Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's one thing that you regret selling/getting rid of?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny how I sold off my 2 Qty C64 Computers X 2 Qty 1541 Disk drive and a hugh box of C64 games. Manic Mansion was in the box which now sells for a lot. So was Wasteland, Infocon Games, and The Castles of Dr. Creep. All as new in original boxes. Computers and disk drives where in original boxes.
    1541 had a turbo load switch and another switch to made it a 9 instead of 8 for two disk system. Sold for $75.00 at garage sale.
    Had a new PC at the time. In my infinite wisdom I couldn't part with my beloved Ultima and Origin Games and RPG's. But sold them all off years later because I needed cash.
    Sold Sega CDX. Boxed and complete SNES Final Phantasy 2 and Three. Guy I bought them off slit the shrink wrap and slid games out all like new. Every 16 bit system and Neo Geo home system. Every PS1 RPG in new condition. Sega Saturn RPG's, Alberts Odyssey,Shining Force, The list goes on. Now I am buying back my favorites. Oh well, I may be selling off again in the future. I guess the main thing is to have fun and enjoy whatever you play or collect. At one point Lucas Arts contacted and was buying some Lucas Arts game off me for there archives. Didn't get very much for the stuff I sold them. Origin Museum bought some games from me as well. All gone now. Thats the way life is, just go with the flow. Need to let things go for other collectors.
    Well all I can say is, Crusader: No Regrets
    Crusader: No Remorse
    I need to try games on GOG.
    Last edited by GameGeizer; 05-07-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I regret trading the stuff that is hard to come by now without paying a premium. Old NES and SNES games that are over $50 now, my 3DO, and my gray cart Rage Wars. It sucks knowing that I sold these things for pennies just because I didn't play them very often.

Anything else I've owned is still pretty easily replaced.

TE Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

back in the 90's I had a 32X w/ box and around 8 games for it. I wish I still had this to go with my Genesis 2 as a combo probably traded it all for PS1 game or two then. Sometimes when you think you are upgrading, you really are downgrading big time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turboexpress View Post
    back in the 90's I had a 32X w/ box and around 8 games for it. I wish I still had this to go with my Genesis 2 as a combo probably traded it all for PS1 game or two then. Sometimes when you think you are upgrading, you really are downgrading big time.
    Sounds like me in the early 90's selling and trading for the latest console.For some older consoles i been able to replace and get the same games again,plus more.For others not so much like the snes i rarely buy for it unless i find a good deal.

TE Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Sounds like me in the early 90's selling and trading for the latest console.For some older consoles i been able to replace and get the same games again,plus more.For others not so much like the snes i rarely buy for it unless i find a good deal.
    yeah like me trading NES with over 75 games plus accessories for a Turbografx-16 with Keith Courage. I can't believe that stupid kid was me. So dumb, illogical and irrational.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

yeah like me trading NES with over 75 games plus accessories for a Turbografx-16 with Keith Courage. I can't believe that stupid kid was me. So dumb, illogical and irrational.
    That's rough, but at least Keith Courage is fun... Sometimes I think I'm his only fan. I picked up all five of his games, I liked it so much, but the Turbo game is my favorite, and is still one of my favorite TG16 games even after getting most of the other good stuff and a bunch of awesome PCE games.

TE Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    That's rough, but at least Keith Courage is fun... Sometimes I think I'm his only fan. I picked up all five of his games, I liked it so much, but the Turbo game is my favorite, and is still one of my favorite TG16 games even after getting most of the other good stuff and a bunch of awesome PCE games.
    I don't mind Keith. I know many people hate it. I enjoy it. I'm just wondering what games I had in that pile of NES games. I only remember about dozen games I had overall, but it was so long ago that there might have been gems in that whole pile. Kids make mistakes, and that's ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What's that about 'picking up all five of his games'?

Anyway I don't get the hate for Keith Courage. I enjoyed it when I had a system. Sure it's a basic designed platformer, but it was pretty nicely made. I've played far worse on the 8bit era stuff and some 16bit too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Giving away my original Xbox 360's 20 gig hard drive. Upgraded to a new 120 gig HDD, and didn't think I'd have any use for it again.

But I now own an arcade model without a hard drive, that I'd like to pair with an external hard drive when that upcoming feature at long last goes public (a decade later than it should've been). But to enable compatibility with original Xbox games (Mainly, to play Atari Anthology in HD and a half dozen Xbox Originals downloads I foolishly bought), I'm sure that I'll still need an actual 360 hard drive as well.

So I'll probably end up paying $20-$30, for something I gave away several years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    What's that about 'picking up all five of his games'?

Anyway I don't get the hate for Keith Courage. I enjoyed it when I had a system. Sure it's a basic designed platformer, but it was pretty nicely made. I've played far worse on the 8bit era stuff and some 16bit too.
    Keith Courage is part of the Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru series. The first game, actually. Second was Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru Gaiden, a nifty action RPG on Famicom, then the two Mazekko Monster games on GB, which are unfortunately just crummy monster raising sims, and then Cho Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru: Another Step on Playstation, a fun little RPG.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Keith Courage is a decent game, I would consider it good but not fantastic.
    I think J.J. & Jeff is an early turbo game that is under appreciated. Its a challenging game and once you get used to the controls its really fun. I never really noticed it until I saw the GameCenter CX episode where it is featured. The japanese version has alot of poops which were removed from the US version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

When i had a nes i did the same thing in the early 90's.It wasn't until a few years ago i instead bought a famicom av.For that console i didn't spend to much,unlike the nes market where it has become pricey.I thought keith courage was a ok game but a choice poor for a pack-in.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 05-12-2015 at 03:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

JJ & Jeff isn't bad, I had that in my stack of HuCards back in the 90s, not excellent but ignored and is good.

Shame the other Keith games are junk/unplayable really unless you like known Japanese or are into monster raising. More in the style of the TG game would be welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The famicom game is quite good and fairly accessible, and I hear there's a translation patch these days. The GB games are, though, sadly junk.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Madcatz Steering Wheel w/ Pedals and large cartridge holder for Nintendo 64

I've been looking for another for years and could never find them. Really sucks not to be near a flea market.
    Collecting:
    Nintendo 64 Games & Accessories, Sonic the Hedgehog Series, Playstation Demo Disks (I got a soft spot for them)
    My Collection List (Still Updating): http://vgcollect.com/NightBlader

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definitely my Smurf Colecovision cartridge.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Definitely my Smurf Colecovision cartridge.
    Was there a sentimental attachment? That game is pretty cheap and common, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Usually when it's not a money reason it's something sentimental or practical. I mean I didn't go there in my other posts, but damn did I ever greatly regret selling my DSLite off when the DSi came out. Nintendo talked it up a lot, made it like they'd keep it for a few years and it would get the GBC treatment. It dies in under two years, has 4 retail games, all turds, and then not bothering to mention the dozens of others that were coded for it but not marked that made them run a lot better or added stuff. I would have rather kept the DS Lite, had a badass GBA player with a very nice screen and speakers attached to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I sold my Turbo CD hardware a number of years back, and that has definitely come back to haunt me.

Also a rgb modded 3DO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My white Nintendo DS.

Back then I had more discretionary income and now I have less of it.