Thread: Feel bad, selling old floppy games on eBay.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Feel bad, selling old floppy games on eBay.

I bought a collection of video games off of Craigslist that included a box full of old floppy computer games. Since they take up a good amount of room and I do not know anything about computer games I threw them up on ebay for $35 a piece because I couldn't find very many comps to see if anyone would bite. No one did.

So my problem is, while I was going through them and taking pictures I started to really be impressed by them. A lot of them come with posters and maps. Nuclear War has a postcard. Sorcerer's get all the Girls Has a class schedule with it. I Ching book with Windwalker. And Omega has a absolutely gigantic instruction manual with it. I also have kings nights and Might and Magic II.

So with these being so cool, I hate to give them up for 5 or 10 dollars a pop. Are these just common or bad games? Or are collectors just not out there? There is just a lot of neat packed in stuff I have not experienced With console gaming.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Some of those games are considered good or decent in the computer world, and computer gamers love their feelies.

I think the issue is that they're floppy-based versions. Most of the time, when you get a used Floppy game, the floppies are corrupted and there is no way to salvage the game, and I think that's why you're having a hard time selling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im a big cart collector in the atari 8 bit world. ( in my world ). When someone has floppys forsale I am interested but I am very skiddish. Bad disks games that arent for the atari 8 bit, personal data, not games or released licensed products are big concerns. Also knowing that how often am I going to be playing them leads me to look for very cheap prices on them 1.00 or less . Im sure someone out there collects and are willing to pay for em. I dont know anyone who will but Im sure they are there.
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Often I find the game, box, and goodies are what you are paying for, and they are worth more. I can usually find a copy of the game somewhere on the web.

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

I have been amazed at some of the prices I got for old IBM games i found at thrift stores. I collect games I can play and sell those i can't. When the commodore sx-64 and Packard Bell left so did the interest in keeping uber heavy items. But back to it. I had a few games for ibm and posted for 5 USD and they sold for around 80 USD I was shocked considering there where other listings similar to mine that didnt sell at all. It all has to do with your picture and clear wording about what you have. As for the not wanting to get rid of them Thats where its all you. I love collecting and do sadly have games I will never play just love the loot.