Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Indecom4000
    Steam
    Indecom

Default Empire Eden: Intense Sidescrolling Action

Hey Mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place. I wanted to share with you guys since you seem like a pretty cool crowd, the project that I've been hard at work developing the past couple of months. This is a labor of love that our entire dev team has been pouring our hearts into, and it's been incredibly tricky to find a good venue for it. Greenlight has been an almost completely terrible experience, full of haters and flamers who tear us down because the game doesn't look like Crysis. Hopefully you guys will enjoy what we've been trying to accomplish.

For the past month and a half, New Horizon Gaming LLC has been hard at work on their first commercial release, Empire Eden, a run and gun action rpg inspired by games like Metal Slug, Contra Hard Corps, Metroid, and Castlevania. This game is the first of it's kind to combine intense and frantic action in a bullet hell style platform shooter, with a deep and engrossing role playing cinematic story.

Being a new indie dev team, we need your help spreading the word. Support us on kickstarter so that we can keep ourselves fed long enough to finish and release the game! Have any comments? Post it! Suggestions? Post it! We want to make this game as awesome as possible.

GREENLIGHT

Thank you for reading! Remember to visit our website at EmpireEden.com!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Guy needs to save girl, am I on the right track?

Looks lovely in that classical 16-bit fashion, you've got my praise for that.

One comment to make - I hope the game has plenty of stuff to do vertically. It's a shame to have a jump button and then have the player continually going up-down-up-down and so on, at least outside an arcade game setting (Data East woo).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The character you play as reminds me of a Turbo Grafx game, I forget the name though, do you know which game Im talking about?

Your game looks good. DOnt listen to idiotic FPS fans, I made a whole thread about the problems that genre has caused for games.

The main charachter is of course Adam, and the girl who is naked is Eve, so Im interested in how the cowboys and the other woman fit into it, Im really interested in the story now.
    Last edited by SOL BADGUY; 03-15-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Indecom4000
    Steam
    Indecom

Quote Originally Posted by SOL BADGUY View Post
    The character you play as reminds me of a Turbo Grafx game, I forget the name though, do you know which game Im talking about?

Your game looks good. DOnt listen to idiotic FPS fans, I made a whole thread about the problems that genre has caused for games.

The main charachter is of course Adam, and the girl who is naked is Eve, so Im interested in how the cowboys and the other woman fit into it, Im really interested in the story now.
    Thanks for the support so far guys, really hard to break out as Indie devs when the majority of the population wants more crazy detailed fps games lol. However i am looking forward to doom 4.

And you're both kinda close, but not quite. The story doesnt revolve around rescuing your damsel, although at some point there is some distress, and they are most definitely not adam and eve, just a native tribal people who's lives are about to experience a great deal of hardship.

Also we've been pining over the idea lately to implement support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality hmd within the game. What do you guys think?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

It looks like you guys were influenced quite a bit by shadow of the beast 2. (That's a good thing). Looks cool! Keep us updated.

And the tg16 game sol bad guy is thinking of is the legendary axe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Contra with naked chicks. WIN!

I don't really have anything to contribute gameplay wise without actually playing the demo, but the trailer looks pretty neat. It looks like main characters are taking hits in every scene. Is the difficulty going to be like Contra as well? I'll have to try this out soon (too late right now).

But I don't believe you on greenlight. The majority of unique comments are positive. There's only a couple of trolls and your team keeps feeding and arguing with them. Please stop and cater to the crowd that wants these types of games; the rest of the community can STFU.

I upvoted you on greenlight.