Thread: Most Morbid Games Ever (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default Most Morbid Games Ever (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART)

Alright I have a feeling this will get locked early on but I gotta try it to see what we can make of it

We done topics on Wackiest games ever, Scariest games ever, funniest games ever, most dramatic games ever, weirdest games ever

Well thanks to a game I downloaded on my Iphone last night (which I will describe later in this post) I want to find out what is the most morbid games ever made. Could be console releases or it could be independent PC releases or smart device releases. And how this seperates from the weirdest and the scariest topics. I am talking about a game that makes you play it and go "oh my god what the hell possessed them to make such a thing" with gore or very horrific themes that are perhaps fictional or play out a very realistic future or past.

I will give 2 examples

1. JFK Assassination Reloaded.

Ever wanted to know how Lee Harvey Oswald was able to shoot the late John F Kennedy in that fateful day in the motorcade?
    Well now here is your shot (pun intended!)! You play as Oswald perched up with your rifle watching the motorcade go by and shoot JFK.

Now before you go and say this is a complete tasteless game about one of the nations greatest presidents. Think of it as like this.
    This simulation was made to show you as the player how Oswald was able to make the shot that day under those circumstances since there is a conspiracy theory that I am sure your all aware of that states Oswald couldn't have done it.

and the other example is a game I found out about yesterday that is available on Android smart devices and IOS smart devices.

2. Plague INC

Ever wondered what it would take for a real plague to go out and destroy the world of its human race as we know it?
    This game will do that. And it will do it with a very scary realistic fashion.

You start out by selecting your disease you want to infect the world with. Bacteria, Virus, Fungus, Parasite, Prion, Nano-Virus (ya know the lil microscopic robots they put in you to investigate your body and/or heal you, Bio-Weapon, Neurax Worm, and Necroa Virus (Zombie plague!).

Pick a country in the world that you would like to start your plague in. And watch it unfurl. Now the object of the game is to destroy the entire planets population. It will spread by travel (plane boat whatever) or by other sources (carried in the air or carried by birds or rats or mosquitoes and other means). And the people will try to fight back by trying to create a cure to stop your plague before its too late. But they give you the options through a point system to purchase ways to evolve your plague in its behavior. What is it resistant to how deadly it can be ect ect ect.
    The game keeps track of charts how the whole thing pans out including telling you how long it took for your plague to do its thing in days.

What I find frightening in this simulator is how realistic it is although its just a simple map with a bunch of info blips. Very interesting on what can sneak up and take you out before you even know what hit you.

So what are you choices of very morbid/grotesque games that some how made their way to the public.
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 03-13-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The most morbid game I won't even mention by name, let's just say that it was banned in Japan after international outcry.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    The most morbid game I won't even mention by name, let's just say that it was banned in Japan after international outcry.
    Starts with an r?

I'll nominate super columbine massacre RPG. I'm on my phone now so I can't provide links, but just google the name if you're curious. What's crazy is its actually pretty well made. And when the shooters kill themselves they go to hell. It looks like doom and plays the level 1 doom theme while you have to fight all the basic doom bad guys. As twisted as it is, it's pretty clever as well.

Though I haven't played it, a new independent pc game called hotline Miami is getting lots of press for its extreme and wanton violence.

Insert Coin (Level 0) figment1988's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for me, the most morbid franchise would have to be Manhunt. It's one of those games which has garnered so much controversy (especially the first one because your character is asked to murder people who are hunting him down as gruesomely brutal as possible all for the sake of some director who is making snuff films for the fun of it). Ironically enough, i'm a fan of horror movies such as the Nightmare on Elm Street that has visited gore-filled haunts such as Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando. But there's something about murdering others in cold blood for someone's sickening intentions that make me feel that Manhunt just crosses that line.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wont mention title names but the games created by the National Alliance (aka, White Power scumbag shitheads) are morbid, disgusting, extremely racist (obviously) and downright terrible games that should not exist.

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This one's gotta be up there:

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Death Race (Arcade)
    Chiller (arcade)
    Mortal Kombat (arcade/gen)
    GTA: San Andreas (multi)
    Manhunt (multi)
    Ethnic Cleansing (PC)
    White Law (PC)
    Super Columbine RPG (PC)
    ZOGs' NIGHTMARE (PC)
    ZOGs' NIGHTMARE II : THE WAR CONTINUES (PC)
    Bullet to the Head of the NRA (PC)
    Last edited by buzz_n64; 03-14-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Rapelay? If yes, we actually had a topic about that game here at one time.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Exidy's chiller for the arcade is another doozie.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    Exidy's chiller for the arcade is another doozie.
    I played that at an arcade before, its certainly beyond violent....especially in those days

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even the NES version managed to be pretty damn dark.

...due to the fact that it was unlicensed, of course.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

DEFCON.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Watched game play of the white power games. Im not offended by the music, or the message. But the games.....the games themselves, those are morbid. As a white man I fear the white power movement if not only for the gaming culture we would end up with if they had their way.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Also, the new Splatterhouse game is supposedly the bloodiest game ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Missile Command...also Milipede. OH GOD SO MUCH DDT IT'S IN MY LUNGS

I remember writing some shamefully stupid things here about the JFK reloaded game when it was released.

I actually enjoy the hell out of Chiller; yes, it's possible without being sadistic. I would just as soon play any of Exidy's other lightgun games, though, like Cheyenne or Crossbow. (Lots of titles starting with C there.)

For something much more recent - there are a number of somewhat morbid Hidden Object Games from Mystery P.I., particularly the Ravenheast series. The latest one is wacky as hell but not really morbid. The second one, though...has some rather dark moments, definitely.

Other than that I'm drawing a blank about truly horrifying games. Has anybody played I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream? If it's true to the source material then it must be up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDiablo View Post
    Watched game play of the white power games. Im not offended by the music, or the message.
    I'm ready to trip over my own feet to be the first to proclaim that I dislike the white power message. We're all mongrels, but they're stuffed full of shit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I read the title of this thread I thought "Oh, Majora's Mask is pretty morbid".

Then I saw Rapelay raise its ugly head and references to White Power idiots. Never played a WP game. Are they as hilariously awful as I imagine?

Have you ever played the JFK game? I remember when it was first released and there was a competition to see if anyone could replicate Lee Harvey Oswald's feat - is that still going? You got a really detailed breakdown of your performance afterwards. Whilst fairly tasteless it was interesting in a strange way.

EDIT: End of the video just loaded - the breakdown is still there.