Thread: SNES ROM to game cartridge board producers/manufacturers

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SNES ROM to game cartridge board producers/manufacturers

This is a followup to my previous post. I am currently in the creative process of making a fan game that I will be funding soon through a Kickstarter campaign, similar to what the makers of the Cheetahmen have done. My question is if anybody knows any manufacturers that can make SNES cartridge PCBs using the home-brew ROM that I have created? Thanks!

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I fail to see how the exact same question is a followup, and even if it was why start a new thread for it?
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last post was mainly about finding a maker to manufacture SNES cart PCBs without the eprom chip, mainly to DIY the programming to the eprom chip itself. This is mainly about finding manufacturers to make those with the game rom already installed, if there are any out there, so I can put it in a SNES cart shell and distribute/sell those as needed. . I should of clarified, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

/facepalm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It does sound like you had a previous thread so I'll stay out of that.

Did you consider talking to the people at Super Fighter Team? I don't know anything about their business practices and reputation but it looks worth a shot.

Additionally you could ask around at some of the other homebrew places...I think a lot of people make NES homebrew these days instead of SNES, though, but that shouldn't translate into too much difficulty so long as the manufacturers can adapt to a different PCB design.

For example, this site: http://www.retrousb.com/product_info...roducts_id=121 - as an example of a NES game produced just recently.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pikointeractive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Good to hear in new development!

Although I had no programming skills, I was like you, very enthusiastic of getting a SNES game off the ground. Most of the people were skeptic and gave me no support. I reached Retrousb, Super Fighter and Watermelon, and nobody wanted to work with me. Watermelon wanted me to sign a NDA which said I was basically giving them all my ideas, concepts, art, code, etc by sending them on the emails; I backed out.

So due to my experience, I decided to do everything my self. Now Im about to get yet another new board done, I already have the new shells done, and have all the contacts to manufacture CIB games .

Thanks to that, I launched my own company Piko Interactive LLC, which will open the doors to any Homebrew and indie developer for retro consoles (nes, snes, and genesis). They will be able to publish their game through me, and sell them to my store, I also have relationships with franchises store owners and retro video games clone console suppliers, you their games can either sold 10 copies or 1000!

I dislike very much how a lot of retro gamers now are more worried about how much Hagane is worth, rather than which other awesome game they can play, whether it has been released before, or is a homebrew release.

It is our duty, the ones that love to see new games in retro consoles, to bring the interest back for new releases of old platforms!

you are welcome to send me an email and tell me more about your game!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

There is a manufacturer based in Malaysia that produces new universal notched SFC style shells and blank SNES PCBs with a space to hold a standard EEPROM.

I don't know the exact specs of their boards, I do know they support loROM games and SRAM battery backup. I own some of their products, and they're pretty high quality, but I have nev.er purchased blank PCBs or shells directly from them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    There is a manufacturer based in Malaysia that produces new universal notched SFC style shells and blank SNES PCBs with a space to hold a standard EEPROM.

I don't know the exact specs of their boards, I do know they support loROM games and SRAM battery backup. I own some of their products, and they're pretty high quality, but I have nev.er purchased blank PCBs or shells directly from them.

You are talking about Welovegame!

I been wanting to contact him for a while!

do you mind sharing the contact?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pikointeractive View Post
    Watermelon wanted me to sign a NDA which said I was basically giving them all my ideas, concepts, art, code, etc by sending them on the emails; I backed out.
    Fuck Watermelon, then. That's a shady business practice.

But I'm glad to hear things are turning around now!
    I dislike very much how a lot of retro gamers now are more worried about how much Hagane is worth, rather than which other awesome game they can play, whether it has been released before, or is a homebrew release.

It is our duty, the ones that love to see new games in retro consoles, to bring the interest back for new releases of old platforms!
    I don't know of any platformers that are as good as Hagane though. But, like you say, hopefully we can get some new ones - the more the merrier (so long as they're good).

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Quote Originally Posted by Pikointeractive View Post
    You are talking about Welovegame!

I been wanting to contact him for a while!

do you mind sharing the contact?
    Send me a text or a PM on PGC. It's a small world my friend

They produce a lot of fan-translations, unlicensed titles (most dumped from carts from Bramsworth and I and patched by D4S), and some flat-out counterfeits. Most anything you see of that nature floating around on auction sites and so forth that are new factory produced carts come from them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    Send me a text or a PM on PGC. It's a small world my friend

They produce a lot of fan-translations, unlicensed titles (most dumped from carts from Bramsworth and I and patched by D4S), and some flat-out counterfeits. Most anything you see of that nature floating around on auction sites and so forth that are new factory produced carts come from them.

whats PGC?

I sent you a pm here!

Edobscuro,

Hopefully I can get some good games out! Still hard to produce big projects (programming wise) cause the lack of SNES documentation out there, but we are getting there!