Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Default Playstation + Sony customer service... wow

Hi I subscribed to ps+ on monday, I went to my local best buy and bought a 32g memory card to store the games for my vita. Ninja Gaiden was on the canadian website as a free ps+ game, along with wipeout 2048(which i already owned), uncharted , gravity rush. After I subscribed, I could not download Ninja Gaiden, the game I wanted most, it was not part of the ps+ program. http://ca.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/ its still advertised as of today even after I contacted them. contacted live chat support which was of no help, I asked to talk to a supervisor and told me he could not transfer me but they would call me back. And they never did. I called customer service, the supervisor told me basically to get lost and even tried to sell me a protection plan. I asked for his name but would not give it to me. This is the worst customer service I have experienced, and I figured they deserved this tread. After spending 135$ for the mem card and ps+, I expect to get what I paid for. Here is a transcript of the customer service:

Mason N.: Hi, my name is Mason N.. How may I help you?
    me: hi i just got playstation plus, I wanted to download ninja gaiden sigma which is advertised as a free game download on your website, but its not free in psn store
    Mason N.: I see, Francis. I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
    me: http://ca.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/
    Mason N.: Thank you, I am just pulling up the Store now to see what is happening.
    Mason N.: I do apologize for this mix up, Francis. It appears that the Canadian website has not yet updated with the most recent Plus content. The content on the PS Store is the most up to date with PS Plus content.
    Mason N.: Being that today is Tuesday, we are updating our Store. It is possible that the Store has already completed that portion of the update, whereas the website should be updated later on.
    me: does look like false advertising to me... I subscribed to play this game
    me: it was there yesterday and still is
    me: I bought a 32g memory card to play these games yesterday and its not available... plus a 3 month membership
    Mason N.: Right, and today the Store is updating with new content. The new game that will be available for PS Vita is Tekken 6. Unfortunately, if Ninja Gaiden is no longer available for Plus members, there is no way for us to give it to you. I do apologize.
    me: I spent 135$ yesterday because i figured getting 3 full vita games was a good deal, i dont really care about tekken 6 which I played 3 years ago on psp...
    Mason N.: I truly understand your frustration, Francis. There are many other free games right now for Plus members on the PS Vita. Such as, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, and more. There is also 12 games free for the PS3. I am sorry, Francis, but there is just no way for me to give you Ninja Gaiden.
    me: Ive been a loyal customer for years, bought every sony system at launch,and the game is advertised on your website, so is this really how Sony handles customer care? even if the store is updated today, it still wasnt available yesterday? I feel cheated for getting the ps+, which is the reason i spent 135$ yesterday for an overpriced memory card and a + account
    me: I did get uncharted and gravity rush, thats 2 games, i already own wipeout so i really wanted ninja gaiden, this is the game i really wanted
    Mason N.: I completely understand where you are coming from, Francis, and if there was something that I could do to resolve this, I absolutely would. Unfortunately, if the content is not available on the Store anymore, my hands are tied. You will be able to download many games in the future to add to your collection. It will definitely be worth your money.
    me: I know more games will be available and ps+ is a good value in long term, but what made me subscribed was the ninja gaiden game. Its advertised as a game ON YOUR WEBSITE, if it wasnt there I would not have bought a memory card and ps+ account for 135$ yesterday, i would have bought the game...
    Mason N.: Unfortunately, there is just nothing that I am able to do, Francis. I understand that you could have purchased the game for much cheaper, but wanted to get it from PS Plus while still being able to get all of the other benefits. I am very sorry, Francis. It is possible that the game will be available for Plus members again in the future.
    me: I understand its not your fault, and its your job to answer problems. But really, i have to waste my time here and there is nothing you can do about it? When I pay for something thats advertised, i expect to have what I bought. your answer is unacceptable. I am a loyal customer and i did not get what i payed for. period.
    Mason N.: Unfortunately, I just do not have the authority or ability to provide this game to you, Francis. My hands are tied at this point.
    me: So who as the autority?
    Mason N.: I don't know that anybody does, it is not something that I am able to do.
    me: Dont you have a superior, do i have to contact Howard Stringer or Kaz Hirai for a simple customer problem?
    Mason N.: There is no way for me to transfer a Chat to a supervisor, but, if you would like, I can call you directly and transfer you to one.
    me: sure
    Mason N.: What number would you like me to call.
    me: xxx xxx xxxx
    Mason N.: Thank you, give me just a few minutes to set up the call.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

That's bullshit and they should send you a physical copy.

