Thread: Anyone have old (90s) PC Gamer issues lying around?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone have old (90s) PC Gamer issues lying around?

Hello, I am looking to finally complete my collection and have a thread running in the buying/selling forum here:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...C-Gamer-issues

I post this here in case there are classic PC gamers who dont visit that forum and could help me out. It would be greatly appreciated and I will owe you a favor =]

I guess we can also just chat about the magazine in this thread to not make it a complete loss haha.

I have to say I love gaming magazines from the 90s (specifically PC Gamer, obviously). I feel like they catered more to the fan than to the advertisers and other companies.

Anyone miss the old one pound 300+ page magazines you used to pick up monthly? Obviously with the internet most of the news is online so the print mags arent as necessary and began to shrink like crazy but honestly i would still pay $10 a month for a thick, quality gaming magazine that does not play favorites and has quality writers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by postulio View Post
    Hello, I am looking to finally complete my collection and have a thread running in the buying/selling forum here:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...C-Gamer-issues

I post this here in case there are classic PC gamers who dont visit that forum and could help me out. It would be greatly appreciated and I will owe you a favor =]

I guess we can also just chat about the magazine in this thread to not make it a complete loss haha.

I have to say I love gaming magazines from the 90s (specifically PC Gamer, obviously). I feel like they catered more to the fan than to the advertisers and other companies.

Anyone miss the old one pound 300+ page magazines you used to pick up monthly? Obviously with the internet most of the news is online so the print mags arent as necessary and began to shrink like crazy but honestly i would still pay $10 a month for a thick, quality gaming magazine that does not play favorites and has quality writers.

I still have all of my older PC Gamer magazines but have no interest in selling them. I enjoy the magazine but my favorite will always be Computer Gaming World.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have a closet full at my parents house.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    I still have all of my older PC Gamer magazines but have no interest in selling them. I enjoy the magazine but my favorite will always be Computer Gaming World.
    Um yeah, thanks...
    I read CGW on and off (lots of free issues always since they never sold out locally like PCG did). I remember the editor towards the end of the magazine's lifespan a pompous turd (Jeff Green...). It was nice getting a second opinion or outlook on some things but PC Gamer was by far more up my alley in terms of writing style and personality of the editors.

SOoo, anyway, bumping this:

Anyone have any they *do* have interest in getting rid of? It would mean a lot to me to finally complete the set. Willing to trade or buy etc.

Cheers.