Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: General Humble Bundle/Weekly Sale Thread

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default General Humble Bundle/Weekly Sale Thread

So, this is new. Instead of just a $5 bundle of games, they have a weekly sale where you can get the game and some other neat stuff as well.

The first one is Bastion.

For $1, Unlock Bastion on Steam and DRM-free downloads.

For minimum, Digital Soundtrack (MP3/FLAC), Bastion Digital Art Pack, Bastion Sheet Music, Bastion iPhone/Android Ringtones.

For $25+, Bastion Bandana, Bastion Original, Soundtrack CD, Bastion Postcard, Transistor Postcard.

That's pretty awesome. Hope weekly really means weekly.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
    Last edited by JSoup; 02-18-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    So, this is new. Instead of just a $5 bundle of games, they have a weekly sale where you can get the game and some other neat stuff as well.

The first one is Bastion.

For $1, Unlock Bastion on Steam and DRM-free downloads.

For minimum, Digital Soundtrack (MP3/FLAC), Bastion Digital Art Pack, Bastion Sheet Music, Bastion iPhone/Android Ringtones.

For $25+, Bastion Bandana, Bastion Original, Soundtrack CD, Bastion Postcard, Transistor Postcard.

That's pretty awesome. Hope weekly really means weekly.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this. I get kind of a sour taste in my mouth like I did with the Humble THQ bundle. I hope they continue distributing bundles along with this. If they stop that practice, it'll be a big shame, and I'll be pretty bummed out. Humble bundle was one of the best things to happen, EVER.

As far as Bastion goes; if you don't already have it, it's worth way more than $1, and even if you do, the inclusion of the soundtrack for about $3 would make this worthy as well. Though unless you're really wanting to support the developers, the $25 package is a bit lacking. A hard copy of the soundtrack, a bandana, and a few postcards doesn't seem worth it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm sort of hoping this replaces the bundle for a while. Many of the bundles have repeat games in them and I'm sure I'm not the only one who pauses to consider if the remaining games in a bundle I don't have are worth the $5 or so I'm going to spend (the previous bundle is an example of one I found not worth it, simply because I already had most of the games). These weekly ones will allow them to break up the bundles into individual sales with perks. I'd pay $3 for Botanica if it was offered for that, as an example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

I'm sort of hoping this replaces the bundle for a while. Many of the bundles have repeat games in them and I'm sure I'm not the only one who pauses to consider if the remaining games in a bundle I don't have are worth the $5 or so I'm going to spend (the previous bundle is an example of one I found not worth it, simply because I already had most of the games). These weekly ones will allow them to break up the bundles into individual sales with perks. I'd pay $3 for Botanica if it was offered for that, as an example.
    Doesn't make sense. If only one game you want is in the bundle, then it's worth the 5-6 dollars you'll pay since you would have to pay close to same amount elsewhere. You'll get the soundtracks as well, and the games are free of DRM. Last bundle had shank 2, and even though I already had the game, I would have paid the 6 dollars JUST for that soundtrack. Considering that most commercially available game soundtracks go for around $9.99 on amazon, you're getting a good deal.

Plus, you get extra steam keys for repeat games; I usually just give those to my family members, so nothing really goes to waste. You're also looking at one game for $3 vs 8 or so games for $7. You spend way more with the one game a week.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zthun View Post
    If only one game you want is in the bundle, then it's worth the 5-6 dollars you'll pay since you would have to pay close to same amount elsewhere. You'll get the soundtracks as well, and the games are free of DRM. Last bundle had shank 2, and even though I already had the game, I would have paid the 6 dollars JUST for that soundtrack. Considering that most commercially available game soundtracks go for around $9.99 on amazon, you're getting a good deal.
    Subjective. The only person who can decide if a game is a good deal for me is me. If I can't find a game at a price I want, I'll either wait until I can find the game at the price I want or just pirate it (or maybe borrow it, depends on the situation).

Sound tracks are usless to me. Sure, I'm getting a financial deal on something that normally costs $9+, but if I don't want it what am I really gaining?

Plus, you get extra steam keys for repeat games; I usually just give those to my family members, so nothing really goes to waste.
    Situational and will be different for everyone. Everyone I know that would be interested in a code for any of the bundle games no longer needs it, as they bought the bundle just like I did.

