Thread: Questions about Neo Geo AES/MVS/CD etc.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Questions about Neo Geo AES/MVS/CD etc.

I'm looking to finally get a Neo Geo but I have no clue as to which is the best version to get. I know the X has come out, but I have heard less-than-favorable reviews on it, but I would prefer a console that I can actually buy games for. I hear about Unibios, and all these different things but have no idea which to get that would best suit me. I also want to get one modded with component out. Anyone know anything that can point me in the right direction and possibly to a good reputable seller? I appreciate the help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cowmando6 View Post
    I'm looking to finally get a Neo Geo but I have no clue as to which is the best version to get. I know the X has come out, but I have heard less-than-favorable reviews on it, but I would prefer a console that I can actually buy games for. I hear about Unibios, and all these different things but have no idea which to get that would best suit me. I also want to get one modded with component out. Anyone know anything that can point me in the right direction and possibly to a good reputable seller? I appreciate the help!
    The Aes is a great system, however it is very pricey as far games go. The neo CD library is very affordable but loading times on later games can be quite long.

Getting a unibios for your aes is an awesome choice mainly because the Aes gives you 4 credits per play session, after that you have to start over again. The unibios can bypass that by using the mvs bios which gives you unlimited credits. The added benefits are cheats and region language control.

Aes carts are expensive but the mvs carts are much cheaper, however you can buy a mvs to aes adaptor which is an arm and a leg on its own. Even with an adaptor I can't shake the emu feeling because its screws with the scaling. There's also the added issue of checking if your Aes is a 5 volt or not so the adaptor can work without an additional power supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google omega cmvs.
    Buy omega cmvs.
    Profit!
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have all 3 options.

MVS with Unibios / Conversion to Home TV is the best angle. It's only hitch is the bootlegs are aplenty. But this way you get the real arcade games, the Unibios allows for the gameshark / region / etc stuff, the carts are mostly cheap buy ins, and you can use all the home controllers on the MVS board.

The best MVS board to use is the 2 Slot with Memory card. That way you can save progress as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    Google omega cmvs.
    Buy omega cmvs.
    Profit!
    This shit is pretty wicked too!

http://www.analogueinteractive.com/index.php

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I have managed to own an AES for a time so that dream was somewhat fulfilled (though I was not able to keep it) so if I ever come into some money I am so getting an Anologue aes those look great

I managed to buy my japanese aes boxed with two original sticks for if I recall like $230 its the games that cost me an arm and a leg and I mostly bought the cheaper stuff (some games only ran me $30) others were hundreds of dollars-more than the system. Mine was also modded for svideo and had unibios things I highly recommend

Now the real deal would be a MVS cab 6 slot but I've yet to have the space for one

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That Analogue is pretty kick ass! I didn't know that there was MVS-consolization beyond just DIY. I might go that route instead since the carts will be worlds cheaper than their AES counterparts. Has anyone bought one of the Analogue or Omega units and can comment about them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't (though I'm SO gonna pick up one of the analogue units at some point), but a friend has an analogue system. It's pretty amazing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The CDZ is supposed to be at 2x speed, twice as much as the original NEO GEO CD. The CD library is very affordable, and there are some games you can get like the Samurai Shodown RPG which werent on the AES.

Dont bother at all with the NEO GEO X, now it was cracked and we all know its a Dingoo with the Final Burn Alpha emulator running on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SOL BADGUY View Post
    The CDZ is supposed to be at 2x speed, twice as much as the original NEO GEO CD. The CD library is very affordable, and there are some games you can get like the Samurai Shodown RPG which werent on the AES.

Dont bother at all with the NEO GEO X, now it was cracked and we all know its a Dingoo with the Final Burn Alpha emulator running on it.

I heard the CDZ is in fact still a single speed drive but with twice the cache not disc speed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I heard it was speed, Ill look it up again.

Ugh, it is just better cache.
    Last edited by SOL BADGUY; 04-20-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

If you have deep pockets go with a aes if you don't then a cmvs is the perfect setup.Still i wouldn't waste time getting a cmvs,prices for the mvs titles have been going up.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 04-20-2013 at 02:01 AM.