Thread: eBay: Lost Power Seller Status - Is this what It's Like on eBay Now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default eBay: Lost Power Seller Status - Is this what It's Like on eBay Now?

Just lost power seller status due to not shipping fast enough and now eBay is asking me to link my credit card account to paypal so refunds and payments are taken directly from there? WTF?

Is this how it normally is for anyone who isn't a power seller/top rated seller these days?

Here's the error message I get. Anyone have this same problem? They won't even let me edit my listings now without doing this...

http://oi38.tinypic.com/1gn903.jpg

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aren't you glad to be in direct competition and comparison with the mega-ultra-powersellers that have teams of robot spidermonkeys shipping out 300+ orders of home depot style bags of nuts and bolts every day the price of which... is about tree-fiddy each? {read:$3.50}

I have started setting middle-of the night phone alarms and prying myself off the morgue slab to pack things up at like three in the morning (you know, print off shipping labels before their "You aren't the Flash! We will now bash in your kneecaps!" deadline), and also have started snooping through feedback of my buyers trying to psychologically profile them as "will probably pay....?" and then shipping their items before they even bother paying at my own risk.

All the tiny DIY one man show sellers are now in the same race as the big boys, and ebay's trying its damnedest to hand out nooses to make the little guys payout just as hard as the fatties.

Now kneel, kiss their signet ring, and beg forgiveness lest they smite you with "whoops! there goes you discounts, lOOolol!!!11one"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

It's for something called eBay Buyer Protection. Not ordinary refunds.
    Lum fan.