You're also looking at one game for $3 vs 8 or so games for $7. You spend way more with the one game a week.
    You're assuming I'm going to be jumping on every sale every week, which just isn't going to happen. Additionally, your math is off. The lowest price I can pay is $1 for the game and the game is all I need. So it's 8 or so games for $8 (at one game a week) vs. 8 or so games for $7 all at once. Given that the difference in price is so small, I have to make my purchase based on the game selection.
    Last edited by JSoup; 03-26-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I also like this one game a week because each game you get is $1 minimum. Which I won't lie, I'm going to pay $1 since I dislike digital and haven't played any of the games I got on any of the bundles except two. Plus I'm cheap. This way I'll only pay for the games I want. If I already own the game or the game doesn't interest me, then I'll pass on it, but if it's something that I'm actually interested in, then I'll get it. Also no paying the average to get specific games either.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not really sure that I get the point. If a person wanted just that one game then wouldn't they have likely already picked it up from Steam or directly from the developer?

Also, I can understand why a developer would want their game featured in a bundle but why would they want to sell their game this way and basically compete against their own stores?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    I'm not really sure that I get the point. If a person wanted just that one game then wouldn't they have likely already picked it up from Steam or directly from the developer?
    You'd think that, but you'd be underestimating how cheap people can be. Bastion looks nice, but I wasn't going to pay $15 for it (specifically because it's a digital download, I don't like paying more than $10 at the most for a game I can't even physically touch). I got it via an Indie Bundle for something like $4. There is the possibility that someone might be trying buying it as a cheap gift.

Also, I can understand why a developer would want their game featured in a bundle but why would they want to sell their game this way and basically compete against their own stores?
    It's a strange quark of digital downloads, I find.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So, new weekly sale is up.

$1 for Darksiders (with OST) & Red Faction: Armageddon (with OST & Path of War DLC).
    Beat the average for Darksiders II (with OST) & Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Sorta tempted on this one, specifically for cheap ass Darksiders II, although I'd prefer it on the PS3 and I'm not sure my PC can even run the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sorta tempted on this one, specifically for cheap ass Darksiders II, although I'd prefer it on the PS3 and I'm not sure my PC can even run the game.
    If screen tearing bothers you I'd recommend getting the PC version. Also, Darksiders 2 isn't that great anyways. It's a larger game, but the combat is worse and the story is boring.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

New sales for this week:

$1 for:
    Red Orchestra (+ OST)
    Red Orchestra 2 (Game of the Year Edition + OST)

Minimum for:
    Killing Floor (OST + 11 DLC packs)
    Last edited by JSoup; 04-03-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Kinda interesting sale this week:

For $1:
    Flotilla
    Atom Zombie Smasher (+ OST)
    Air Forte (+OST)

For minimum:
    Thirty Flights of Loving (+ OST)

Flotilla doesn't look particularly interesting and Air Forte reminds me of the educational games I played in elementary school. Atom Zombie Smasher isn't bad, but it's been given out a few different times in other bundles so I imagine many buyers already have it. Thirty Flights of Loving is a kind of platforming point-and-click that can be completed in 10 or so minutes. Everyone I know that's played it has recommended it (supposedly the Steam version comes with a copy of the first game).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

And now they are stopping the weekly sales for a bit. Didn't think this would last.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

With all the recent gaming news being bad news, there's thankfully some good news. The Humble Weekly Sale is back and this time with Alan Wake and Alan Wake American Nightmare. This time there doesn't seem to be any sort of pay the average, so spending $1 will get you both games and a lot of extra content. If they add some additional content, just pay the extra to get that too.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

this is one I got in on. heard a lot about Alan Wake being good, don't have a 360, cheap as all get out. can't go wrong!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ack! I got Alan Wake American Nightmare off of a Steam sale and I already have Alan Wake on Xbox. However, I don't have the DLC and the extras look very tempting.

Dammit...I'm buying.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hmm. I saw a stream of Alan Wake when it was new. Can't go wrong for $1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

After the crappy Double Fine bundle we almost immediately get a new bundle.

Humble Bundle 8 includes Hotline Miami if you pay atleast the average. That's all you need to know. If you own Hotline Miami already, this bundle also includes Awesomenauts, Little Inferno, Capsized, Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther, and also if you pay the average, Proteus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

A lot of Tell Tale games on the new Humble Weekly Sale. The Walking Dead is Steam only, but everything else is Steam and DRM free. Right now it's $3.71 if you want to get The Walking Dead $1 for everything else. I paid $3.71.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    A lot of Tell Tale games on the new Humble Weekly Sale. The Walking Dead is Steam only, but everything else is Steam and DRM free. Right now it's $3.71 if you want to get The Walking Dead $1 for everything else. I paid $3.71.
    Now this is a deal I can't miss out on. I already own Wallace & Gromit, Sam & Max (all three series) and Back to the Future on GOG, so I'm not too bothered about those games. The thing which caught my attention however was the Hector games which I have been meaning to buy for quite some time... and now I finally can play them.