Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's your opinion on collecting sealed games or collecting for the sake of collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    What you're doing then would completey affect others. You are manipulating the market. Basically in it for a monetary gain aside from whatever reason you have to collect whether it be nostalgia or whatever. Whether you play the games or not doesn't take away the fact that you reduce the amount of copies in circulation. That drives up prices no matter how you cut it. It's just a matter of gaming morals I suppose. Another example is earthbound the cart is going for $120 and the game has never been ported. Not everyone can afford $120 on a single game and not everyone is going to find one in the wild. I'd say between it's high demand and the fact it has yet to get a port makes people revert to illegal emulation.

VGA is a even better example of the WTF just happened. VGA won't grade a game unless it's sealed.
    As understatement and Bojay clearly pointed out, you have no idea what you are talking about. So let me try to put it in simple terms so that even you with your non-logic can understand. For every factory sealed game in my collection there are literally between hundreds of thousands and millions of other copies available to be purchased, either online, in retail stores or even flea markets and yard sales. If you wanted to have any of the games in my collection all you would need to do is pretty much what the majority of people on DP do: get a job and start working for a living. Once you accomplish this you will be able to afford the games you want. And because they are all readily available(to those that can afford them) there is no silly market manipulation going on.

Like I said in my first post, if you like sealed video game collecting--cool. If you don't like sealed video game collecting thats also cool. But don't try making up random bullshit to try and convince people that collectors of sealed games has any direct affect on you or anyone else who wants those same games. Eventually all major collectibles go up in price and video games are no different, rather they are sealed or not.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    As understatement and Bojay clearly pointed out, you have no idea what you are talking about. So let me try to put it in simple terms so that even you with your non-logic can understand. For every factory sealed game in my collection there are literally between hundreds of thousands and millions of other copies available to be purchased, either online, in retail stores or even flea markets and yard sales. If you wanted to have any of the games in my collection all you would need to do is pretty much what the majority of people on DP do: get a job and start working for a living. Once you accomplish this you will be able to afford the games you want. And because they are all readily available(to those that can afford them) there is no silly market manipulation going on.

Like I said in my first post, if you like sealed video game collecting--cool. If you don't like sealed video game collecting thats also cool. But don't try making up random bullshit to try and convince people that collectors of sealed games has any direct affect on you or anyone else who wants those same games. Eventually all major collectibles go up in price and video games are no different, rather they are sealed or not.
    1st off I'm not the first person in this thread to state that collecting in that particular manor affects others. About another half a dozen posters in this thread said similar statements.

2nd off you might want to look up what a opinion is. As the previous posters said there is no logic to this. It's a thread of people expressing their views on collecting sealed video games and collecting for the sake of collecting. With some off topic VGA discussion thrown in.

It's pretty obvious you're butthurt from peoples opinions on the particular subject. Makes sense. You admitted you have a ton of sealed games and your plan with them was to wait and sell for a monetary gain. You didn't say you were going to play them. All I'm doing is putting you on the spot and expressing my opinion on a particular habit of collecting and what I think of it. No different then when some of you talk negative of VGA collectors.
    Last edited by needler420; 03-19-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1st off I'm not the first person in this thread to state that collecting in that particular manor affects others. About another half a dozen posters in this thread said similar statements.
    You made this thread and thus gave the first post. So yes you are the first person to complain about sealed video game collectors affecting you. Way to show your lack of intelligence.

2nd off you might want to look up what a opinion is. As the previous posters said there is no logic to this. It's a thread of people expressing their views on collecting sealed video games and collecting for the sake of collecting. With some off topic VGA discussion thrown in.
    You might want to look over my last post again, in which I stated
    "Like I said in my first post, if you like sealed video game collecting--cool. If you don't like sealed video game collecting thats also cool."
    So obviously I don't have a problem with other people's opinions on this subject rather they align with mine or not. You're now 0 for 2.

It's pretty obvious you're butthurt from peoples opinions on the particular subject. Makes sense. You admitted you have a ton of sealed games and your plan with them was to wait and sell for a monetary gain. You didn't say you were going to play them. All I'm doing is putting you on the spot and expressing my opinion on a particular habit of collecting and what I think of it. No different then when some of you talk negative of VGA collectors.
    The only one who's butthurt is the person who made this thread because he's upset he can't afford certain games. So in his childish ranting he made a thread blaming sealed game collectors as his excuse for not being able to afford certain games because apparently they drive the price up. If only you had enough common sense to get a job like the rest of us.

And btw, since reading comprehension isn't one of your skill sets, in my first post I stated that I have playable copies for atleast 70-80% of my sealed games. So once again you are making shit up with your:

"You admitted you have a ton of sealed games and your plan with them was to wait and sell for a monetary gain. You didn't say you were going to play them."
    Um....what do you think playable copies are for? You need some serious ice for all that butthurt you have going on.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If only emulation existed then people who wanted to collect could collect, and people who wanted to play could play.

