Thread: How much is this conceivably worth?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How much is this conceivably worth?

I recently picked up Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance at a pawn shop and was wondering what it is worth in actuality. On rarity guides and lists, people almost always seem to list it as "uncommon" and around $40, but eBay prices have it in the $70-$80 range. Are these prices on eBay just a fad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZP3 View Post
    I recently picked up Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance at a pawn shop and was wondering what it is worth in actuality. On rarity guides and lists, people almost always seem to list it as "uncommon" and around $40, but eBay prices have it in the $70-$80 range. Are these prices on eBay just a fad?
    It's worth what it sells for, which is typically 80+ like you said.

There's no real way to determine if a price will hold or not. Rarity guides are just that, guides. Whereas eBay completed listing prices are pretty concrete evidence of what something's actually worth at the moment. There are TONS of common games that sell for a fair amount of money, especially in the retro world. Common doesn't always mean cheap anymore :/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    It's worth what it sells for, which is typically 80+ like you said.

There's no real way to determine if a price will hold or not. Rarity guides are just that, guides. Whereas eBay completed listing prices are pretty concrete evidence of what something's actually worth at the moment. There are TONS of common games that sell for a fair amount of money, especially in the retro world. Common doesn't always mean cheap anymore :/
    Valid point. I suppose that is why most everything Mario and Pokémon are still quite expensive, even though those franchises are not even close to being rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    OlieTheGoalie1
    Steam
    Vrikkgwj

Most Fire Emblem games keep their worth, especially ones that came out on systems that weren't known for RPGs (like the Wii and Gamecube). I'd imagine it'll keep its value for some time.

What I find mind boggling is that the DS remake of the original FE is pretty expensive now. I used to see stacks of it for $20 new at Best Buy. Did no one buy the game when it came out? The DS was great for strategy games because of the stylus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The marketing campaign and high review scores for Fire Emblem: Awakening have caused a surge of interest in the series as a whole. Pretty much every entry released in North America has shot up in value because of this, and I don't see the prices leveling anytime soon. Maybe in a year or so things will settle down. That's how long it took for FFVII prices to fall after the PSP spin-off was released.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vrikkgwj View Post
    What I find mind boggling is that the DS remake of the original FE is pretty expensive now. I used to see stacks of it for $20 new at Best Buy. Did no one buy the game when it came out? The DS was great for strategy games because of the stylus.
    I'll do you one better, I remember when it was rather easy to find for $10 at Walmart of all places.