I had a similar issue with best buy and I stopped shopping there because of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the one hand, customer service numbers are always a gamble. At the very least you got someone who spoke understandable English. I also don't understand why you can't get the game when it shows it's still available for Vita PS+ members on that linked page. The customer service rep even mentioned that you could still get Uncharted, Gravity Rush, etc, which all are on the same page as Ninja Gaiden. I'm not really sure what to tell you besides trying to call back again and asking to directly speak to a supervisor. They might not be able to help either but it's worth a shot, especially considering how much money you spent already. Also, Ninja Gaiden on PS Vita is currently $11.99 in Best Buy stores in case you end up not being able to get the download version.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

It's a known problem that other people complained about on other sites. Basically Sony didn't update their site, it was available in late January but it was scheduled to be removed on Feb 26th. They keep rotating the games available in the service, that page wasn't updated so it basically shows examples of the types of games that could be made available. You have to check their blog regularly to know what's coming and what's being removed from rotation.

http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/39664069

I agree that it's BS marketing, hopefully they'll still give it to you but it looks unlikely.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    me: it was there yesterday and still is
    me: I bought a 32g memory card to play these games yesterday and its not available... plus a 3 month membership
    Mason N.: Right, and today the Store is updating with new content. The new game that will be available for PS Vita is Tekken 6. Unfortunately, if Ninja Gaiden is no longer available for Plus members, there is no way for us to give it to you. I do apologize.
    I understand your frustration and I do think they should make more of an effort to rectify the situation for you.
    But judging by the above it seems to me you signed up for the program the day before they updated the games they offered. Just sounds like bad luck to me. I dont think its fair to accuse them of trying to scam consumers, sony just doesnt need to do that.
    I would have suggested to the customer service rep that your psn account be credited whatever it would cost to just buy the game from the psn store.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I would advise not using ca.playstation.com as a gauge for what is currently available at any given time.

Use this link and this link only (I think all of North America accesses through en-us, but check to see if there's a local CA version). This is the ACTUAL store and it's updated in-line with the actual on-console/portable PSN store:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...n-us/home/main

As far as getting a credit for Ninja Gaiden on Plus,

Keep calling, keep pressuring, keep expressing frustration.

You WILL likely expend a lot of time and emotional effort, but if it's worth it to you customer service almost always breaks down per a substantial amount of pressure and arguing.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    I understand your frustration and I do think they should make more of an effort to rectify the situation for you.
    But judging by the above it seems to me you signed up for the program the day before they updated the games they offered. Just sounds like bad luck to me. I dont think its fair to accuse them of trying to scam consumers, sony just doesnt need to do that.
    I would have suggested to the customer service rep that your psn account be credited whatever it would cost to just buy the game from the psn store.
    from what im told ninja gaiden was removed on feb 26... thats almost a full month
    I wasted a 2 hours and they made me feel like shit for asking what was advertised. But the cherry on top was is way of saying fuck you : would you be interested in ps vita insurance sir? with a very sarcastic voice. and refusing to tell me is name (he was a supervisor).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Honestly, it sounds very fair to accuse them of scamming consumers cause that's exactly what they did. I don't care if they're sony or not. Actions speak pretty loudly here. Just 'bad luck' is not an acceptable excuse.

This would be the acceptable solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I tried downloading the game on monday, and they told me it was updated on tuesday... and was still on the website on wednesday!!