Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Exposing VGA (Video Game Grading Authority)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    At which point Buyatari will, as I previously stated, say you're a liar because he is still completely full of shit.
    I would go back in time with my homemade time machine and prove it but then you would just deny it so I'm not going to bother.

Makes sense to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    How can you say that !

This is the home of the videogaming Brony !
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ON THE CART

Put it on the cart, make your fake box and fake seal and send it in. THEN open it on camera and when we see the FAKE cart we will know you didn't switch it out.
    Your line of attack is incredibly similar to that of fundamentalist Christians who believe the world is 6000 years old.

"Dinosaurs lived during the Mesozoic Era, 252 to 66 million years ago"

"No they didn't the Earth is only 6000 years old, it says so in the Bible!"

"But we have evidence through geological stratigraphy, radiogenic dating, evolutionary biology."

"But were humans living then?"

"No."

"Then you have no proof, because humans didn't see dinsaurs to know they were alive! JESUS!"
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Screw videogames I just want to sit here all day and match wits with the unarmed !
    Being called witless by someone who's acting like a creationist or a climate change denier is a compliment, so go have fun in your "time machine".
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badinsults View Post
    Your line of attack is incredibly similar to that of fundamentalist Christians who believe the world is 6000 years old.

"But we have evidence through geological stratigraphy, radiogenic dating, evolutionary biology."

"No."

"Then you have no proof, because humans didn't see dinsaurs to know they were alive! JESUS!"
    Your train of thought trying to peg him as the christian crank is a joke. I'm surprised everyone is shitting all over buyatari. All he's saying is if someone here has one of those original shrink machines, and this person could make a totally dead on copy of an NES box, then do it and when you do it put a game in the box that's sealed with the word FAKE ON IT. Record the process, record the sealing, mail it to VGA, catch them in the lie, get it back graded, then crack that bitch open on camera and prove the argument.

How does that sound fundi?? All anyone is doing at this rate is cementing in his mind people here can talk shit and not deliver and I wouldn't blame him either. If it can be done, just fucking do it and stop making excuses and stories. I personally would love to see the VGA house of cards kicked out from under them but I don't have the original 1980s shrink wrap machine or card stock/ink copying capabilities or I would do it. If VGA could pass that test then I'd probaby trust them, and if not then well that says a lot for their own credibility built upon blind trust and smoke & mirrors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by badinsults View Post

"No."

You guys are so biased you can't even think straight. How is that the same?

The dinosaur bones are the proof in that example. I'm not dismissing proof here. You are refusing to show it to me.

This is more like refusing to believe an alien abduction story.

Back it up and show me the bones ~!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Your train of thought trying to peg him as the christian crank is a joke. I'm surprised everyone is shitting all over buyatari.
    I think this is great.

These arguments don't even make sense and it is getting worse.......or better depending on your enjoyment level.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Your train of thought trying to peg him as the christian crank is a joke. I'm surprised everyone is shitting all over buyatari. All he's saying is if someone here has one of those original shrink machines, and this person could make a totally dead on copy of an NES box, then do it and when you do it put a game in the box that's sealed with the word FAKE ON IT. Record the process, record the sealing, mail it to VGA, catch them in the lie, get it back graded, then crack that bitch open on camera and prove the argument.

How does that sound fundi?? All anyone is doing at this rate is cementing in his mind people here can talk shit and not deliver and I wouldn't blame him either. If it can be done, just fucking do it and stop making excuses and stories. I personally would love to see the VGA house of cards kicked out from under them but I don't have the original 1980s shrink wrap machine or card stock/ink copying capabilities or I would do it. If VGA could pass that test then I'd probaby trust them, and if not then well that says a lot for their own credibility built upon blind trust and smoke & mirrors.

Shhhhh. Rational thought has no place in this thread.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RP2A03 View Post
    Shhhhh. Rational thought has no place in this thread.
    Goddamnit! Oh wait that didn't sound very fundi. Best go run now and make some tin foil hats for those who need them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

A qualified disc game and a strategy guide are one thing but if you want to seriously hurt the credibility then it would have be with their bread and butter.

Fake a black box NES game from start to finish since it is so easy to do and post that video. Those games are selling for THOUSANDS each. Don't speculate on what I would think about it. If someone were to pull that off and prove it on tape then you would seriously hurt not only VGAs credibility but rock sealed game collecting to its core.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, maybe if you folks wanted to stop others' arguments, you'd try to get the thread killed rather than, y'know, repeatedly posting one after another to essentially circlejerk each other and bump the thread back up the top.

You're purposely calling attention to yourselves. It reeks of trollbait.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A qualified disc game and a strategy guide are one thing but if you want to seriously hurt the credibility then it would have be with their bread and butter.

Fake a black box NES game from start to finish since it is so easy to do and post that video. Those games are selling for THOUSANDS each. Don't speculate on what I would think about it. If someone were to pull that off and prove it on tape then you would seriously hurt not only VGAs credibility but rock sealed game collecting to its core.
    If someone were faking a black box game to the point where it passed as real why would they expose it. I would be racking in my cash for as long as I could and take advantage of the community for as a long as I could.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    You know, maybe if you folks wanted to stop others' arguments, you'd try to get the thread killed rather than, y'know, repeatedly posting one after another to essentially circlejerk each other and bump the thread back up the top.

You're purposely calling attention to yourselves. It reeks of trollbait.
    Ding, ding, ding.

This thread has turned into nothimg more than calling each other names like little kids do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I'm more dismayed that the proposed solution/experiment here is to actually willingly commit an act of fraud.

The only seal that should matter is this one:

<Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeme View Post
    If someone were faking a black box game to the point where it passed as real why would they expose it. I would be racking in my cash for as long as I could and take advantage of the community for as a long as I could.
    I don't understand why it took 8 pages of this nonsense for someone to say what is the most obvious thing in the world.

If you have a person that's invested loads of money in making authentic bootlegs that can fool the VGA, why would they expose themselves? They wouldn't, it is that simple.

Revealing yourself now would be like eating the goose that lays golden eggs just so you can tell your neighbors how delicious is was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It was a VGA Graded 75+ NM Sealed Game and Guide Bundle. Not a "Qualified'. Please refrain from changing facts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I don't understand why it took 8 pages of this nonsense for someone to say what is the most obvious thing in the world.

If you have a person that's invested loads of money in making authentic bootlegs that can fool the VGA, why would they expose themselves? They wouldn't, it is that simple.

Revealing yourself now would be like eating the goose that lays golden eggs just so you can tell your neighbors how delicious is was.
    Of course. Same reason I don't prove my time machine.

If they really were making thousands then they would be the biggest VGA supporters out there. These guys are saying that VGA is evil and want to see it gone. Making a video like this would go a long way towards that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    It was a VGA Graded 75+ NM Sealed Game and Guide Bundle. Not a "Qualified'. Please refrain from changing facts.
    2 seperate items.

The Namco game was qualifed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Of course. Same reason I don't prove my time machine.

If they really were making thousands then they would be the biggest VGA supporters out there. These guys are saying that VGA is evil and want to see it gone. Making a video like this would go a long way towards that.
    Committing fraud at the expense of VGA makes oneself look worse than they will.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Committing fraud at the expense of VGA makes oneself look worse than they will.
    If you sold them yes but no one (even VGA supporters) would fault a collector for producing a game only to expose VGA.