0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Default Blaze Twin Joystick Price

Found this on Kijiji. The person is asking $65. I been trying to find a price online to compare.

Anyone know anything about this stick?
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

anyone??
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

$30.00 tops. These are both very nice and a very big POS at the same time. I actually got a conversation going about these a couple years ago in a finds thread when I bought one. I knew what I was getting when I bought it and of the value as I'm familiar with them; a discussion just sprung up about it.

The electronics are rather sub-par and have been known to fail. Most PS Family to USB adapters will NOT recognize this, so if you're going to use it for MAME or something like that, it's not plug it in and go. Some games read the input screwy - I believe Taito Legends 1 on the PS2 has menu navigation issues for some reason, reading left / right pushes like you were holding the stick in said direction. The sticks themselves are okay, very light, square gates, and are microswitched. Again, they are very light and drifty and not all that responsive. The buttons are not microswitched and are the expected mid range button quality for a stick of this vintage.

What you do get is an awesome enclosure that looks like you ripped a panel off a candy cab. One problem with it is that it is very shallow, so you can't easily replace the components with higher quality ones due to the limited depth.

Eventually I'm going to replace the electronics with a pair of PS1 digital controller boards (I'll lose the slow-mo and turbo but who cares) to even out compatibility issues. I'll probably also put in fresh joystick switches but leave it at that.

For $30 you'll have a decent joystick you can have some fun with. Don't expect this to be a fighting stick or anything like that. Really it works best for old arcade ports, Puzzle Bobble, arcade compilation releases, things like that. I wouldn't pay more than that for one however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Considering that it is uncommon, not a bad price if you really want it. I have the black shell version with the traditional red ball sticks. It is a nice two player stick with solid tactical clicking of the switches inside. The best feature is that it can also can easily be modded as a TWINSTICK. There are even PS1 games that do not even need a mod, an undocumented Twinstick mode thru configuration of the game menu. Imagine playing Robotron, Virtual On or Geometry Wars with a Twinstick Arcade style!

Twinstick Guide - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewt...290325#p290325
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

i guess ill pass. i was thinking it was good cuz of the look.

thanks for the help guys.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE