Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are "hardcore" gamers ruining the industry?

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I've got a small list of companies I refuse to buy product from so it's not just a gaming thing and it's not some political garbage or environmental thing, just anything from dirty pool, slimy tactics, or so mentally offensive ad campaigns I want nothing to do with the product/company. As others in here have said, you vote with your wallet and I do.
    I'm not looking to get into this debate but I do agree with this statement completely.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems odd to blame the more hardcore gamers for the way things age going, they are such a small part of the market.

If anything, Its the people dropping 60 dollars a title that enable companies to maintain the status quo. If I complain about brown and grey shooters or waggle games, but reward the people making them I should not be alarmed when they continue to be made.

On the other hand, If I spend that 60 dollars on 4 older games, then I'm getting more game for my money, but less ability to signal the market in my preferred direction. So I still really shouldn't be surprised when buying habits like mine aren't considered by companies like Activision or Nintendo.