibe that definitely suits an unlicensed multicart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks!

I got confirmation that it is working on cartridge, but Im still a bit concerned about N-Warp Daisakusen since it is Hirom and the developer blindly connected it into the menu!

But we'll make it work.

Weird thing though, since the announcement of the new menu, people have been cancelling pledges! just 5 from last night and today. I don't understand!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Guys, for more information about this game and future SNES and other Retro game releases

I launched a website

http://pikointeractive.com

The websites will open the doors to any indie developer or homebrewer to release their games in Cartridge format!

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

congratulations on your kickstarter being funded. sorry I didn't personally pledge for this, but I have to be honest that this particular homebrew project didn't interest me. Please don't take that as an insult, I simply wasn't interested this time.

However, I hope this is successful enough for you to work on future projects that may indeed catch my eye.

Any plans for a lengthy platformer like Mario or platformer-shooter like Megaman?
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

No I don't take that as an Insult. The project was a small one, the games are small that's why the whole "multicart" to give a somewhat complete product to the backers/buyers.

I have acquired a couple of licenses, and are in the works on other ones. Hopefully we get them, Games we will be releasing God willing will be for GBA, NES, SNES, and may be GEN.

As for platformers, currently all the games that I have come up with are no platformers, well there is one, but it is more a runner than a platformer. Not sure when are we going to get to it, cause my sprite artist has another job which takes a lot of his time. That's probably the only reason why we are not releasing bigger games!

But we got stuff in the works