PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

No DRM, no bullshit. The end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Microsoft should make online free. I'm getting rid of a lot of my XBox 360 games and sticking with the PS3 version even if it is a bit inferior because at least PS3 has free online and I'll be able to play the games online for free probably for a long time coming rather than having to pay for it. The online experience is a big factor for me and it should always be free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually, there are 3 major things that people hate about the Xbox 1.

1. Used Game Market will by highly restricted and neutered.

2. You have to have an internet connection at the ready to use Xbox One (has to go online at least once per 24 hours, supposedly)

3. Kinect is required, and there are some serious privacy issues related to Kinect in the fact that it's always listening and always watching.

If you only solve one of these problems, you still have the other two. All 3 of them need to be dealt with.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Typing this on my Wii U. No regrets so far this gen. xbox one is looking pretty bad..

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Actually, there are 3 major things that people hate about the Xbox 1.

1. Used Game Market will by highly restricted and neutered.

2. You have to have an internet connection at the ready to use Xbox One (has to go online at least once per 24 hours, supposedly)

3. Kinect is required, and there are some serious privacy issues related to Kinect in the fact that it's always listening and always watching.

If you only solve one of these problems, you still have the other two. All 3 of them need to be dealt with.
    Abso-freaking-lutely!!! Microsoft is basically telling us: "This is how you're going to use our product. This is how you're NOT going to use our product. And you have no say in the matter." You don't attract customers by limiting freedoms and choices. That goes against all logic and common sense. And it's bullshit, straight up. I for one don't like being told what I can and can't do with my property. And I certainly don't like the idea of a company forcing a spy-cam into my living room. M$ has some serious damage control to do regarding this console, otherwise I'll be exercising the last remaining consumer freedom I have: Voting with my wallet and NOT buying one.
    Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
    Microsoft should make online free. I'm getting rid of a lot of my XBox 360 games and sticking with the PS3 version even if it is a bit inferior because at least PS3 has free online and I'll be able to play the games online for free probably for a long time coming rather than having to pay for it. The online experience is a big factor for me and it should always be free.
    This is honestly where it should start and where alot of it began in the first place.

It has been a double dip from the beginning. You already pay for internet access yet M$ feels it is ok to charge you for your internet twice. Seriously this is one OLD argument and no doubt Xbox fansss used to "maybe still do" defend the point by saying "oh it's faster" or that you can group chat with your friends :/, bs. That could have all been done by profiting from "THE GAMES" that M$ was developing and selling, but why make money on making good "GAMES" when you can just make good money on the front end by offering shit that should be free right?

It is all common sense, but everyone makes it so complicated. So much to the fact that I laugh 99% of the time and walk away. There are good games out there, just don't settle for their bullshit and maybe you will have enough money to get one.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

How to improve Xbone? Throw it in a fire.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    This is honestly where it should start and where alot of it began in the first place.

It has been a double dip from the beginning. You already pay for internet access yet M$ feels it is ok to charge you for your internet twice. Seriously this is one OLD argument and no doubt Xbox fansss used to "maybe still do" defend the point by saying "oh it's faster" or that you can group chat with your friends :/, bs. That could have all been done by profiting from "THE GAMES" that M$ was developing and selling, but why make money on making good "GAMES" when you can just make good money on the front end by offering shit that should be free right?

It is all common sense, but everyone makes it so complicated. So much to the fact that I laugh 99% of the time and walk away. There are good games out there, just don't settle for their bullshit and maybe you will have enough money to get one.
    Meh...As someone who owns all of the current consoles, I do think there is some value in what Microsoft provided with XBL versus what Sony provided free with PSN. Sony has gotten to the point where they are seriously considering spinning off their entertainment division as a result of their massive losses with PS3 and electronics in recent years. So, it's not like just creating and selling great games is enough to profit in this market. I think it's funny that nobody has thought to question Sony about what their plans are for PSN on the PS4. I can't imagine that they won't charge for it again given how lucrative it has been for Microsoft.