All kidding aside, everyone that buys video games is my competition and enemy.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

It's pretty obvious you're butthurt.
    Ouch.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Final Boss's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dashopepper View Post
    All kidding aside, everyone that buys video games is my competition and enemy.
    Wow. Just..wow.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Is it just me, or is the quality of topics in the Classic Gaming section at an all-time low right now? Just to name a few, we have "Why do you collect games?", "Do you play your games?", and "What do you think of sealed games?" Christ, what a braindead assortment of topic concepts. The answer to every one of them for me, and I assume almost everybody else as it's the logical conclusion to draw given the very freakin' title of the board, is "I buy games because I like to play games". I know I'm not helping by bumping this topic up and I know my tolerance for these kinds of topics is way lower than for a newbie, but I hope my complaining can maybe help inspire people to create more worthwhile topics.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Is it just me, or is the quality of topics in the Classic Gaming section at an all-time low right now? Just to name a few, we have "Why do you collect games?", "Do you play your games?", and "What do you think of sealed games?" Christ, what a braindead assortment of topic concepts. The answer to every one of them for me, and I assume almost everybody else as it's the logical conclusion to draw given the very freakin' title of the board, is "I buy games because I like to play games". I know I'm not helping by bumping this topic up and I know my tolerance for these kinds of topics is way lower than for a newbie, but I hope my complaining can maybe help inspire people to create more worthwhile topics.
    If you don't like the topics you're free to start your own that are better than everyone elses.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post
    If you don't like the topics you're free to start your own that are better than everyone elses.

Very well said.

He's probably too busy buying games more then playing them.

I mean if someone owns like 1,000 games but played only like 100 of them then you can't expect them to make good topics. Unless you want to hear about their nostaglia for their childhood games and the same repetitive thing.

The reason there are lots of topics similar is because people are expressing their opinion on what they think is a stupid habit. Between the VGA and a new breed of collectors out there it's not that surprising.

What's even funnier is watching the collectors come out the wood work all butt hurt saying that are opinions are pointless and were forcing our views down peoples throats. I tell them the samething back I think their opinion is pointless.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Strongly agree. I started to notice this a month or two ago as we had a small influx of new forum members who seemed unable to find the search function to check for older posts regarding the same issues and had little interest in making meaningful contributions and instead seemed bent on continually posting topics of limited interest or which were clearly meant to troll. Honestly, I am spending less and less time here and have found that the level of discussion has continued to decline in the past few years with the OP being yet another prime example. It used to be that I loved this forum because we rarely needed moderation as everyone was fairly mature and intelligent and shared a love of playing and collecting video games. Sadly, I don't think that's the case anymore.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Very well said.

I mean if someone owns like 1,000 games but played only like 100 of them then you can't expect them to make good topics. Unless you want to hear about their nostaglia for their childhood games and the same repetitive thing.

The reason there are lots of topics similar is because people are expressing their opinion on what they think is a stupid habit. Between the VGA and a new breed of collectors out there it's not that surprising.

What's even funnier is watching the collectors come out the wood work all butt hurt saying that are opinions are pointless and were forcing our views down peoples throats. I tell them the samething back I think their opinion is pointless.
    This is a website designed by and for collectors of video games. Did you miss that giant description on the landing page? I'm really not sure why you're here other than to troll. If you're not a collector, that's cool, but most of us here are and we don't need or appreciate your trolling.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    This is a website designed by and for collectors of video games. Did you miss that giant description on the landing page? I'm really not sure why you're here other than to troll. If you're not a collector, that's cool, but most of us here are and we don't need or appreciate your trolling.
    *facepalm dude* So much fail man.

The front of the homepage says

Video Game Collectors and Retrogamers UNITE!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

*facepalm dude* So much fail man.

The front of the homepage says

Video Game Collectors and Retrogamers UNITE!
    I'm guessing you're probably 12 years old given your liberal use of terms like "fail" and "butthurt", but here is the description of the site at the top of the front landing page for your reference -

"Digital Press is dedicated to the "Pac-rats" among video gamers... those with short attention spans, library-sized collections, and consoles precariously wired in a web-like fashion. Does this sound like you? Check around - we cover just about everything "retro" including Atari, Nintendo, SEGA, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Vectrex, and Odyssey, as well as all of the other consoles, both new and old."

So, the very people you are criticizing are the same people this site was dedicated to and designed for. Maybe you'd be happier elsewhere. Is there a Club Penguin or Winx Club forum somewhere you could join?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

I'm guessing you're probably 12 years old given your liberal use of terms like "fail" and "butthurt", but here is the description of the site at the top of the front landing page for your reference -

"Digital Press is dedicated to the "Pac-rats" among video gamers... those with short attention spans, library-sized collections, and consoles precariously wired in a web-like fashion. Does this sound like you? Check around - we cover just about everything "retro" including Atari, Nintendo, SEGA, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Vectrex, and Odyssey, as well as all of the other consoles, both new and old."

