Thread: Question about the original Wii......

Insert Coin (Level 0) Manga4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question about the original Wii......

Okay, so I've held off on a Wii for the longest time because I HATE and don't believe in having to use motion control to play games. I enjoy lounging on the couch, like a couch potato, and playing games the traditional way and I don't want to have to stand up or shake my arms or mimic real life movements while I play games. With that said, I really want to play the Mario and Zelda games on the Wii as well as a few other titles but I'm afraid that they won't let you just relax and play, until I saw that you can use Gamecube controllers and something called the "classic controller". Can these controllers be used for a large portion of the Wii library, and if so can they be used for many of the Mario and Zelda based games? Please let me know, thanks in advance!
    Blog - Latest entry 4/13/13: CLASSIC GAMING, Discovering new gems is the funnest part.
    Twitter Follow me!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a list of games that you can use the Classic Controller with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...sic_Controller

Insert Coin (Level 0) Manga4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So sad. Nintendo should have realized that some people just want to chill and not mimic real life movements during gameplay and made it so you could use the classic controller or the GC controller.
    Blog - Latest entry 4/13/13: CLASSIC GAMING, Discovering new gems is the funnest part.
    Twitter Follow me!

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You don't have to mimic real movements for the vast majority of titles...

Not even close.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might have a few additional ideas you might want to try on the Wii. PS1 Flightstick, Dual Shock, Twin Arcade Sticks or even a NES pad.

Wii Thread - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewt...418963#p418963

CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You do realize short of wii motion plus games most of the motion can be dumbed down to a simple twist of the wrist or a minor flick without so much as moving anything other than your wrist, elbow a little at worst. The one big crapper for you would be Skyward Sword as that's one of those 1:1 motion games and it would wear you out. A lot of stuff uses little motions, some key games like SMB Wii and Punchout can be played with the main controller sideways and a minor flick with the fingers may do a specific motion but that's it at most.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

True, most games that require motion control boils down to pretty minimal movement or simple aiming at the screen; that said, I find I have a lot more fun putting more emphasis on my moves... Punch-Out and Skyward Sword were two of my favorite games of this generation (even though I suck horribly at the former). I realize there are gamers who don't share the same feeling, but that's my two cents *shrugs*.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Mario games, while you can't use the classic controller, New Super Mario Bros Wii lets you play with the remote held like an NES controller. All you do motion wise is shake the controller to do a spin move. Paper Mario might be another option, though there are times you need to aim the remote at the screen and use actual motion controls, for the most part it controls the "NES way".

Zelda games, well, you can play the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess (using a GC controller) which is my preference over the Wii version anyway.

Mario Galaxy or Skyward Sword, you're SOL, those are waggle waggle waggle all the way. That said, while I'm no fan of the waggle, I do think Skyward Sword uses it very well.