The DRM and on-line thing is, however, a huge issue for me. I am not interested in a licensing based game model and I won't tolerate it on Xbox One nor PS4 nor any other platform.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Meh...As someone who owns all of the current consoles, I do think there is some value in what Microsoft provided with XBL versus what Sony provided free with PSN.
    The Vita PSN is still free, cross game chat with up to eight people, or Skype with someone while you're playing a game. For those that don't care about cross game chat, there's really little value to be had. I think cross game chat is a great feature though, just not something I'd spend $60 on.

There's also nothing to back your theory that Sony is going to start charging people to play online or use those features. The Vita is Sony's next gen portable, so if they were going to start charging for online, then why wouldn't they start there? Oh, and let me just click around on my mouse over here to Steam. You know you can start a Steam call and talk to someone while playing the same or a separate game. If you don't want to talk you can press Shift + Tab and type to them quickly, then return to your game. You can also use any number of other background programs such as Skype to speak with someone while you're on Steam or any PC game for that matter.

Microsoft is the only one to have fans gullible enough to believe that the online connectivity is better just because they pay a yearly fee. Most of the games run P2P and the server is nothing more than a lobby to find and redirect players to matches and record statistics with no large portions of data actually being transferred back and forth server side.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    The Vita PSN is still free, cross game chat with up to eight people, or Skype with someone while you're playing a game. For those that don't care about cross game chat, there's really little value to be had. I think cross game chat is a great feature though, just not something I'd spend $60 on.

There's also nothing to back your theory that Sony is going to start charging people to play online or use those features. The Vita is Sony's next gen portable, so if they were going to start charging for online, then why wouldn't they start there? Oh, and let me just click around on my mouse over here to Steam. You know you can start a Steam call and talk to someone while playing the same or a separate game. If you don't want to talk you can press Shift + Tab and type to them quickly, then return to your game. You can also use any number of other background programs such as Skype to speak with someone while you're on Steam or any PC game for that matter.

Microsoft is the only one to have fans gullible enough to believe that the online connectivity is better just because they pay a yearly fee. Most of the games run P2P and the server is nothing more than a lobby to find and redirect players to matches and record statistics with no large portions of data actually being transferred back and forth server side.
    As I've said many times before, I have both a PS3 and Xbox 360 and I have used XBL and PSN extensively. Sony is just way behind in their interface design and server reliability and frankly, it just takes far longer to download things from PSN than it does over XBL with an identical connection. I have also had far more issues with multiplayer games dropping on PSN than I ever have had on XBL. Finally, I don't know anyone that pays $60 for XBL. I think the most I have ever paid for a year is $35. XBL is a service. People are willing to pay for what it provides and it's no different than cable or satellite was initially. It's a service and people can choose to pay to have it or use something inferior for free. Personally, I'd rather Sony actually made some money this generation (assuming they really do stay DRM free and don't require online) rather than running third again and facing the possibility of splitting the company apart meaning less great games for all of us.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 06-05-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Updates used to download faster on the 360, but that's not a benefit of paying for XBL Gold. Don't pay for XBL Gold and you still get the same download speeds. But they were so slow on the PS3 because Sony capped the speeds. In one of Sony's recent updates, download speed has increased.

You've played games online on the PS360? Coincidentally I've also played games online on the PS3 and 360. What do you know. While you may have had issues with games online on the PS3 versus the 360, the games I've played online on the 360 that I've also played on the PS3 have been very similar in network stability.

*edit*

Example on PS3 speed increase. I downloaded Dead Space 3, 11GB, in under an hour.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Updates used to download faster on the 360, but that's not a benefit of paying for XBL Gold. Don't pay for XBL Gold and you still get the same download speeds. But they were so slow on the PS3 because Sony capped the speeds. In one of Sony's recent updates, download speed has increased.

