Thread: Keep getting Wii U error code since firmware update?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Default Keep getting Wii U error code since firmware update?

I cant access the nintendo shop, keep getting error code 111 1007. and when trying miiverse 106-1007. I hate this system so far... I never had problems before the firmware update, and for the last 3 days i keep getting these codes and it says cannot display.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Google fu says cycle your modem & router.

OR

The issue is on Nintendo's end.

God I hate non-descript "error codes".
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I do a test connection and it connects to the internet. I reset my modem an router, all my other wifi gadgets works without problem. The update fucked something up, anyone else has this problem? It tells me I have friends online when i power up the console, but I just cant go on miiverse, nintendo eshop or web browser.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read somewhere that Nintendo would be releasing a fix for this this coming weekend. Not sure if this is Japan only, or if it extends to the West as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

looks like a lot of people have been getting these error codes since december, and they still cant do shit. This system is a complete wreck, im pissed. I sent an email to nintendo, and im sure they ll send me the usual bullshit like reset your router bla bla bla, and wont do shit to fix it. Never had a problem since launch getting online, then the firmware update comes and nothing works...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Well as I suspected, they gave me a generic pre-made answer that doesnt do shit. My Wii U DOES connect to the internet, I see my friends list online and the miiverse posts when I power up the console. Here is the awesome customer answer from nintendo:
    Hello,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues you've been having on your Wii U. In our experience, wireless interference is usually the cause of these kind of issues. I've included some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this. If you are not connecting wirelessly, please try the Manual DNS setup included as the last step and contact us for more help if needed.

. Please note that the effective communication range of the Wii U is under 25 feet. If your Wii U is more than 25 feet from your router, try to move the devices closer together. Even if your Wii U console is within that range, you might try moving it into the same room as the router just to rule out wireless interference. You should be able to test out the online feature without needing to move the television, as the screen can be viewed on the Wii U GamePad.

. Change the channel on the router. Usually, this setting is located in the basic wireless section of the router. Try channels 1, 6 and 11. This troubleshooting steps will require you to access your router settings. Follow the link below for information on how to access your router interface and settings. Select your model from the list (If your model is not listed, select the one that is closest). Here's the link:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...ters/index.jsp

. Make sure your router and Wii U are optimally placed. Move both devices away from walls and off the floor and try placing them in central locations. Also, keep them away from metal objects and other electronic devices and try to make sure none of these objects are inbetween them, as they can cause interference.

. Turn off or move devices that cause interference. Noise from cordless devices (cordless phones), or wireless electronics (wireless keyboards, headphones, cell phones), especially those using the 2.4GHz frequency, can interfere with wireless signals. Also, older microwave models can cause wireless interference. Avoid electronics that use the 2.4GHz frequency, instead look for devices that use the 5.8GHz or 900MHz frequencies.

. Set up a manual DNS on your Wii U system. Instructions on how to do this can be found on the following webpage:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...t-dns-settings

If the error persists or if you are unable to complete the steps above, it would be best to work with you directly to perform additional troubleshooting. We have two options available. You can use our chat support feature located here:

http://support.nintendo.com/chat/?s=email

Or you can give us a call at 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

Sincerely,

Ben Weekly
    Nintendo of America, Inc.

Have you heard about our new home console? Learn more at http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/what-is-wiiu/.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    I do a test connection and it connects to the internet. I reset my modem an router, all my other wifi gadgets works without problem. The update fucked something up, anyone else has this problem? It tells me I have friends online when i power up the console, but I just cant go on miiverse, nintendo eshop or web browser.
    My Dreamcast still connects to the web AND can play music Cds. Its menus are very snappy as well out of the box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I even played sonic all stars racing for an hour online... and they tell me its my setup thats causing problems?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by BricatSegaFan View Post
    My Dreamcast still connects to the web AND can play music Cds. Its menus are very snappy as well out of the box.
    Yeah, dreamcast feels more modern than Wii U!!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Can't you return the system for a refund, or swap it for another one as it still has a warranty? If it's the console that's not working right I would try to return or exchange it. It doesn't seem it's a problem that Nintendo is able to fix for you, I would try to return it as faulty hardware.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Everything works fine, I am 100% sure its the firmware update that did this, so a new firmware update could easily fix this. If not I will try to return it (is it 90 day warranty? if so im screwed). I googled these error codes and it looks like a lot of people have this problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Everything works fine, I am 100% sure its the firmware update that did this, so a new firmware update could easily fix this. If not I will try to return it (is it 90 day warranty? if so im screwed). I googled these error codes and it looks like a lot of people have this problem.
    Before you return it to a store - be aware that all of your user data and games are LOCKED to that console.

It's not like a PSN or XBLA account where you can just plug it in on a new system and retrieve all of your purchases.

With Nintendo stuff you should really handle all service stuff with them directly.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Before you return it to a store - be aware that all of your user data and games are LOCKED to that console.

It's not like a PSN or XBLA account where you can just plug it in on a new system and retrieve all of your purchases.

With Nintendo stuff you should really handle all service stuff with them directly.
    This is a major flaw, games should be attached to account, not console. Imagine losing all your psn or xbox live games and dlc you bought for the past 6 years, people would be pissed. Well, thats going to happen a lot in the next years for wii u. Such a stupid move from Nintendo (as usual) they need to keep up with the competition, something they havent done for a decade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

This is a major flaw, games should be attached to account, not console. Imagine losing all your psn or xbox live games and dlc you bought for the past 6 years, people would be pissed. Well, thats going to happen a lot in the next years for wii u. Such a stupid move from Nintendo (as usual) they need to keep up with the competition, something they havent done for a decade.
    I hear ya. The saving grace here is that Nintendo's customer service is typically easy to deal with and not staffed with outsourced operators.

Give them a call and see what they say about the need to send the console in for repairs. Can't hurt.