Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    DarkChaos2795
    3DS Friend
    3351-4174-4389

Lightbulb Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One

We've all seen this new generation's upcoming/released consoles; the Wii U was released as Nintendo's next-gen console; Sony announced the PS4 to praise and appreciations; and Microsoft announced the Xbox One with some rather questionable contents. So tell me, which console do you think is gonna win this generation's console war: The Wii U, the PS4, or the Xbox One?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I had to put money down to bet on which I feel will sell the most I will have to go with the PS4. Sony almost has it in the bag and all they really have to do is allow used games to be played and make online free again and they will be the winner of this generation. There's nothing I hate more than paying to be able to play online. I want a system where anyone with a broadband connection can play online for free and if the PS4 has that then that's a huge bonus. I'm also a big fan of buying used games so if the PS4 allows for used games without a fee then that's another bonus. This time around the PS4 will be the most powerful console out of the big three with hardware that is supposedly easy to develop for so I expect the PS4 to have the best versions of third party games. On top of that, Sony is also known to have great exclusive games and I anticipate just like the PS3 with exclusive content from third party developers, PS4 will continue to support exclusive content for third party games. In my eyes, the Playstation brand has solidified itself as the premier console platform and the PS4 shows no signs in breaking tradition. Sony has yet to disappoint with any of their previous three consoles and they support their system until late into the system's life. Gran Turismo 6, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us and even Dragon's Crown for us niche gamers will be PS3 exclusive. Gran Turismo 6 for example is a huge Sony exclusive brand and easily could have been used to launch the PS4 but instead Sony decided to remain loyal to PS3 owners and not forget about them in the midst of a new console being released. I think I will most likely only stick with one system for my gaming next generation and I will choose the PS4.
    Last edited by GhostDog; 06-02-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm definitely leaning toward the PS4 at this point. Unless Sony makes some nut-kicking announcement that has us all groaning and bitching like the latest wave of XboxOne details has. I would like to eventually get a Wii-U some day, and a new Metroid or Zelda just might make me take the plunge.
    Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

PS4 will win, and while I'd like Nintendo to come in second having no restrictive DRM and all, it probably won't. Those are the two consoles I'll end up getting this gen though.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

A little early to comment don't you think?

Who knows what the PS4 is really about and the Xbox isn't clear on a few things either.

How are used games going to work for either system? Does the PS4 even have a drive?

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    A little early to comment don't you think?
    Agreed, there is way to much that is unknown to say where I stand at this point. I'll decide after all the facts are known and clear and we aren't going around in circles in thirty different threads discussing the exact same thing over and over.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post
    Agreed, there is way to much that is unknown to say where I stand at this point. I'll decide after all the facts are known and clear and we aren't going around in circles in thirty different threads discussing the exact same thing over and over.
    Strongly agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I'm leaning toward PS4 winning this generation. Looking back on it, if the PS3's launch hadn't been so facepalmingly bad, they'd have trounced the 360. 360's major advantage on launch was its online setup, lower price and one year headstart over the PS3. Xbox One has none of those advantages over the PS4, and coupled with a much weaker-looking launch line-up, will find itself with a hell of a mountain to climb.

As for the Wii U? never seen a console stall so badly in its first 12 months. I've had mine since launch and not bought any games for it since launch, not even on download. It's staggering how much it's flopped given how consistent and how good 3DS releases have been.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

PS4 is the front runner for now but xbox can keep up certainly get second I would think. Wii u can still do well it just needs some nintendo titles out and a price cut if they compete on price and exclusives they will do well. They will likely have more exclusives than sony or microsoft possibly combined lol

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Anyone else find it strange that the xbox one's main selling point, their interaction with satellite and cable are probably going to become obsolete and useless inside of 8 years due to most people or at least their target demographic dont even really watch tv like that

Youtube, hbo go, netflix and hulu are what people use and everyday more and more people are cutting the cord, i dont see this in any way helping sell someone on xbox

Then u factor in indie developers all jumping ship, sonys already installed base with exclusives plus more powerful than the xbox all while possibly being cheaper and i dont see how microsoft can pull this off

Halo and gears can only get you so far

Wii u for me will probably happen when the price drops to around 130 and their library is pretty much all full

Ps4 is a definte purchase for me unless i go full pc which i doubt since im broke

Xbone....never, just on fucking principle
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 06-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."