Thread: Which PC Or Arcade Games Would You Like To See Ported To Modern Consoles?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Which PC Or Arcade Games Would You Like To See Ported To Modern Consoles?

Xbox Live, PSN and Virtual Console have gotten a fairly good amount of PC and arcade games ported this gen and overall I'm mostly satified because alot of the PC shooters I wanted to play have already been ported. But theres still a few more I'd like to see show up on modern consoles. And since my list is pretty brief I decided to also add some arcade games I'd like to see ported as well.

PC Games

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II--This is the only game in the series that never got a console release and I'd like the chance to play it along with all the other games.

System Shock 2--This was the spiritual successor to Bioshock and thats reason enough for me to want to play it.

Vampire: The Masquerade--Admittedly I'm not a huge rpg fan but this game has always looked interesting to me. Plus it has vampires.

Arcade Games

Mat Mania--I would definitely love to see a remake or update to this game. It's still my favorite arcade wrestling game to date.

Spider-Man The Arcade Game-- I don't think this has ever been ported but either way I'd still love to see it ported to modern consoles.

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade-- Way back in the day this was suppose to be released for the Dreamcast but that never happened and this one remained an arcade game. And now that every console has motion sensing(to handle the lightsaber duels) it would seemingly make it even easier to port this game

So thats my list of three and three. Theres probably more but I wanted to keep these list short and narrowed down to the main games I want. So what PC/arcade games would you peeps like to see ported to 360/PS3/Wii/Wii U/PS4/Next Box?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

If they released like a Kings Quest pack where I could essentially play all the originals I would def buy it.

I actually just finished playing Monkey Island (psn download). Probably the 4th time Ive played though it, and its always awesome.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to see a keyboard supported multiuser version of Dungeons of Daggorath.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ninja Baseball Batman
    The Simpsons

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One arcade game I would love to see would be the light-gun gem that is Jurassic Park 3. The original utilized a sensor pad at your feet and required you to move to avoid oncoming dinosaurs and other obstacles. Maybe use Kinect for the same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II--This is the only game in the series that never got a console release and I'd like the chance to play it along with all the other games.
    Agreed. Ideally it would be great to get an updated compilation with at least slightly refined graphics. But with recent news, that probably isn't even a dream now.

Spider-Man The Arcade Game-- I don't think this has ever been ported but either way I'd still love to see it ported to modern consoles.
    Shortly after purchasing X-Men Arcade I began hoping for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SOL BADGUY View Post
    The Simpsons
    Uhhh, you mean the arcade game, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Arcade
    The Punisher
    Golden Axe The Revenge of Death Adder,come on sega it's that simple !
    Battle Circuit
    Sunset Riders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Tex Murphy "Trilogy" from Origin would make a great download. Overseer was originally released on these futuristic DVDs and still looks excellent.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frogofdeath View Post
    Uhhh, you mean the arcade game, right?
    Oh thats cool as hell, no one told me. Thanks!

Still want Ninja Batman though.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Arcade:

Michael Jackson: Moonwalker
    Gunforce 2
    Battletoads

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

I'd really like to see a console version of Unreal Tournament. I was hooked on the DC version when it first came out, then I got the PC original, which is leaps and bounds above both the DC and PS2 ports.

The 360 versions of Quake 2 and 3 are quite good, but I miss the original soundtracks used on the PS1 and DC ports. Looks like UT is one of the few classic FPS entries that has been largely ignored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would like to see a port of the original "Unreal" from 1998. I'm talking about the single player, Doom style game that started off the whole Unreal thing. I thought I heard rumors that it was coming to XBLA, but I don't think it ever did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Arcade:

Michael Jackson: Moonwalker
    Gunforce 2
    Battletoads
    I would love to see the arcade version of Battletoads on XBL. That would be an instant buy. I really want to see a port of gauntlet legends as well, though I will still argue that the N64 port is still the best version to date.

I'm drooling for the D&D Shadows over mysteria collection coming out this summer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would LOVE to see a collection pack of these...

1. Ikari Warriors
    2. Victory Road
    3. Ikari Warrios 3: The Rescue
    4. Guerilla War

*WITH* a special bundle rotary joystick.

I can dream can't I? hehe

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zthun View Post
    I'm drooling for the D&D Shadows over mysteria collection coming out this summer.
    This. I have the Saturn version and though it is fun, I'd like to know what the heck is going on.

Other ports I can think of:

Sid Meier's Covert Action: either Wii U or 3DS.

Oregon Trail-the non sucky revamped or over baked version

Discs of Tron: Kinect

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My picks are all mid-to-late 90s PC games:

Die by the Sword was a physics-based freeform medieval fantasy combat game made by Treyarch of all people. You could use the mouse to awkwardly wave your sword around in any and all directions, attempting to swing with enough force to cut enemies' limbs off. I would pay cold hard imaginary e-dollar unitpoints for the opportunity to attempt it again with something like a wiimote.

Rocket Jockey was a game I found mostly uninteresting but for the arena mode, which was a blast. You could shoot out grappling hooks, attaching them to obstacles to clothesline opponents off from their rocket bikes, drag them behind you, fling them into walls or other opponents, etc. Any kind of tilting controller would be nice, but really I'd just like to have any kind of modern port of this game, since to my knowledge it's unplayable on any current incarnation of Windows.

Finally, Dungeon Keeper seems like it could be a lot of fun to play on a Wii U. Using the touch screen to draw out excavation paths, or have one screen for the overview and the other for the first person view. Or even local multiplayer with one screen for the hero and one for the keeper. Plenty of interesting possibilities there I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was about to bitch mightily about the awful, awful heresies, but these particular games and lists are actually very good candidates for the ol' spit-and-shine treatment.

Just so long as a remake doesn't include the treatment Goldeneye got when moving over to the Wii. System Shock 2, as an example, could use some work to tighten up the combat and area design, but a lot of it still holds up fairly well - cooperative play would be fairly interesting to work out. It's not exactly in the spirit of the original game, but I see it looking a bit more like Left 4 Dead after a modernization treatment.

Edit: To add something original - I wouldn't mind seeing all the Redneck Rampage content rolled together and put out there. A lot of classic maps and scenarios that few people have seen in its entirety. Can't get too uppity to enjoy a little backwards down-home humor, right? Yep. Xatrix Entertainment! Kingpin could also do with a port or maybe even a remake - the basic idea is pretty good, execution somewhat so-so. Eh I better stop before I start rattling off totally random games.
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 04-09-2013 at 10:01 PM.