You've played games online on the PS360? Coincidentally I've also played games online on the PS3 and 360. What do you know. While you may have had issues with games online on the PS3 versus the 360, the games I've played online on the 360 that I've also played on the PS3 have been very similar in network stability.

*edit*

Example on PS3 speed increase. I downloaded Dead Space 3, 11GB, in under an hour.
    Great, so six and a half years into the PS3 console cycle they finally increased download speeds. That's ridiculous. I would assume since you are so anti-XBL Gold that you have never had a subscription for very long. I have had an annual subscription for the last few years and I can say with personal certainty that it's worth the $35 I paid for it. If nothing else, I get a gold discount on various games that go on sale and I absolutely love the interface for the store and for multiplayer online games. I can't say the same about my PS3 where the interface reminds me of the old media interface Sony was trying to use in their consumer electronics line for the past decade or so. I did sign up for PSN+ recently and I enjoy the free and discounted games, but the store interface and constant updates are horrible. I also don't think the download speed is up to XBL standards yet, although I haven't downloaded two identical games, so I can't say that with 100% certainty.

From my perspective, I would much rather pay for optional on-line services like XBL or PSN than to have manufacturers and publishers look for the money elsewhere by charging for used games, selling DLC, selling on-line passes and forcing users to use an Internet connection. I just don't see a road to profitability if the PS4 doesn't have paid PSN, especially since PSN+ won't be up and running for years given the new architecture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I'm surprised no one's mentioned my major bugbear about the Bone yet. I can handle kinect always being on- my Kinect's always on when I play my 360 anyway. I can live without back-compatibility as my 360's not going anywhere. I have an HDTV and can hook it up via HDMI quite happily and the pre-owned block? I mostly buy new games anyway. But that's the whole thing. The games. Aside from Forza 5 the entire Bone launch line-up looks like the endless anual parade of sequels, rip-offs, wank and EA games. Unlike the PS4 line-up, which is properly exciting me, the Bone's launch is blandness made manifest. Hell, even the 360 had Kameo.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nebagram View Post
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned my major bugbear about the Bone yet. I can handle kinect always being on- my Kinect's always on when I play my 360 anyway. I can live without back-compatibility as my 360's not going anywhere. I have an HDTV and can hook it up via HDMI quite happily and the pre-owned block? I mostly buy new games anyway. But that's the whole thing. The games. Aside from Forza 5 the entire Bone launch line-up looks like the endless anual parade of sequels, rip-offs, wank and EA games. Unlike the PS4 line-up, which is properly exciting me, the Bone's launch is blandness made manifest. Hell, even the 360 had Kameo.
    In fairness, they haven't really said anything about the Xbox One launch lineup yet. Frankly, Sony hasn't even said much about the PS4 launch line up either other than a couple of titles.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can handle kinect always being on- .
    From your profile pic, Im surprised you didnt make the thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they are saving E3 for the entire launch line-up reveal or atleast a good part of it. So far there are three games I'm interested in that will be released during the launch window: Destiny(which should be exclusive to Microsoft's consoles atleast a year before coming out on Sony's consoles), Quantum Break and TitanFall, the latest game by Respawn that was leaked to be an exclusive on Microsoft's consoles with a PC release too. I'm a shooter fan so two shooters and a....um, whatever the hell Remedy is doing will work for me.

As for how to improve the XB1, just make it more like the 360. Theres a reason why so many people love that system, Well several reasons really. It kept evolving and kept getting better. Unfortunately it looks like Microsoft is taking that evolution to the next step for the XB1. But that step is not neccessarily one that consumers are looking for, atleast according to all the rumors.

WCP hit on the three major things that have people up in arms but not all of them bother me. My 360, PS3 and Xbox are always connected because they are all hooked up to my wireless network. And my Kinect comes on everytime I turn on my 360. But the used game issue is a pretty big let down. I'm always going to long for the days where I can get cheap used games at flea markets, yard sales, Goodwill, etc. and be able to play them on my system with no problems, fees or additional hassels.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.