Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Default Sega CD Review Channel

Hey guys ad girls I have been contemplating what to do for a Youtube channel for a long time now and I decided I am going to devote time to reviewing every Sega CD game that was released as a tribute to the often overlooked Sega Genesis add-on. I previously wanted to do this with all of the Genesis games but decided it would be more worthwhile to do a less appreciated system instead. I hope to start making these videos soon and will post back here when the first video is up! Any suggestions on how you think I should record or go about this process will definently be taken into account when I make these videos. I really want to get a capture card so that I can record right from my Sega CD which would be the best. I will see what I can get a hold of as far as recording goes and I'll take it from there. I really hope you all will check out the videos when they're uploaded! Thanks!
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

I would check that out for sure! Once you get through the Sega CD library you should look into the Saturn as well. Anyhow, I'm going to be starting up a new channel soon and I thought I might want to do some game play vids so I looked into a capture card and I think I'm going to pick up a USB one.

Elgato Video Capture Device

That's the one I'm looking at. I just don't know what software would be best to use.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I would check that out for sure! Once you get through the Sega CD library you should look into the Saturn as well. Anyhow, I'm going to be starting up a new channel soon and I thought I might want to do some game play vids so I looked into a capture card and I think I'm going to pick up a USB one.

Elgato Video Capture Device

That's the one I'm looking at. I just don't know what software would be best to use.
    Thanks! I will totally check out some Saturn stuff once I'm done with all the Sega CD games. I will definently check out your stuff as well as I can tell a fan of Sega CD and Saturn would be doing videos on great games! That capture card definently looks high-end which is great and as for software it looks like it would be best to export the recordings right into iMovie as it states it can export right to many Mac programs. In my case, I have a PC so I wanna check out something similar but for Windows programs.
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

Yeah, I'm on a PC as well. I'm hoping it will work with Premier Elements. Well, let me know when you start doing videos. I'd love to see them. I have a list of games I want but there are so many unknowns. It will be nice to have a channel that reviews them.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Hey everyone first review is coming this week! I am doing the games in alphabetical order and the first one appears to be 3 Ninjas Kick Back. Will post back soon!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like a great idea, dont get too muddled down in FMV stuff, change it up with the better Sega CD games like Lunar, Dark Wizard, Panic! and other things nonFMV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

I decided on how I will do these games I will do suggestions so suggest what game you want to see reviewed and then after each review suggest another. So give me your first suggestion and I will start this thing up!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'd like to see some of the non-FMV games reviewed. I'd think that a lot of people who search out "Sega CD reviews" on YouTube are looking for crappy games to reinforce why the system didn't do too well. I'd like to see the games that don't get reviewed all that often, like (pulling up DP's Sega CD guide) Battlecorps, BC Racers, Bouncers, or Wild Woody and Wonder Dog. Those seem to be lower profile games that don't get talked about as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I'd like to see some of the non-FMV games reviewed. I'd think that a lot of people who search out "Sega CD reviews" on YouTube are looking for crappy games to reinforce why the system didn't do too well. I'd like to see the games that don't get reviewed all that often, like (pulling up DP's Sega CD guide) Battlecorps, BC Racers, Bouncers, or Wild Woody and Wonder Dog. Those seem to be lower profile games that don't get talked about as much.
    I'm starting with Demolition Man as my first review and I can totally dive into those next. Also I'm going to make sure to do a nice in depth review on the beautiful game that is SoulStar.

Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing a fair amount of Demolition Man lately. The overhead view stages really make me wish Acclaim ported True Lies to the CD. Alas