So, the very people you are criticizing are the same people this site was dedicated to and designed for. Maybe you'd be happier elsewhere. Is there a Club Penguin or Winx Club forum somewhere you could join?
    Are you that ignorant to not realize this site is not only for collectors? Did you not see that RETRO GAMERS unite! I am a retro gamer.

I'm aware that many collectors are on this site. Thanks for pointing something so obvious out. Guess what though you don't have to be a collector of video games to use this site. I am expressing a opinion on a form of collecting as other similar threads have. All you do is keep on getting butthurt 24/7 and calling me a troll.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are you that ignorant to not realize this site is not only for collectors? Did you not see that RETRO GAMERS unite! I am a retro gamer.

I'm aware that many collectors are on this site. Thanks for pointing something so obvious out. Guess what though you don't have to be a collector of video games to use this site. I am expressing a opinion on a form of collecting as other similar threads have. All you do is keep on getting butthurt 24/7 and calling me a troll.
    Because that's what you are unfortunately. This site is dedicated to "pac-rats" and people with library sized collections. The very people you have attacked repeatedly in this thread. You're welcome to your opinion and to participate on the site, but going somewhere designed and dedicated to people who are collectors of video games and then attacking those same people for collecting in the very manner the site is designed to support is classic trolling.

Instead of focusing on making your argument in an intellectual and well thought out manner, you repeatedly attack and name call anyone who has a different opinion than your own. You did the same thing on CAG and you were suspended. You've expressed your opinion. Others have expressed theirs. This same topic has been debated for years. You're not right and either is anybody else because it's all a matter of personal opinion. Hopefully the mods will lock this thread up just like they have locked up all the others that have debated the same issue over and over and over again.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Because that's what you are unfortunately. This site is dedicated to "pac-rats" and people with library sized collections. The very people you have attacked repeatedly in this thread. You're welcome to your opinion and to participate on the site, but going somewhere designed and dedicated to people who are collectors of video games and then attacking those same people for collecting in the very manner the site is designed to support is classic trolling.

Instead of focusing on making your argument in an intellectual and well thought out manner, you repeatedly attack and name call anyone who has a different opinion than your own. You did the same thing on CAG and you were suspended. You've expressed your opinion. Others have expressed theirs. This same topic has been debated for years. You're not right and either is anybody else because it's all a matter of personal opinion. Hopefully the mods will lock this thread up just like they have locked up all the others that have debated the same issue over and over and over again.
    Again this site is not just dedicated to collectors. It's also for retro gamers. Keep waiting you're time.

And I was suspended from CAG for derailing threads after I was told to stop. Not for attacking people or name calling as you make it out to be. Basically exactly what you're doing to my thread derailing it hoping for mods to lock it.

It even said that on my ban. It said take a week off since you can't seem to stop derailing threads after told not to.
    Last edited by needler420; 03-20-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Very well said.

If you weren't behaving like such a troll, showed a little respect to the established community you've recently joined, and actually spent a little time reading and learning about the people and atmosphere here, you might realize the half dozen incorrect things you wrote in that post. Alas, you've already previously demonstrated your complete lack of reading comprehension ability, in a topic I created no less. Apparently your memory is just as poor.

If you honestly believe that the majority of the people here just collect for the sake of collecting, and you have a problem with that, why are you here? Sorry to break it to you, but most of the regulars have pretty large collections. If you're on some crusade against collectors and people who have big backlogs, I don't think you'll find much company around here. But contrary to what you may believe, most people here DO enjoying playing the games they buy, even if they don't have enough time to play through every single one of them just yet. If you want to talk to gamers who have more free time than games, go to GameFAQs and talk to some 13-year-olds. Otherwise put on your big boy pants and accept the fact that adults have things to do and can't necessarily play through every game they own right now, whether they want to or not.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, I change my mind. I don't think he's a troll. I think he's a prankster. This is some elaborate ruse, some set up. What's the punchline, needler?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by o.pwuaioc View Post
    What's the punchline, needler?
    ...butthurt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by o.pwuaioc View Post
    OK, I change my mind. I don't think he's a troll. I think he's a prankster. This is some elaborate ruse, some set up. What's the punchline, needler?
    His UN is "Needler"... which sort of suggests he will be annoying!

This is about the 1000th topic which has degenerated in to:

"Sealed game collectors are fools? Why aren't you playing the games?! They are GAMES"
    "Collecting is about collecting stuff and having it in good condition! People collect stranger stuff! I like to collected them!"
    "I don't give a toss either way, if it makes you happy, just do it"

With a hint of:

"The VGA is ruining the market."
    "The VGA and their customers are idiots."
    "I've got a 95 rated game in a carbonite tomb that will survive the apocalypse! Joke is on you suckers!"

All I have to add is..

I own a Mega CD. It is fantastic. Rather than bitching on the internets go out and buy one. You'll hate it, but you'll love it at the same time. It's like oogling a picture of Diana Rigg from her glory days. Sure, you know she is old and wrinkly now, but damn it she was hot back then.