Thread: Bought item, PayPal says email is unregistered?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Bought item, PayPal says email is unregistered?

I just took a chance on buying something that showed up on eBay for cheap. I bought it, sent payment, then when I went to check my PayPal account, I saw that the payment was unclaimed, and it says: "(The recipient of this payment is Unregistered)"

... so what the heck happened? I thought sellers were supposed to have a valid PayPal account before being able to sell stuff.

I just contacted the seller to see what's up but haven't gotten a reply yet. Am I about to get scammed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Could be that the seller misspelled his paypal address. Is it a new user?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This has happened to me several times before and it was always because the seller misspelled their address.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Kinda. The account was created in 2011 but had no feedback until recently. I figured I'd take a shot at this being a legit seller, but it's looking more and more like a scammer.

I'll just cancel the payment and ask for an invoice.

This was the item. You know what they say about things looking too good to be true...
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 05-20-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That listing is incredibly suspicious. All his feedback came from buying really cheap stuff on the same day he listed the item. It's also listed in the Home & Garden category.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I've listed stuff by mistake and people have gotten bargains. I guess I hoped that'd happen to me for once. XD

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keychain light, magnifier light ipod cover and Windows 7, Odd that he has sold a S--- load of windows 7 all of a sudden. By now at least 1 should have arrived yet there are no feedback for any of the Windows 7 sales, he should have several feedback from them in a day or 2. Look at the stock photo, it seems he stole that. Oh well, he won't get the last laugh, he's going to be enjoying some newbie holds courtesy of PayPal. Let's get some popcorn and watch his feedback go underwater.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    Keychain light, magnifier light ipod cover and Windows 7, Odd that he has sold a S--- load of windows 7 all of a sudden. By now at least 1 should have arrived yet there are no feedback for any of the Windows 7 sales, he should have several feedback from them in a day or 2. Look at the stock photo, it seems he stole that. Oh well, he won't get the last laugh, he's going to be enjoying some newbie holds courtesy of PayPal. Let's get some popcorn and watch his feedback go underwater.
    I think we can't even leave feedback until a couple of days after the item has been sold or shipped. I'm not sure. I don't actually buy stuff on eBay these days.

Edit: Yep, it's a scammer that didn't even do this properly. Evidence: He bought this, and got feedback for it on May 14. Checking the list of buyers, you can see that only one person with 4 feedback bought something near that date, on May 13.

Feedback padding... yeah, canceling this was the right thing to do.

I r dumb! Yay!
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 05-20-2013 at 11:47 PM.