ChadChops

Default Microsoft may announce next generation of Xbox on May 21

Microsoft may announce next generation of Xbox on May 21

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57...box-on-may-21/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Damn... They sure are taking their sweet time. Meanwhile the internet is abuzz with talks of "always online" requirements and what have you.

I think they are making a bit of a mistake by waiting so long, but if they show just one truly amazing game, almost all will be forgiven, at least temporarily.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Damn... They sure are taking their sweet time. Meanwhile the internet is abuzz with talks of "always online" requirements and what have you.

I think they are making a bit of a mistake by waiting so long, but if they show just one truly amazing game, almost all will be forgiven, at least temporarily.
    Agreed completely.

Insert Coin (Level 0) scaleworm's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post
    Agreed completely.

well, here we go...

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-720-am...-cut-09276992/
    Game on!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They have to address it there somehow, if they dont itll just scream they want always online games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I heard from a higher up at a very big third party that it will be on par with the PS4, and that both are very powerful. I didn't really see the power in any of the PS4 stuff I've seen, but some devs are really excited for both machines. I hope 720, or whatever it'll be called, wows me in the way I wanted PS4 to. I eventually buy everything, but I have no reason to buy Vita, PS4, 3DS, Wii U, and the next Xbox at this point. Sad for the industry, cool for my wallet.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

I think they might be biding their time from the recent shit storm they've been dealing with. Personally, I'm not very excited about the next X-Box or PlayStation. It seems that more and more they're moving away from hardcore gamers towards mainstream games as well as trying to be the media center of the home. I'm sorry, but both were pretty piss poor at that and I don't expect them to get much better. I can't blame them for moving towards mainstream gaming as there's a lot of money there. I also see there being a larger gap between the two and the PC market this time around.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Yeah I'm thinking PC gaming might be the cheapest way to get into the next generation. I mean I can go across the street to Best Buy where I live and buy a desktop PC twice as powerful as my 2010 laptop PC for half the price I paid for it. I think I remember seeing price tags that range as low as $400-something. Even if it's $499 I'm considering getting one just for its large internal hard drive because I recently lost an external one and I think it's a better deal if I might as get a whole computer around that hard drive replacement.

Let's face it, my laptop is wearing down and slowing down. It's an Intel i3 core (which I don't know if they even make anymore) when the ones I scope out at the store are i7 core, and 8GB of RAM instead of 4. My laptop can't even run emulators without screen tearing and lag in some that should never have that problem, like FCE Ultra, it freezes up for two seconds every couple minutes of play, the DVD-RW drive isn't being recognized as connected unless I push on it with my fingers in the right spot, and the left mouse button sometimes sticks.

That's it, my laptop is going to be designated as my internet computer and a new desktop computer will become my offline only software-running computer where I should be able to play any emulators or PC games I want without issues. I can even swap in my Windows XP computer's hard drive from time to time if I want to run that OS on significantly better system SPECs. It should also give me enough memory for running more tracks in ProTools at once without buffer errors.

In short, I have plenty of reasons to get a new PC. I might as well try getting some games for it for once when in the past I've largely ignored that side of gaming apart from the Diablo & Diablo II Battle Chest a friend of mine gave me back in 2006 complete for free.

Still if I can afford it later in the year I'd love to get at least one of the new systems I'm missing. The PS Vita has a few RPGs and the Wii U's got New Super Mario Bros. U so both appeal to me. Micorsoft systems have always had a harder time appealing to me than Sony and Nintendo because I'm just like "what IP's do they even have when I'm not interested in the Halo franchise?" Then I remember Fable and think about how I never even played the first one. And then there's the fact that they do get some RPGs that are exclusive, but not usually as niche of titles that the Playstation systems end up with. Blue Dragon was an exception this last gen. Now that's one title one would have expected to be on the PS3 just due to its art style.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]